QuickBooks error 19062 00238 is a technical error in Quickbooks that users face while performing their accounting operations through this software. It can prevent you from creating journal entries in QB. If you are also stuck over this 19062 00238 error, then no worries; we have got you sorted. This blog will guide you to resolve the QuickBooks error code 19062 00238 with a few easy steps and solutions.
Continue reading the complete article and learn the ways to fix the QB error code 19062 00238.
Brief Description of QuickBooks error 19062 00238.
QuickBooks error 19062 00238 appears in QuickBooks and stops the users from opening the QB file. This error is also known as unrecoverable error 19062 00238. The error message for this says that QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. Along with this message, the error message also carries one of the 50 unique numeric codes in it. These numeric codes are 10 digits long in a “5 digits space 5-digits” pattern.
This QuickBooks Company File error 19062 00238 indicates that the QB applications have experienced some critical application faults.
Sings that indicate the QuickBooks error 19062 00238
The main sign that indicates the presence of QuickBooks error 19062 00238 is the difficulty in creating the journal entries in the application. The other signs include:
- Repeatedly freezing the QuickBooks software.
- Difficulty in opening or accessing the QB company file.
- Difficulty in accessing or printing bank transactions in QuickBooks.
- Abruptly crashing QB software can also indicate the presence of error 19062 00238.
- Even being unable to save the transactions in Qb is also a sign of the QuickBooks Premier Accountant issue 19062 00238.
- Error message with unique codes on the screen also indicates the QuickBooks error code 19062 00238.
Specific Instances when you can face the QuickBooks error 19062 00238
This error code may appear on your screen on different instances while you use the QuickBooks application. Some of the circumstances when the unrecoverable error occurs are
- It may appear when opening the QB desktop file on a workstation.
- You may also face the error when you print, email, or save a PDF out of the QB application.
- It can also occur while you save a transaction or record in QB.
- When you chain a target or run the Rebuild utility tool, an unrecoverable error may occur.
- It can also pop up while you write a check to QuickBooks Online Bill Pay or import accountant’s changes.
- While you create a company file or even when you back up a file.
- When you do a bank reconciliation or view previous reconciliation reports, it may also occur.
- It may also occur when you try to close any open window in a company file.
- At the time of opening any window in QuickBooks application like Home Page, Company Snapshot, Reports, Transaction.
- It may also pop up when you use the Open Previous Company feature.
Some Reasons that trigger QuickBooks error 19062 00238
Different factors play a contributory role in evoking this error code in QuickBooks. After going through the various causes behind the error, the resolution of the error will become much easier.
- Essential QuickBooks files may be damaged or corrupted.
- Poor internet connectivity or ancillary network-related issue may also lead to QuickBooks Error 19062 00238.
- Using an out-to-date QuickBooks software may also instigate this error code.
- Abrupt shutdown of your computer due to a power failure can cause corruption in the QuickBooks files, thus leading to the error code.
- Specific issues with Windows-related files or using an outdated version of windows can also provoke this QuickBooks error.
Important Points to take into consideration to fix the QuickBooks Error 19062 00238
Since the troubleshooting steps involve some crucial technical steps, which can sometimes lead to data loss if not properly executed. Thus, you need to take into consideration the following two points before proceeding forward with the troubleshooting steps:
Step 1: Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
You can update the QB Desktop automatically or even manually. You can enable the Automatic Updates option. This way, QuickBooks will automatically download and install the most recent updates as soon as it becomes available. However, if you opt to do the updates by yourself, you need to check for the updates once a month.
You can perform the given steps to check and update the software.
- The very first step to download the latest QB update is to close the company file and QB application.
- Then, press the Windows Start menu and open it.
- Next, look for the QB Desktop application and click right on the icon.
- Then you need to choose the Run as Administrator option.
- After that, you need to move to the No Company Open window and then select the Help menu.
- Then, go to the Update QB Desktop option and then to the Update Now tab.
- Next, select the checkbox next to the Reset Update option.
- Once everything is all set, hit on the Get Updates option.
Once the update is done successfully, open your QuickBooks Desktop application again. Then select the Yes button and install the updates. After the installation completes, restart your PC once again.
Step 2: Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file.
- Go to the File menu first, then go to the option saying Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Then move to the File menu once more and then hover back to the Backup Company option.
- After that, select the Create Local Backup option.
- Then, in the next window, you need to select the Local Backup options and then Next.
- Then go to the Local Backup Only section and then select the Browse option.
- After that, you need to choose a location where you want to save your QB backup company file.
- And set the number of backups that you want to take. This step is optional.
- Then you need to run a test to make sure that the backup file you just created is in good shape before you save it.
- If you find everything is all set, then tap on the OK button.
- Then, you need to select the Save it Now option and tap the Next button. QuickBooks will then save a single company file as a backup and will send you a confirmation message once it’s completed.
- Then, every time when you get an unrecoverable error, you need to choose the Send option. It will gather the data and will help Intuit in developing patch updates and improving the application.
Effective Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error 19062 00238
After understanding the causes that trigger the QuickBooks Error 19062 00238, it can become easy for you to troubleshoot the error. So, go to each step carefully and resolve the unrecoverable error 19062 00238. Make sure to follow each step carefully and for any assistance, call us at our Toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942.
Solution 1: Identify the number of users that are affected by the error.
First, you need to recognize the number of users that were affected by the error. Even if they are using different login credentials and trying to open the same company file. In such a case, if the error has occurred in a specific user, then their credentials are damaged. In that case, you need to make sure to recreate the user. The steps for the same are as follows:
Condition 1: If a Regular User is only damaged.
- Start by going to the Setup users and passwords tab.
- Then proceed to the Setup users tab.
- After that, if you are the Enterprise User: click on the company file menu and then choose the Users option.
- Then click on the Setup customers and roles icon.
- Now, you need to hit on the Add user icon and enter the User name along with the Password and hit Next.
- Also, make sure that you avoid using the Damaged user name.
- Then the next step is to Customize the customer as per requirement and then click on the Finish icon.
- After these, click on the File menu first and then tap on the Close company/logoff option.
- The last step involves you to sign-in the QuickBooks company file using the new login credentials.
Condition 2: If Admin user has got damaged.
If your admin user is facing the QuickBooks error 19062 00238, then you need to download and run the Quickbooks tools hub. This tool is a set of multiple QuickBooks tools that can help users to resolve all the common errors. Also, make sure that the QB is closed before using the tool.
Step 1: First, Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First, you must close the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Then, download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool hub. It would most probably be 22.214.171.124.
- Save this file to a folder that is easily accessible.
- Next, you need to open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file that you have recently downloaded.
- Then, perform the instructions that appear on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the installation gets completed, then click twice on the Windows desktop in order to open the Tool Hub.
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve the QuickBooks Company File error 19062 00238.
- First, select the Company File Issue from the Tool hub.
- Then go to the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option from the drop-down menu. You will find this option in the second option.
- The QB File doctor will take up to one or two minutes to open. If the QB File doctor does not open, you need to look for it and open it manually.
- Then select the company file from the drop-down menu in the QB File Doctor.
- If you do not see your file, you need to choose the Browse option and locate it on your system.
- Afterward, you must select the Check the file option and proceed.
- Then select the Next tab after entering the QB admin password.
The size of your files affects how long it takes to scan them. In most cases, it can take up to five minutes. Following the scan, open QuickBooks and your company file. Even if the scan fixes your issue, it can indicate that it was unsuccessful.
Solution 2: Suppress your QuickBooks Desktop.
You have two conditions under this solution. Both of these conditions are described below:
Step 1: Suppress the QB desktop while starting the QuickBooks application.
- First, you need to press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
- Then, you have to tap twice on the QuickBooks application icon.
- After that, once again press the Ctrl key till the No company open window appears on your screen.
Step 2: Suppress the QB desktop while opening up a company file.
- First, choose the required company file from the No company open window.
- Then, you need to press and hold the Alt key followed by selecting the Open icon.
- Proceed further and release the Alt key. You will be redirected to the Login details menu; you need to type in the login credentials.
- However, if you are not directed to the login page, make sure to continue to press the Alt key.
- Then press the Alt key and click on the OK tab when prompted. You need to make sure that you do not need to release the Alt key till the time the file opens up completely.
Solution 3: Open a Sample Company File to resolve the QuickBooks Unrecoverable error 19062 00238.
You can open a sample company file to figure out if the issue is with your company file or with QuickBooks. There can be two cases; are
- If you are able to open the sample file without any issues, your company file, or the folder having the company file, is damaged. In such a case, you need to copy the file to a different location and check if it helps.
- However, if the error persists, restore your company file using a recent backup or ADR. If you are not able to do the backup or ADR, then try some simple data damage troubleshooting solutions, or you can also contact our QuickBooks experts by calling at +1-(855)-955-1942 to sort out your issue.
- Otherwise, proceed to the next solution if the sample file produces the same QuickBooks error code 19062 00238.
Step 1: First, Open the Sample file.
- First, select the Open a sample file option from the No Company Open window.
- Then select any example file from the list.
Step 2: Transfer the Company file to a new location.
This step can help you know if the problem is with the folder where the file is saved or, to be precise, if the issue is with the file system path. And if the same QuickBooks error 19062 00238 still persists after relocating the company file to a different location, the actual problem is with your QuickBooks installation or the company file.
- First, select the New Folder option by clicking right anywhere on your Desktop screen.
- Then add a folder with the name QBTEST.
- Now copy the file by clicking right on it.
- Next, paste the company file into the QBTEST folder you made.
- Then, from the QBTEST folder, you need to open the company files.
Solution 4: Repair the QB Desktop Application to resolve the QuickBooks Unrecoverable error 19062 00238.
Repair your QB Desktop application by following the given steps:
- First, choose the Installation Issues followed by the QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Then select the Clean Install Tool from there.
- After that, you need to repair the Microsoft components manually.
- If you are unsure about the process, consult an IT professional to help you out.
- Then, you also need to reinstall or fix the Framework for Microsoft.NET.
- Next, repair the MSXML file developed by Microsoft.
- Now, uninstall and then reinstall the Visual C++ program by Microsoft.
Solution 5: Create a new Windows Admin to resolve the QuickBooks Unrecoverable error 19062 00238.
For Windows 10 users:
- First, click on the Start menu and then move on to the Settings tab. Along with that, you need to opt for the accounts tab, followed by clicking on the Family and other users tab.
- Then you need to click on the Add someone else to this computer option under the other users icon.
- Next, select the I do not have this person’s sign-in info icon and hit click on Add a user without Microsoft Account.
- Move ahead with the name of the New account, followed by hitting the Finish icon.
- Then, you need to Appoint a password to the new account to ensure security.
- Next, tap on the Recently produced account, followed by selecting the Account type tab.
- Once done, click on the Administrator tab and hit OK.
For Windows 8.1 users:
- First, move to the Run window, and press Windows + R key.
- After that, type in the Control Panel in the search and then hit OK.
- Then, the next step is to hit the User accounts tab and then the Manage another account tab. Also, you can hit the Other accounts options followed by the Add an account.
- Move ahead and sign in without a Microsoft account and then select the Local account tab.
- After that, Enter the username, password, & password hint, and then select the Next button.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Manage other accounts window. Here you need to choose the freshly built account and then hit the Edit icon.
- Coming to an end, you have to select the Admin tab and hit OK at last.
For Windows 8 and 7 users:
- First, press the Windows + R keys, and it will open the Run window.
- Then, enter the word Control Panel in the search and hit OK.
- After that, you need to select the User accounts tab and hit the Manage another account tab.
- Then, you need to select the Create new account tab and enter the New account’s name.
- Further, you have to opt for the Administrator tab and hit the Create account tab.
For Windows Server Users:
For Windows Server 2012,
A licensed system technician maintains the servers. So, you need to carefully follow the given steps:
- First, you need to open the Database server manager.
- Then click on the Tools tab and choose the Computer management option.
- Later, you need to expand Local users and groups and choose the Group’s option.
- Now head toward the Admin groups and then Open the admin properties Windows.
- Then, move ahead by clicking the Add option tab.
- After that, select the Item users, computer systems, Service accounts, and groups window.
- Lastly, you need to enter the account name that you want to add to the local admin groups. Then click OK.
For Windows Small Business Server 2011 and 2008/R2 users:
- For this process, you need to run the Windows SBS 2011/2008) console.
- Further, you need to opt for the Users and Groups and then choose the Users tab.
- Next, you need to go for the Add a new user account option and run the Add a New User Account wizard from the task panel.
- Then, you are supposed to fill in the Details and choose the Role option for the new user.
- Next, enter a new password for the new user. Also, remember the password should match the complexity demands.
- Lastly, tap on the Add user option and hit the Finish tab after following the instructions.
Solution 6: Modify the way you save the form to resolve the QuickBooks error 19062 00238.
- For this step, you have to use the Save and Close or Save and New tabs at the bottom of the forms to save the transactions.
- Also, make sure that you do not leave the cursor anywhere on the blank line while saving it. The cursor should always be on any line that has some text written over it.
- Then, you need to click on the To Be Printed option before saving the transactions.
- Then, give the Print command from the File and Print forms.
If, after that also, QuickBooks unrecoverable error 19062 00238 appears while giving print commands, making changes, or editing any preferences, follow these steps:
- First, go to the Edit Menu and then click Preferences.
- After that, you need to click on the print check box and clear the Save transactions option beneath the Company Preferences Tab.
- Lastly, hit tap on OK and save all the changes.
The Conclusive Words
The QuickBooks error 19062 00238 is a technical error that needs to be handled and resolved carefully. You can also use tools like the Verify and Rebuild data tool to fix the issue temporarily. However, its troubleshooting steps involve detailed technical knowledge. So if you are not very much into the technical domain, we suggest you take the help of some It professionals. You can contact our QB support expert and brief them about your issue; they will sort it out. Call us at our Tool free +1-(855)-955-1942 and connect.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may face QuickBooks Error 19062 00238 because your essential QB file might be damaged, you are using the outdated version of QB, or even poor internet connectivity can also lead to this error.
To resolve the QB unrecoverable error, you can run the reboot.bat file by following the given steps: Begin the process by looking for the reboot.bat file in C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks xxx Ver 00.0. Then, click right on the Reboot.bat file and run it as an administrator. Then start the program and check if the problem is repaired or not. If not, restart your system and try again later.
The other common unrecoverable error codes in QuickBooks include:
QuickBooks error codes 13730 84631, 00227 55008, 02457 79428, 00000 14775,
13824 75582, 00551 46274, etc.