Do you also want to decrease your business bookkeeping and accounting dependency on manual efforts? If yes, then QuickBooks is the best solution for all your needs. The QuickBooks accounting software, with its right combination of features, can help you manage your accounting needs efficiently. But you need to have the latest version of QuickBooks for the best features. There is a quick, updated guide to downloading the QuickBooks Desktop application. Follow the easy step to step guide and download and install the QB application.
Some Prominent Features of QuickBooks Desktop
The Quickbooks Desktop application comes with several features that can ease your life. These features include
This feature can help you remind your customers about the payments.
Customized Payment Receipts:
These can help you to create custom templates according to your wish. You can create and customize forms, invoices, sales receipts, estimates, statements, and purchase orders using this feature.
Create Customer Groups:
This feature allows you to categorize your customers on different parameters, including geographic, payment type, and even payment history. The same customer List feature can be used to create new groups. And can also help you to set up automated payment reminders for the group.
Improved Bank Feeds:
The advanced bank feeds feature helps you to download multiple feeds. You have two modes here, one is classic, and the other is Express mode. You can match the downloaded transactions to those that you already entered in the QB. In the Express mode, however, you can try to match the downloaded bank transactions with already entered ones. If the match is not found, QB automatically creates a new one.
The smart Help feature can help you eliminate confusion by providing you with the right directions when needed. This option improves your working on QuickBooks and navigates you whenever required.
Barcode label prices:
This QuickBooks 2021 feature enables you to add the price of any product on a barcode created by tracking the inventory. After that, you can directly include the pricing of all the inventory items from the same product category where you added the description. You just have to select the Include Item Sales Price option, and your work gets done.
Basic System Requirements to Download Quickbooks Desktop Application
To work efficiently on the system, you have to make sure your system fulfills the basic requirements necessary for QuickBooks Desktop. So keep a check on the following points before you proceed forward to download QuickBooks Desktop.
The basic three points you need to understand first include:
- The necessary system configuration
- Stable internet connection
- A legitimate QuickBooks version
Read Also- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 147
The other details about these requirements for downloading the QuickBooks Desktop application are as follows:
- Operating System: The OS for any system plays an important role in the smooth working of any application. The operating systems that support the QuickBooks Desktop application are
- All editions of Windows 10, including 64-bit but natively installed.
- Natively installed all editions of Windows 8.1 (Update 1), including 64-bit.
- Both Standard and Essential versions of Windows Server 2016 or 2019.
- Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Database Servers: It includes the following
|For Windows (natively installed)||Windows Server 2016Windows Server 2012 R2Windows Server 2011Note to remember: Windows Small Business Server 2011 is not compatible with QuickBooks Desktop.Windows 10 Windows 8.1 (Update 1)|
|Linux (while using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)|
OpenSuse 42.3Fedora 27Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)
- Browser Requirement: Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit) is the basic browser that QuickBooks uses to access its online services.
- Hardware and Operating System Requirements (for client and server): The server system hosts the QB files on the server, and the client is the workstation that the users use for accessing these files. These requirements include
- Processor: The minimum of 2.4GHz is required for running QuickBooks smoothly.
- RAM: 4 GB RAM is the minimum requirement for the QuickBooks desktop on workstations, and 8 GB for the server requirement. However, for 1-5 users, you need 8 GB RAM; for 10 users, 12 GB RAM; for 15 users, 16 GB RAM and for 20 Users, 20+GB RAM is the basic requirement.
- Disk Space: A minimum of 2.5GB of disk space is required for QuickBooks to run smoothly.
- WindowsVersion: The Windows Regional settings for the US version must be set to English. The windows must also be natively installed. Along with the administrator, rights should also be set on the server computer while hosting the multi-user access.
- Optical Drive: A 4X DVD-ROM drive is also required to install the CD.
- Screen Resolution: The screen resolution for display should be optimized to 1280 x 1024 or higher. You can also use higher resolution up to 2 extended monitors.
Facing QuickBooks error 3371? Read How to Fix QuickBooks error 3371.
Steps to download QuickBooks Desktop:
After you have checked the basic system requirements list, you can download and install the QuickBooks Desktop application. We have simplified the process for you by classifying it into different steps. Each step is given below with the complete details. Do check out the complete process to download QuickBooks Desktop below.
Step 1: Download QuickBooks Desktop
You need to make an online purchase for the QuickBooks Desktop version. You will have multiple options to choose from according to your needs. You have to go to the Downloads and Update page on the official site of Intuit and get your version from there. You will get two options there,
- Log in as a Proadvisor: You can log into the QuickBooks ProAdvisior Center to download your QB software.
- Log in as an Accountant: If you are an Accountant, log in to the Customer Account Management Portal (CAMPS) and download the QB software.
After you have logged in, you must follow the steps to download the installation file to complete the download process.
- First, head to the official website of Intuit and then choose the version of QuickBooks that you want to download.
- You can check and choose between the options like QuickBooks Desktop, Enterprise, Pro, and Premier on the website.
- Then click on the product you wish to download and purchase.
- Once you decide on the product, complete the payment process by entering the payment details.
- When the payment gets completed, you will get your license and product code. Keep it handy for future use.
- You will also receive a confirmation code from Intuit in your email.
- Now you will also be able to see the download the QuickBooks tab.
- Click on the tab now and select the location on the device where you want to save the file.
- After that, click on the Save button, and your Quickbooks download will start.
- Lastly, let the process end, and it will directly direct you to the second step, which is the installation process.
Step 2: Install the QuickBooks Desktop
Once you have downloaded the QuickBooks file, you need to complete the installation process. The installation process is subdivided into a few steps to ease the process for you.
First: Get your QuickBooks Product and License Number.
You will need this in the next step; it will be good if you find and keep it beforehand.
- If you have subscribed to the monthly or annual product subscription: then you must have received the QuickBooks Desktop license number and the product code in an email. Remember to check the spam mail section if you do not find it in the inbox.
- If you have purchased and downloaded QuickBooks Desktop from Intuit’s official website: then Intuit will send you the license number as well as the product code in the confirmation code.
- If you bought QuickBooks Desktop from any other retail store: then your license number and the product code will be mentioned in the inside panel of the folder in which the CD was saved.
- If you have reinstalled the QB application: then your information related to the license number and product information will be mentioned in the Customer Account Management Portal.
- If you have lost your license information or the product number: then you need to recover it. You can connect with our experts, and they will help you recover it.
Second: Install the QuickBooks Desktop Software from the Downloaded file.
- To begin with, open the downloaded QuickBooks.exe file.
- Then you need to follow the instructions given on the screen and accept the software license agreement.
- Then you need to click Next to proceed further.
- After that, you have to enter the Product and License numbers that you received and click on Next.
Third: Choose the Right Installation Type for you.
After you have executed the first two steps, you will get two options for installation. You need to pick any one of the two installation options as per your requirements.
- Express Install
You can opt for this installation type if you are:
- Using the QB Desktop for the first time.
- Reinstalling the QB Desktop.
- Going to use the application on a single computer and not being a part of any network.
Installation steps for this Method:
- The first step involves you clicking on the express option followed by the Next tab.
- Then tap on the Install tab.
- When the installation ends, choose the Open QuickBooks option and get started with your QuickBooks application.
- Custom and Network Install
You can opt for this installation type if you are:
- About to host the company file on the server.
- Setting up a multi-user network environment.
- Installing the QuickBooks Desktop on the server rather than any respective device.
Installation steps for this Method:
- Begin by choosing the Custom and Network options, followed by clicking the Next button.
- Once done with that, you need to choose the option that best uses QuickBooks as per your preference.
- Then you can opt for Change the Install Location option.
- Next, you have to click on the Browse to the folder option and go to the folder where you wish to put the QuickBooks files.
- After that, click on the Next tab and start the installation process.
- And open the QB desktop when the process ends.
Step 3: Activate your QuickBooks Desktop.
Once you download QuickBooks Desktop and install it, the last step that remains is the activation of the software. So to activate the QuickBooks application, follow the given steps:
- First, open the QuickBooks desktop and press the F2 key on the keyboard.
- Then head towards the Help menu and tap on the Activate QuickBooks desktop option.
- After that, go to the Product Information window.
- Then verify the registration status and the license number.
- If you see the status Activated, then you can use your software now.
- Else, you have to first tap OK on the Product Information window and close it.
- Then again go to the Help menu and click on the Activate QB tab.
- It will prompt some instructions on the screen follow it and update the software if required
- Lastly, end the process and enjoy working on your QuickBooks software.
To Summarize Everything Said Above
Make sure you download QuickBooks desktop in the most latest available version. It will be 38% smoother and faster and will have more features compared to the older versions. The updates given by Intuit also fix some technical bugs in the software, so having the latest version will also reduce the chances of getting stuck on any error. Apart from that, if you need any kind of in between, you can contact QuickBooks Data Service Solutions support team. Call us at our Toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942 to connect.
Frequently Asked Questions
To download QuickBooks Desktop software update, you need to go to the Downloads & Updates page in QB and then select the standard setup option. After that, you have to select your country, product, and version and then search and get the update.
To check the version of your QuickBooks Desktop, open the QB desktop and press the F2 key. Then look for the product name, product number, and license number in the Product Information window. You will also get the details of the version you are using in the File section.
Yes, you can reinstall or move QuickBooks Desktop to another computer. You can achieve this with the help of the QuickBooks migrator tool.