Have you ever got stuck while logging in to your bank website(Netwest, Bank of America or any other bank website)? If yes, then, it’s mainly because of QuickBooks error 179. When it occurs, it not only restricts you from accessing your account data but also from downloading the transactions from your bank account into the QuickBooks application. Besides, the error locks you out of your bank account, and this error code appears on your screen with an error message that reads:
“Bank error 179 even while not being logged in."
Recently, this error has troubled the users of NatWest bank. However, it can affect users of other banks as well. Thus, you cannot deny that this error can cause a serious disturbance in your day-to-day accounting with the QuickBooks, and therefore, needs to be resolved as soon as possible.
Aren’t you able to access your online banking due to the occurrence of QuickBooks error 179? Well, don’t worry! Give us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1(855)-955-1942 and get in touch with our experts.
Why Do I End Up With QuickBooks Error Code 179?
Browsers cache and temporary internet files are the reasons that can result in QuickBooks error 179. However, there are several other reasons as well, of which we have listed the major ones below:
- QuickBooks error code 179 occurs when you select an incorrect bank while logging in to QuickBooks.
- While entering incorrect login credentials.
- You haven’t updated your online banking login credentials in QuickBooks.
- There might be a possibility that you are logged in to your bank account from multiple devices at the time when you are trying to reconnect the account in QuickBooks.
- Errors in Company file(For ex- Missing data).
Pro Tips to Fix QuickBooks Rebuild Error 179
To help you fix QuickBooks rebuild error 179, here we have listed some of the effective troubleshooting solutions:
Key-points before resolving QuickBooks error 179:
- Make sure that you aren’t logged in to your bank from some other device.
- Before reconnecting the account, make sure that you select the right bank in QuickBooks online.
- You must have a stable internet connection to ensure QuickBooks can connect with the banking server for account reconnection.
Solution 1: Clear Browser’s Cache and Temporary Internet Files
If web pages are taking too long to load, you need to clear the cache data to enhance the performance. For doing so, you must proceed with the below-given steps:
- Go to the Menu tab of Firefox and click on the History option.
- Then, click on Clear Recent History and it will open a pop-up window with the time Range.
- Make sure you set it to Everything to clear the entire Cache and junk files.
- Ensure to checkmark Cache from the Drop-down arrow button next to Details.
- Now, click on Clear Now and close the Firefox.
- Open the Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.
- From there, click on Safety followed by the Delete Browsing history option.
- Make sure to unmark the checkbox next to Preserve Favorites Website Data.
- Further, keep a check on the temporary Internet Files and click on Delete followed by OK.
- Click on three Menu dots on the top-right corner and select History>Clear Browsing Data option.
- Use the following items from the drop-down arrow to select the beginning of time.
- Now, click on Clear Browsing data.
- Lastly, close Google Chrome and then reopen it to go to QuickBooks Online and check for the status of QuickBooks Error 179.
Solution 2: Verify the Banking Login Credentials
- Open your internet browser and go to your bank’s online login page.
- When asked, enter the login credentials and click on sign in/login.
- If you’re able to log in to your account, then you can proceed to update your login credentials.
- However, if you get a message that your login credentials are incorrect, then you have to reset the password.
Solution 3: Update Banking Login Credentials in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks Online and select Banking from the left side Banking Panel.
- After that, select the account that is giving QuickBooks error 179 and click on the Edit icon.
- Choose Edit Sign in Info and enter the recent login credentials of your online banking.
- Click on Update and try to reconnect the account once again.
Solution 4: Delete Multiple Browser Logins
Make sure to clear multiple browser logins before you begin to fix QuickBooks Bank Connection Error 179. To do so, you need to follow the given points:
- If your bank account logged in on any browser, Make sure to sign-out.
NOTE: When you try to sign in, your bank account should not be logged in by any other user. If your bank credentials are used by someone to access your account, that person has to sign out from the bank’s website immediately.
- Lastly, you can now sign-in to your bank account.
IMPORTANT: If QuickBooks error 179 persists even after following the above steps, then we would suggest you wait for at least 20 minutes before you reconnect your account again. In the meantime, you can try updating your transactions and bank feeds by downloading the bank feeds from the banking website and upload them manually in QuickBooks.
Get Instant Help To Fix Error 179!
By performing very simple fixes, you can work around QuickBooks Error 179. However, if you get stuck and need any further assistance, we would suggest you give us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.