Have you ever got stuck while logging in to your bank website(Netwest, Bank of America, or any other bank website)? If yes, then, it’s mainly because of QuickBooks error 179. When it occurs, it not only restricts you from accessing your account data but also stops you from accessing and downloading any transaction from your bank account into the QuickBooks application. Besides, the error locks you out of your bank account, and this error code appears on your screen with an error message that reads:
“Bank error 179 even while not being logged in."
Recently, this error has troubled the users of NatWest bank. However, it can affect users of other banks as well. Thus, you cannot deny that this error can cause a serious disturbance in your day-to-day accounting with QuickBooks, and therefore, it needs to be resolved as soon as possible.
Aren’t you able to access your online banking due to the occurrence of QuickBooks error 179? Well, don’t worry! Give us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1(855)-955-1942 and get in touch with our experts.
Why Do I End Up With QuickBooks Error Code 179?
Browsers’ cache and temporary internet files are the reasons that can result in QuickBooks error 179. However, there are several other reasons as well, which we have listed the major ones below:
- QuickBooks error code 179 occurs when you select an incorrect bank while logging in to QuickBooks.
- While entering incorrect login credentials.
- You haven’t updated your online banking login credentials in QuickBooks.
- There might be a possibility that you are logged in to your bank account from multiple devices at the time when you are trying to reconnect the account in QuickBooks.
- Errors in Company file(For ex- Missing data).
Indicators of QuickBooks Error 179
If you are facing any trouble with your Windows OS or QB application, please match the below-given indicators to know the reason. These indicators will help you identify the QuickBooks error 179 so that you can move forward with troubleshooting.
- Your organization files might be damaged or missing, or corrupted.
- QB is taking more than usual time to respond or is not even responding properly.
- QuickBooks may also automatically shift to freeze mode.
- You may be missing some important steps or details in your software application list.
- Your system starts to hang.
- Your QB desktop may start inputting null and void values while you are in operation.
Pro Tips to Fix QuickBooks Rebuild Error 179
To help you fix QuickBooks rebuild error 179, here we have listed some of the effective troubleshooting solutions:
Key-points before resolving QuickBooks error 179:
- Make sure that you aren’t logged in to your bank from some other device.
- Before reconnecting the account, make sure that you select the right bank in QuickBooks online.
- You must have a stable internet connection to ensure QuickBooks can connect with the banking server for account reconnection.
Solution 1: Clear Browser’s Cache and Temporary Internet Files
If web pages are taking too long to load, you need to clear the cache data to enhance the performance. For doing so, you must proceed with the below-given steps:
- For this, you must go to the Menu tab of Firefox and then click on the History option.
- After that, give a click on Clear Recent History. It will then open a pop-up window with a Time Range section.
- Then make sure you set it to the Everything option in order to clear the entire Cache and junk files.
- Next, ensure to checkmark the Cache option from the drop-down arrow button next to the Details option.
- Now, click on the Clear Now button and close Firefox.
- Open the Internet Explorer Browser and give hit on the Gear icon.
- From there, you need to click on the Safety button, followed by the Delete Browsing history option.
- Next, make sure to unmark the checkbox present next to the Preserve Favorites Website Data option.
- Further, also keep a check on the Temporary Internet Files and then click on the Delete button followed by OK.
- First, click on the three Menu dots in the top-right corner and select the History option, followed by the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Then from the drop-down arrow, to select the beginning of time, use the following items.
- Now, click on the Clear Browsing data button.
- Lastly, close Google Chrome and then again open it to go to QuickBooks Online and check for the status of QuickBooks Error 179.
Read Also- How to Solve QuickBooks error 3371.
Solution 2: Verify the Banking Login Credentials
- First, you must open the internet browser and go to your bank’s online login page.
- When asked, enter the login credentials and click on sign in/login.
- Now, if you are able to log in to your account successfully, then you can proceed to update your login credentials.
- However, if you get a message that your login credentials are incorrect, then you have to reset the password.
Solution 3: Update Banking Login Credentials in QuickBooks
- Start by opening QuickBooks Online and then selecting the Banking option from the left side of the Banking Panel.
- After that, select the account that is giving QuickBooks error 179 and click on the Edit icon.
- Choose Edit Sign-in Info and enter the recent login credentials of your online banking.
- Click on Update and try to reconnect the account once again.
Solution 4: Delete Multiple Browser Logins
Make sure to clear multiple browser logins before you begin to fix QuickBooks Bank Connection Error 179. To do so, you need to follow the given points:
- If your bank account is logged in on any browser, Make sure to sign out.
NOTE: When you try to sign in, your bank account should not be logged in by any other user. If your bank credentials are used by someone to access your account, that person has to sign out from the bank’s website immediately.
- Lastly, you can now sign in to your bank account.
IMPORTANT: If you still face the QuickBooks error 179 even after following the above steps, then we would suggest you wait for at least 20 minutes before you reconnect your account again. In the meantime, you can try to update your bank feeds, and transactions by downloading the bank feed from the banking website and uploading them manually in QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Repair Windows Registry Issue related to QuickBooks Error 179
The Windows Registry stores and controls the options and settings of QuickBooks Desktop. So, even a minor registry issue can cause youtube to face errors in QB. Thus, you can resolve the error by creating its backup and restoring the software.
- Type the word Regedit in the command prompt and open the Register Entry.
- You can back up the entire Registry by clicking right on the Computer icon and clicking on the Export button.
- Step number 2 will create a backup of all software that has been installed on the system, including QuickBooks software like QuickBooks Pro. These backup files will be stored in a backup folder with a .reg file extension.
- Next, you need to restore the .reg file from the Registry Editor.
- Then, relaunch the QuickBooks software and check if the error persists.
Solution 6: Make use of the QB file doctor to fix QuickBooks Error 179
- Start by closing the QB application and downloading the QB Tool Hub.
- After that, complete the installation process by agreeing to the terms and conditions and following on-screen instructions.
- After that, click twice on its icon on the windows.
- Then, choose the company file issue from the tool hub and run the Quickbooks File Doctor Tool.
- Let it work and complete the analysis.
- After that, you can reboot the system to get the issue resolved.
Get Instant Help To Fix Error 179!
By performing very simple fixes, you can work around QuickBooks Error 179. However, if you get stuck and need any further assistance, we would suggest you give us a call at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
QB error code 179 is a bank error and occurs when the users are unable to access their bank accounts through QuickBooks. It is associated with authorization issues preventing users from downloading account data.
You face QuickBooks error 179 because there might be some missing transactions or duplicate payments in your account. An incomplete balance sheet may also be a reason why you are facing this issue.
Firstly, open the bank’s website and login into your account. Then copy the URL and log into your QB account. Then, go to the Banking Page and then click on Add Account then, go to the Search section, and paste that copied bank’s URL. From the results section, you need to click on the Bank button. Then enter the required details and hit Connect.