Being one of the best and most used accounting software in the world- QuickBooks often faces some downtime. Mostly these are due to technical errors that happen for some or other reason. QuickBooks update error 12031 is one such error that people face many times due to some or the other reason. This is amongst the most common and occurring ones in the software but there are ways to get it fixed quickly and easily.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 12031?
QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 12031, is a very common error of QB that occurs while updating your QB desktop or refreshing the payroll. That is the reason why it is called an update error. There are several other notations that also pop up on your screen due to the same cause:
Major causes of QuickBooks Update Error 12031
Now, the next thing for you to know is the cause of this problem. So, most people get the pop-up of QuickBooks Error 12031 in these cases:
- If and when your desktop experiences low internet connectivity while you are updating the payroll on the software.
- When a third-party software or program hinders the connection-establishment process of your software and intuit’s servers.
- When the firewall in your device creates problems in the connection.
- Also, when you change the default web browser from Internet Explorer to something else.
- Also when you do not have the updated version of the software or Windows.
- And if the SSL settings are not right.
Quick Solution for QuickBooks Error 12031
Before you start troubleshooting the problem, it is very important that you rectify the reason. Once you have pinpointed it, then only you can pick any of the below-given solutions.
Solution 1: Deactivating the Third-Party Software
At times, due to high-security reasons, there are many third-party software like antivirus that doesn’t let the connection between the software on your device and the server get established. So, if that’s the reason, all you need to do is simply deactivate or uninstall the program until the problem of QuickBooks Error Code 12031 is fixed.
Solution 2: Configure the Right Setting on your Desktop
In this, you need to pick up a few small things and then configure them properly before re-launching your program.
- Firstly, check whether your default browser is Internet Explorer or not. If it is not then do make it the same for your device. That’s because QB automatically uses Internet Explorer as its browser to make the connection with the servers.
- Then check whether your Windows is up-to-date or not. If you are using an updated version of QB and an older version of Windows, this might create a compatibility issue and create QuickBooks Update Error 12031.
- If this problem persists, then check for the QB updates (if any) in the help menu of the software. If you don’t have the latest version, please download and install that.
- Many times, modifying the SSL setting in your device or downloading TLS 1.2 utility can also help in overcoming this problem.
Solution 3: Rename your Network Data File
- Open the QB folder on your device and look for the file with an extension “.nd”
- After spotting the file, just select and right-click on it.
- Click on the “rename the file” button and rename it.
- All you need to do is put “.old” at the end of the name.
- This will fix QuickBooks Error Code 12031 for good.
Experts Assistance to fix QuickBooks Update Error 12031!
We are affirmative that you will be able to overcome this Payroll Update Error 12031 in QuickBooks with the above-given solutions. But if the problem persists, you can call QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Team at +1-(855)-955-1942. They will help and guide you through the problem. And if you are unable to diagnose the problem in the first place, they will help you with that too.