QuickBooks offers its users an ultimate feature to simplify their payroll processing; however, sometimes, they struggle to download updates for their QuickBooks payroll. One such error is QuickBooks Error 12152, which is a similar payroll update error that is faced when the user downloads an update for QB payroll but fails to do so due to an interruption caused by a weak internet connection. It may also appear when your payroll update is successful, but the application is inaccessible. Consequently, your connection to the server gets disrupted, and you may also face issues while updating the software. For more details about the Payroll Update Error Code 12152, go through the given article.
How To Recognize Error 12152 In QuickBooks?
Before troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Message 12152, Look at all the signs and symptoms of Error 12152 in QuickBooks :
- When your software crashes every once in a while, it might be a sign of QuickBooks update error 12152.
- When updating QuickBooks, you may encounter an error.
- Your system freezes on a frequent basis and It’s possible that the user won’t be able to click on the QB program’s buttons or tabs.
Vital Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 12152
Apart from slow internet services, QB Error Code 12152 can be caused by a variety of factors. Let’s look at all of them:
- There is an issue reading the license data by QuickBooks.
- When your internet connection is weak or slow, it creates problems while installing QuickBooks.
- This error can also be caused by a problem with the Windows Registry.
- Removal or modification of essential QB files from the system.
- Malware, viruses and other infections can cause this issue.
- You might not be using the latest QuickBooks version or Windows operating system.
- Windows API keys might be broken.
- Having partial or incomplete QB installation might also bring the QuickBooks connection error 12152 on screen.
Quick Solutions to Resolve Error 12152 In QuickBooks
Now, as you know the causes of QuickBooks error 12152, it’s fairly easy to resolve the error. There are various ways to resolve, let’s understand them in detail-
Solution 1: Set your Computer’s Date and Time
QB Error Code 12152 can be caused by an incorrect date & time. Thus, setting the date & time can help to fix the error. These are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, make sure your computer’s time and date settings are inaccurate.
- If not, move the cursor to the time at the bottom-right corner of your screen. Right-click on it.
- Select the Change date and time option.
- Restart QuickBooks to check if the problem has been fixed.
Solution 2: Check and Verify the Internet Settings
Because the internet connection is the primary cause of QuickBooks Update Error 12152, changing your internet settings may help you resolve the problem. This is how you can do it-
- The first step is to Open the Run prompt box by pressing the keys Window+R on your keyboard.
- Now, type Control Panel in the Search box and hit OK.
- In the search bar, enter Internet Options.
- After this, the Internet property box will appear.
- Now, click on the Advanced tab click on the Restore Advanced Settings and then press OK.
- Wait for sometime, and then restart your system and download QuickBooks update again.
Solution 3: Restore your PC
Restoring your PC is among the proven ways to resolve QuickBooks error message 12152. Follow these steps to restore-
- Let’s start with restarting the PC.
- Log in to the system using your Windows administrator password.
- Next, click on the Start menu.
- In the search field, type System Restore.
- Choose the option to restore my PC to an earlier time in the new window.
- Click Next and choose a location, point, or folder to restore the previous version.
- Choose the most recent restore point from the list.
- To display a confirmation message, click Next again.
- Allow the program to finish the process by clicking Next again.
- Finally, reboot your PC.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks
As mentioned in the causes downloading or installing QuickBooks Software incorrectly can lead to problems such as QuickBooks Error 12152. Reinstalling QuickBooks Software may help solve the problem. Follow the steps to reinstall QuickBooks.
- First of all, uninstall QuickBooks and then reinstall the application again.
- After installation of the software, open it.
- To check for and remove malware, run a full system scan.
- Finally, Click on Repair all Options to fix the issue.
You can also use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to reinstall the application on the system.
- For this, go to the website of Intuit and then download the newest version of QB Tool Hub on the system.
- Then, save this file on the system and install the tool hub by clicking twice on the downloaded file.
- After this, hit on the Installation Issues panel and click the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to run it.
- Then, wait for the tool to run, diagnose, and rectify issues in your program and files.
- Later, you can download and install the QB application on your device and use it error-free.
Solution 5: Changing the file extension using the Registry Editor
QuickBooks connection error code 12152 can be well fixed by changing the file extension using the registry editor. This can be done by-
- Go to the Start menu and type ‘Command’ in the search box.
- You can press and hold the Ctrl and Shift keys simultaneously, then press Enter.
- Now, a User Account dialogue box will appear on the screen. Now you have to click on Yes.
- Now, you should see a black blinking cursor on the screen. To enter the Registry Editor, type ‘Regedit’.
- Select the Enter key, then select the appropriate key associated with QuickBooks Error 12152 in the Registry Editor such as Google Chrome.
- Now, From the File menu, choose Export.
- Create a folder for the IE Backup Key or Google Chrome & name it.
- Finally, Save the file as a .reg file by selecting the Save option.
You may also like: QuickBooks Update Error 12031: Knowing All The Ways To Fix It For Good!
Let Experts Help you to fix QB Error Code 12152!
We hope that the procedures described above will assist you in resolving QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12152. If you still need any help, you must contact our experts at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline number +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: You can restore the latest backup after fixing the error 12152 in the following way:
1. Go to the QuickBooks application and launch it, then to the File Menu.
2. Then, choose the option saying Open or Restore Company File.
3. Lastly, select the backup file you want to restore and proceed ahead.
Ans: You can avoid the payroll update error 12152 in QB by doing the following:
1. Make sure to proceed with the update process with a good and stable internet connection.
2. Do not interrupt the payroll update process in the middle.
3. Ensure enough space on the device to complete the installation process.