QuickBooks error 12007 specifically arises in the desktop version of QB. It occurs while downloading payroll or QBD updates. The major reason for this error is the failure of connection between QBD application and the internet. There can be multiple causes behind it, such as unfavourable internet explorer settings, IE not being the default browser, outdated QuickBooks Desktop application etc. The error message associated with this error is:-
Problem Error 12007: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.
Unable to update your application due to QuickBooks error code 12007? Worry not and reach out to an expert at +1-(855)-955-1942. They can help you out with technical assistance.
Causes And Solutions for QuickBooks Error 12007
QuickBooks error 12007 generally arises because of internet related problems and unfavourable settings for QB. Let’s look at the complete list of reasons and their respective solutions to fix this error:-
Reason 1: Internet Explorer is Damaged
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer in the background to run online services in QB. Damage in your Internet Explorer leads to QuickBooks pro error 12007, preventing the download of payroll and QB updates.
Solution: Repair Internet Explorer
Users need to repair their Internet Explorer application to fix QuickBooks error 12007. Follow the below mentioned steps and after that, try downloading payroll and updates again:-
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard, and the Run command window will open up.
- Type in SFC/scannow in the Run window and tap on the OK button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the File Checker process.
- Reboot your system after the process is done.
Reason 2: Unfavourable Internet Explorer Settings
As mentioned above, QB uses Internet Explorer to run online services. The settings of IE directly affects how QB connects to the internet. Users may witness QuickBooks error message 12007 if the settings of IE are not favorable for QuickBooks.
Solution: Configure Internet Explorer Settings
Users need to go through their Internet Explorer settings and ensure that it is favorable for QuickBooks. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Close QBD on the system and then run Internet Explorer.
- Tap on the Tools button and choose Internet Options from the list.
NOTE: Press Alt button on the keyboard in case you can’t find Tools.
- Go to the Security tab and click on the Globe icon. Ensure that the security level is not more than Medium-High.
- Then go to the Connections tab and choose Never Dial a Connection if you do not use the dial-up node (DUN) on the system and choose the correct ISP if you do.
- Tap on OK and choose LAN settings, ensuring that they automatically detect settings. Check if Use a Proxy server box is clear.
- Note down the complete address and port if Use a Proxy Server is selected.
- Do not untick the Use a Proxy Server option if the port is other than 80.
- Clear the checkbox for testing purposes if the port is 80.
- Then click on OK and go to the Advanced tab.
- Choose Restore Advanced Settings and under the settings option, find Use TLS 1.2 and make sure that it is selected.
- Tap on OK and then close IE. Now reboot your system.
Reason 3: Unsupportive Default Browser
QuickBooks online services are directly affected by the default browser set on your system. Users may run into QuickBooks error code 12007 if the default browser does not support QB.
Solution: Set Internet Explorer as Default Browser
Internet Explorer is the preferred browser by QuickBooks that supports it. These are the steps users need to follow:-
- Run Internet Explorer on your system.
- Tap on the Gear icon present in the upper right corner.
- Choose Internet Options from the list and go to the Programs tab.
- Click on the Make Default button under Default Web Browser.
- Finally tap on OK.
Reason 4: Internet Connection Problems
Users need a strong internet connection to download updates and payroll. QuickBooks pro error 12007 can be due to poor internet connection. It can either be a technical glitch or a problem on the end of the internet provider.
Solution: Check Out Other Websites
Users should check out other websites and make sure that the internet is working fine. If you can’t access other websites too, the problem is with your internet connection. Contact your internet provider and get the issue resolved.
Reason 5: Incorrect Windows Security Settings
Your windows system controls the flow of the internet for applications. Incorrect Internet settings can be a reason for QuickBooks Error Message 12007.
Solution: Configure Windows Firewall, Internet Security and Parental Control
There are multiple things that can restrict the flow of the internet for QuickBooks. You need to make sure that the Windows firewall has a specific port for QB. QuickBooks should not be part of the list that is controlled by parental control.
Reason 6: Outdated QuickBooks
Running an outdated QuickBooks application can be the reason why QuickBooks error 12007 is occurring. You might not be able to download payroll updates as the version of QB you are using is not compatible with the internet.
Solution: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Updating your QuickBooks application is the way to resolve it. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Run QuickBooks in the No Company Open window.
- Tap on the Help tab and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now go to the Update Now menu and tickmark Reset Update box.
- Click on the Get Updates box to start the download process.
- Reboot your system once the download process is over.
- Accept any popup that arises in regards to installing a new release of QuickBooks.
Get Professionals Help!
So this has been all about QuickBooks error 12007. We hope that these solutions allow you to download payroll and updates. You can also try clean installing QuickBooks on selective startup mode if these solutions don’t work. In case none of these solutions work, reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942 and they will guide you on what you need to do.