The View My Paycheck portal in QuickBooks allows users to access their payroll information. This portal contains information about employees’ paychecks and other things. Recently the name of this portal was changed to QuickBooks Workforce; however, the functionality remained the same, i.e, allowing employees to check out paystubs. The users are unable to access their pay stubs and witness an error message saying ‘We weren’t able to show your payroll info’. The reason for this error is faults in browsers or a problem with the account information. The other details about the issue with payroll info are given below in the blog.
Did the error message ‘we weren’t able to show your payroll info workforce’ pop up on your screen while trying to view payroll stubs? Don’t worry and just contact our experts at +1-(855)-955-1942 and get it resolved..
Get Access to Payroll Information using QuickBooks Workforce
The steps to Sign up and register to view payroll information using QuickBooks Workforce are as follows:
- First, send an invite to the employees for QuickBooks Workforce using the invitation link.
- Then, to create the account, they have to accept the invitation sent via email.
- Next, open the browser, and you have to sign in to workforce.intuit.com
- Then, click on the Paycheck menu and see your paycheck.
- Now, you can print your payroll information.
Solutions For ‘We Weren’t able to show your Payroll Info’ Error
There are 5 different courses of action that users can follow when the error message ‘We weren’t able to show your payroll info’ appears on your screen. Few solutions require users to make changes within the application, such as re-inviting your employee and changing the user name. Other solutions require users to make changes within their web browser. These are the steps you need to follow:
Solution 1: Restart Your System
If you run into a workforce error ‘we weren’t able to show your payroll info’ for the first time, it may be due to some recent changes. Restarting your system helps reset unsaved changes on your system. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Press the Windows Start button.
- Click on the Power button and select Shut Down.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks in Private Window Mode
Intuit paystubs ‘we weren’t able to show your payroll info’ error can arise on your system because of an old cache or damaged cookie file. Running QB in incognito window mode ensures that cookies or cache don’t interfere with it. Every web browser has their own shortcut keys, which are as follow:-
- Google Chrome: Press Ctrl + Shift + N
- Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge: Press Ctrl + Shift + P
- Safari: Press Command + Shift + N
If this solution works, we will advise you to go through with the next solutions too.
Read Also – How to Change EFTPS Password In QuickBooks
Solution 3: Clear Cache File from Your System
If the above solution works, we will advise you to remove cache files from your system and then view your payroll stubs as it is a permanent solution for the problem. Click on these links to learn how to remove the cache for these web browsers:-
- Open the History panel from the top-right corner of the Menu option.
- Then, click on the Clear Recent History option.
- Now, in the pop-up window, select the time range to clear and set it to everything.
- Then, from the drop-down menu next to details, checkmark the Cache option.
- After that, hit the Clear Now button. Then, close the Firefox browser and restart it to see if the “We Weren’t Able to Show your Payroll Info” error is resolved.
- Open the Internet Explorer browser and go to the Gear icon.
- Then select Safety and click the Delete Browsing history.
- Now uncheck the box next to the Preserve Favorites Website Data option.
- Then, check the Temporary Internet Files and hit the Delete button.
- Finally, click OK and close IE, and access QB Online again.
- Click on the three dots in the top-right corner that indicate the Menu option. And then select History.
- Then, select the Clear Browsing Data option.
- After that, from the drop-down menu, select the starting time and finally tap on Clear Browsing Data.
- Next, close Chrome and reopen QuickBooks Online and check for the intuit view my paycheck error.
- Open the Safari browser and click on the Preferences tab.
- Then, click the Advanced option on the top of the window.
- Here, in the menu bar, select the Show Develop menu.
- Finally, click on the Develop tool followed by Empty Caches.
- Then close all the opened windows and restart Safari.
Solution 4: Re-Invite Your Employees
Employees witness ‘we weren’t able to show your payroll info’ error when they are removed from the payroll list. These are the steps you need to follow to Reinvite it:-
- Update QuickBooks to the latest release.
- Download the latest tax table.
- Rerun QuickBooks application as administrator.
- Tap on the Employees tab and select Manage Payroll Cloud Services.
- Go to the QuickBooks Workforce section and change the status to ON.
- Click on Invite Employees, select your employees from the list, and add their email addresses.
- Click on Send Invite.
Solution 5: Change Username and Generate a New Intuit Account
You need to make changes to your username to fix this error. Execute the given process:
- Go to https://accounts.intuit.com/index.html page.
- Enter in your existing username and password.
- Now go to the username field and tap on Edit.
- Now enter in the new username, and it should not be a full email address.
- Open the email invite after doing it.
- Now generate an account using a similar email address as username.
These are the solutions users should follow when witnessing the error message ‘we weren’t able to show your payroll info’. Also, ensure that you have a strong internet connection while accessing the online services. If your error is still not resolved, reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline number +1-(855)-955-1942, and they will guide you with further advanced troubleshooting methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, an updated Internet Browser can actually solve a lot of QuickBooks errors. The supported and updated browser can automatically fix issues that arise due to the outdated browser.
Ans: If your employee is either set to inactive or is not associated with the correct payroll schedule, then he/she might not show up in the QuickBooks Payroll. Even if he/she has a termination or release date, then also this scene can happen.
Ans: To get the details of an employee back in the QuickBooks Payroll, follow the given details:
Go to the Employees tab first, followed by Employee Center.
Then, from the drop-down menu over the employees’ names, choose the All Employees tab.
After that, locate the x mark on the left side of the missing employee name and clear the mark.
Then, again from the drop-down menu above the employees’ name section, click on the Active Employees option.