Occasionally, the users of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and even Enterprise can face the QuickBooks crash com error. All the versions of the QB Desktop 2016, 2017, and 2018 get struck by this crash com error. It can occur anytime, like opening an email, sending an invoice or a pay stub, or opening other transactions or reports. Are you also one of them facing the QuickBooks Crash Com error while mailing the invoices? If yes, then no need to worry; we have got a solution for you. This blog will explain everything about the QuickBooks Crash Com Error, including its reasons and troubleshooting solutions.
But, let us first understand the meaning and error message for the QB Crash Com Error.
What is the exact meaning of the QuickBooks Crash Com error?
QuickBooks crash com error is a common error faced by QuickBooks users. Typically, those QuickBooks users who regularly use Office tools, MS Excel, or Web connectors are more likely to encounter this crash com error. The error occurs when the user tries to email the invoices or other transactions.
Once you face this crash com error, your screen may freeze, and you may only be able to click on the OK option given in the error message box. Along with that, it can also end up in you losing the unsaved data in QB that you might be working on simultaneously. Thus, rectifying it as soon as you face becomes extremely important. We will look at the troubleshooting solutions later; first, see when you can face this crash com error.
What are the valid reasons for QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
One of the basic and primary reasons for this crash com error is the failure of QB to sync with the Windows or other Microsoft components. However, the other reasons behind the crash com error in QuickBooks are as follows:
- When the synchronization between QuickBooks and Windows and other components fails.
- The improper installation of QuickBooks accounting software can also trigger this error.
- Mistakenly deletion of the QB-related files.
- The obstructions by firewall or antivirus software can also lead to the crash com error in Quickbooks.
- Sometimes, the damaged windows file can also cause the crashing of the QuickBooks software.
- Missing Windows or QuickBooks components can also be a reason for a crash com error.
- If the communication between the client or email service and QuickBooks fails, then also the crash com error in QuickBooks may appear.
When can you face the Crash Com error in QuickBooks?
Before deploying any solution, you should first know the instances where you can face the QB crash com error. No matter what task you were doing in the QuickBooks application when the error emerged, the troubleshooting will be the same for all the instances.
- You may face the crash com error while opening any report in QuickBooks.
- The error may also appear while saving something in QB.
- While emailing or opening the invoices, you may also face this error.
- It can also occur when you are opening the check register.
- You may also stumble upon the crash com error while attaching any document in QuickBooks.
- Even it can appear on the screen while sending payments from QuickBooks.com.
- Also, you may face it even when accessing payments through QuickBooks.
Know Also- How to Setup Quickbooks ACH Payments
Troubleshooting Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Crash Com Error
Since the QuickBooks Crash com error occurs mainly due to miscommunication with the windows and Microsoft components. Thus, to troubleshoot the error, we will first repair these components and then follow the other troubleshooting steps if the error persists. However, the additional troubleshooting steps will also be related to the email components. Let us look at the solutions you can use to fix this crash com error.
Solution 1: Repairing Windows & Microsoft Office to fix the QuickBooks Crash Com Error
To repair the Windows & Microsoft Office components, follow the below-given steps:
- First, start with the repair for the MS office. It will remove the unresponsive components required for QuickBooks communication eradicating the error.
- Then update the QB application to the latest version and restart your computer.
- Next, you also need to update Windows to the latest version.
- After that, you can also locate and remove the applications installed on your system. These applications might be hindering QuickBooks’ communication with the email client.
If the crash com error still appears while sending emails, move on to the next given solutions.
Solution 2: Toggle your mail settings to fix the QuickBooks Crash Com Error
- To start with this, go to the Control panel and move to the User account.
- Then select the Mail option and then click on Microsoft Outlook.
- After that, go to the Profile section and click on the Show profile option.
- Then, here, you have to select the Outlook option.
- Here, if you see that the Always use this profile option is selected, then make sure that the Prompt for a profile to be used option is also selected, and after that, hit the Apply button.
- Now, you need to pick the option to Always use this profile.
- And lastly, click on the Apply button before pressing the OK button.
Solution 3: Set Microsoft Outlook as a default Mail App.
To begin with the troubleshooting steps, you have to first set Microsoft Outlook as the default mail application on your system.
- Visit the Control Panel and then go to the Default Program and then choose the Set Default Program option.
- There, you need to choose the MS Outlook option.
- Lastly, click OK to set it as the default program.
Solution 4: Try to Add an Email Account to Microsoft Outlook
- At the start, head to the File menu in Microsoft Outlook.
- Then, you need to choose the Info option. And after that, click on Add Account option and begin with the setup process.
- Then, subsequently, enter the Email address you want to add and then hit on the Next button.
- After that, you need to wait till Microsoft Outlook picks the server up before clicking Connect.
- Then, type in the password for the account and then press OK.
- Finally, you need to click on OK and end the setup process.
If your QuickBooks software is unable to detect MS Outlook automatically, try to implement the below-given steps to check if it is in one of the email options.
- First, open the QB application and then go to the Edit option, followed by the Preferences.
- Then, choose the option to Send Forms from the bottom left corner.
- Lastly, you need to choose the My Preferences option.
Note: Here, you need to remember one thing, if you are not able to find Microsoft Outlook, then you will have to restart your system and repair your QuickBooks desktop. You might also have to create a new Windows user profile
Solution 5: Create a new Microsoft Outlook email profile
- Firstly, close the Microsoft Outlook application and then go to the following steps.
- Now, head to the Control Panel and from there to the User Account option.
- Then, you need to select the Mail option there.
- After that, in the mail setup window, select the option to Show profiles, followed by the Add option.
- Here, you need to provide your name in the Profile name field and then press OK.
- After that, to Add an email account, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Lastly, to end the process, choose the Apply option, then click on OK.
Note: It is important to note that, with the above giving steps for creating the new profile, your existing Outlook profile does not get deleted.
Solution 6: Add a new window admin user to fix the QuickBooks Crash Com Error.
Sometimes, when the above-mentioned steps do not work for you, you need to add a new windows admin user to fix the crash com error. The process involves the following steps:
- Firstly, to create a Windows user with admin privileges, go to the Windows Start button.
- Then, from there, scroll down to the All Programs option.
- Here, open a Windows small business server and then opt for Windows SBS Console.
- Then proceed ahead and click on the Users and Groups and then select the Add a new user account option.
- In the next step, fill out the complete user info and then follow the instructions on the Add a new user account wizard.
- When done, choose the Finish option.
- Then, log on to Windows with the new user credentials.
- Lastly, re-open the QuickBooks software.
Know Also – How to Resolve QuickBooks Balance Sheet Out Of Balance Issue.
Solution 7: Update Microsoft Outlook to fix the QuickBooks Crash Com Error.
- Firstly, go to the File menu in Microsoft Outlook.
- Then, pick the office account you want to use and choose the Update Preferences.
- Finally, choose the Update now option.
Solution 8: Update QuickBooks to the latest version to fix the QuickBooks Crash Com Error.
- To begin the process, go to the Help menu of QB and Choose the Update QuickBooks option.
- After that, go to the Update now option. It is always wise to choose the Reset updates checkbox to clear all the previous downloads before proceeding to update.
- Now, click on the Get updates option to start the download process.
- In the next step, Restart your QuickBooks once the download gets finished.
- Lastly, accept the option to Install the latest release and end the process.
Solution 9: Run QuickBooks in compatibility mode to fix the QuickBooks Crash Com Error.
- First, click right on the QuickBooks desktop icon and then select the Properties option.
- Then, select the option to Run this program in the compatibility mode.
- After that, from the drop-down menu, select the Windows 7 option.
- Then, again, click on the checkbox stating run this program as an Administrator.
- Lastly, to conclude the solution, select the Apply option, followed by hitting the OK button.
Solution 10: Configure Quickbooks in Firewall and Security Exceptions to fix the QuickBooks Crash Com Error.
- First, you need to Add a QuickBooks firewall exception to the Quickbooks communication funnel.
- Then, you have to configure the QuickBooks process and port exceptions in the system security software. Follow the given instructions from the user manual to complete this step.
- After that, you have to restart your PC to confirm the settings you recently changed.
- In the end, you have to access the other report or a form and try to mail it. Check if the QuickBooks Crash Com error still lingers, then try the other troubleshooting steps.
Solution 11: QuickBooks desktop and company file fine-tuning to fix the QuickBooks Crash Com Error.
- For this method, you need to first open and update the QB to its latest version if you have not done it in Solution 8.
- You can also attempt to Update QuickBooks manually, and check if any update error pops up.
- After that, you need to open and verify the QB company file and check the integrity of the company file data.
- Then, open the item on which you faced the QuickBooks crash com error.
- After that, you are expected to open some other reports or forms and email them to check if the issue continues.
The Final Note!!
You can also use the QuickBooks Desktop to connect with email services or clients. For this, go to the emailing Service/client settings menu, and grant third-party application permission. However, if you are using a Non-legacy email application, you have to stay in contact with the programmers to gather Port data and other QuickBooks-related details. These solutions can be a bit tacky for you. So, if you are facing any technical difficulty in fixing the QuickBooks Crash Com error, then contact our QuickBooks support team. Call us at toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Crash com error in QuickBooks can occur due to the outdated Outlook application. Thus, to resolve this, you have to update your Outlook. For this, open Outlook and hit on the File menu. Then choose the Office Account and click on the Update option.
You can fix the QuickBooks Crash Com error by fixing the email setting in the system as well as QuickBooks. You can also set Outlook as the default email app and can also set up a new account for Outlook.