Have you ever considered what would happen if you were unable to use the new QB Application updates? To avail the latest features of the QuickBooks application, you need to update your QB application and payroll every once in a while. Sometimes users are unable to update their application or payroll due to QuickBooks error 15276.
QuickBooks Error 15276 generally occurs in your application when one of the files you are trying to update is already in use.
There are two different error messages that can appear on your screen based on whether you were updating your application or payroll:
Error 15276: The payroll update did not complete successfully. One of the files to be updated was in use and could not be replaced.
Error 15276: The update did not complete successfully. One of the files to be updated was in use and could not be replaced.
Are you unable to resolve QuickBooks error 15276 with the solutions available online? Simply reach out to an expert at +1(855)-955-1942 and they will guide you step by step.
Things To Do Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 15276
Before you follow the process to fix QuickBooks error 15276, the things you need to consider is creating a backup and verifying your payroll subscription.
Few of these troubleshooting steps will bring in a permanent change in your company file and thus it is important that you keep a copy of your data safe in the condition it is already in. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Run your QuickBooks desktop application.
- Go to the File menu and select Backup Company.
- Then click on Create Local backup.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions and save the backup where it is easily accessible.
Verify your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
It is very important to have an active payroll subscription in order to update your payroll. If you are unaware about the status of your subscription, just follow these steps:-
- Go to the Employees tab and click on My Payroll Service.
- Tap on Manage Service Key and to check the status of your service key, you need to click View button.
- It should say Active. If it says Not Active you need to click on Add and then enter the service key you received on your email.
- Finally click on OK and rerun your application.
Causes and Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error Code 15276
There are a variety of reasons such as file damage, installation error, insufficient permission and unfavorable internet settings that can possibly lead to QuickBooks error code 15276. If you know the cause of this error in your system, just jump on the related solution, but if you don’t know what is leading to it, just follow these solutions one by one:
Reason 1: A Part Of Your QuickBooks File is Damaged
Many times data damage or a part of your file damage lead to Error 15276 while trying to update payroll. It can be caused because of a malware attack/Trojan or an important file got deleted by mistake.
Solution: Run Quick Fix My Program from QuickBooks ToolHub
QuickFix My Program, which you can get in QuickBooks ToolHub, will fix any little damage in your company file. To download QuickBooks ToolHub and run QuickFix my Program, follow these steps:
- Close your QuickBooks application.
- Go to the Intuit website and download the latest QuickBooks tool hub file. Save the file where it is easy to access.
NOTE: If you already have QuickBooks tool hub on your system, check the version you already have on your system by clicking on the Home tab and updating it if required.
- Run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file that you downloaded.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the application. Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double click on QuickBooks Tool Hub application once the installation process is finished.
- Tap on the Program Problems option.
- Choose Quick Fix my Program.
- Once the fixing process is done, run the QuickBooks Desktop application and open your company data file.
- Now download the latest payroll tax table and then complete the task you were doing when this error arose.
Reason 2: QuickBooks Application Installation Issues
Incomplete installation of QuickBooks application might be the reason for QuickBooks payroll update error 15276. Absence of few files can affect few features of the application, although rest of it may run smooth.
Solution: QuickBooks must be installed in Selective Startup Mode
Maybe a few files could not be installed properly because a different application was obstructing the process. Installing QuickBooks in selective startup mode will ensure that no other applications interfere and all the files are properly installed.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard and the Run command window will open.
- Type msconfig and then tap on OK.
- From General tab and choose Selective Startup and Load system services.
- Go to the Services menu and tick Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Now tap on Disable all.
- Now unmark Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Ensure that Windows Installer box must be selected from the list of services.
- Click on OK.
- Now Restart your system
- Clean install QuickBooks application.
- Now press Windows+R and open the Run command window.
- Type msconfig and click on OK.
- Go to the General tab to select Normal Startup.
- Click on OK.
- Now restart your system.
Reason 3: Insufficient Permission for QuickBooks Application
If you haven’t granted enough permission to your QuickBooks application, you might not be able to update your application.
Solution: Run QuickBooks Application as Administrator
You may fix QuickBooks Error 15276 by running your QuickBooks application as administrator, which will allow you the necessary permissions.
To do so, go through the steps below:
- Close QuickBooks application.
- Right-click on QuickBooks icon and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab.
- Tap on the advanced button on your screen.
- Tickmark the box beside Run as Administrator.
- Click on OK twice.
- Now run your QuickBooks application.
- Try updating your application and downloading payroll updates.
Allow Experts to help you fix QuickBooks Error 15276!
We will advise you to run QuickFix my program on a regular interval so that you don’t run into QB Payroll Error 15276. If your error is still not resolved after following above mentioned solutions, just reach out to an experts at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline number +1(855)-955-1942 for instant resolution.