QuickBooks is a very essential Tool for all small and big businesses and thus running into an error can hamper productivity. QuickBooks error 1321 is one such error that can stop your overall task. It mainly appears when the installer is unable to write a file due to a permission issue or system failure. When this error occurs, the following error message will pop up on your screen:
"Error 1321: the Installer has insufficient privileges QuickBooks"
Why does QuickBooks Error Code 1321 Appear?
QuickBooks Desktop Error 1321 occurs generally when you are installing the company file. It appears because ‘the installer has insufficient privileges to modify the company file. There can be multiple reasons why this error occurs and one of these messages appear on your screen-
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
- The installer does not have sufficient permissions to change the file.
- The installer does not have the necessary permissions to change the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale X.0\dataimporter.exe
Note: The messages on your screen will change in case you press ‘Retry’ and your update will also fail.
Reasons Behind ‘QuickBooks Error 1321 the Installer has Insufficient’
While the major reason for QuickBooks Enterprise Error 1321 is insufficient privileges to the installer, there are a variety of sub reasons which cause it. They are as follows-
- Maybe The file update process is faster than the file copy process.
- QuickBooks is incompatible with or blocked by your antivirus or security software.
- Access to the folder containing the file is restricted by Windows permissions.
- The file mentioned in the error code is currently in use or has been damaged.
What are the Troubleshooting Solutions for QuickBooks Error 1321?
As Error 1321 is caused by insufficient privileges to the QuickBooks installer, there are variety of solutions to change it. Follow these methods to fix the error-
Method 1: QBInstall Tools Hub should be downloaded and Run a QBinstall Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Tool Hub can assist you in resolving common QuickBooks errors that occur while using the software.
- Close down QuickBooks and any other background apps.
- Save the QuickBooks Tool Hub file to your computer.
- Open the tool after it has been successfully downloaded.
- Install by following the on-screen instructions and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
- The Tool will create an icon on your Desktop Menu once it has been successfully installed on your system. To use this tool, double-click on the icon.
Note: If you can’t find the icon on your computer, look for QuickBooks Tool Hub in Windows and Select the Program.
- Select the Installation Issues Tab in the Tool Hub now.
- Here, Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Simply Reboot your System once the Tool has completed the scan.
Method 2: Disable Anti-virus for a while and Reinstall QuickBooks
Anti-virus at times cause an error 1321 insufficient privileges QuickBooks and turning it off can help in fixing it-
- Disable your antivirus or security software for the time being. For assistance with this process, go to the software vendor’s website or another support option.
- Install QuickBooks or Update your Software.
- Activate your antivirus or security software once more.
Note: It is not recommended to disable antivirus software while connected to the Internet via a persistent connection such as DSL or cable. Before disabling antivirus software, disconnect the computer from the Internet. Before reconnecting to the Internet, re-enable the antivirus software once you’ve completed these steps.
Method 3- Create a new Administrator Account in Windows
Try making new windows admin user account as it might fix your error issues. Follow the steps below in order to do so-
- Open the Control panel from Start Menu and then Click on Select User/Account
- Then Press on Create a new user and then name it
- Select it as an administrator
- Finally login into new account
- Now try to install QuickBooks and see if it still reflects the error or not
Method 4- Changing the Permission for the Windows Folder
- To open the Run Box, Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- In the Open field, type the path to the folder containing the QuickBooks program files and press Enter:
32-bit versions of Windows (10, 8, 7)
- Desktop Enterprise
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 20.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 19.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
- Pro and Premier
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
- Point of Sale
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0
64-bit versions of Windows (10, 8, 7)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 20.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 19.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 18.0
Pro and Premier
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2019
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2018
Point of Sale
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 12.0
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale 11.0
- Select View > Customize this folder in the new window.
- Go to the Security tab in the Properties window.
- Click Administrators on the Security Tab.
- Next to Full Control, Go to Allow checkbox.
- Select the SYSTEM user from the Security Tab.
- Next to Full Control, Select the Allow checkbox.
- To Close the Properties window, Click OK.
- Install QuickBooks on your computer.
Method 5: Update Insufficient User Privileges
During the QuickBooks installation process, users may see an information dialogue box with error codes and messages. They can look at the messages below. The error may appear during the installation process. AcrobatConnect.cfg, for example, displays an error message on the screen.
- Error 1321 in QuickBooks Desktop. The Installer does not have sufficient permissions to change the file. C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. InstallValidate action ended at 11:21:48.
- The privileges for the folder specified in the error message, for example: \Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg.
Professionals using Windows XP:
When you first start the program, you should be able to see the hidden files/folders in the operating system, which will easily disable file-sharing. Simple file sharing on the Microsoft support website is required to view the hidden files and folders that appear.
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys.
- Go to the parent folder of the error message.
- Select the parent folder by right-clicking it.
- Select the properties tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Security tab.
- For the group or user names, choose administrators.
If you’re using Windows XP, follow these instructions:
- The user of Windows XP must shut down the computer and restart it after a few seconds.
- When the Windows logo appears, press the F8 key.
- After that, go to the safe mode with the networking icon and press enter.
- Users of Windows XP Professional must follow the prompts to update their user privileges, then restart the computer and install QuickBooks.
- From the group or user names tab, select the system icon. To give the system permission, select full control.
- Press Advanced icon
- Replace all permission entries on child objects with entries from this list that apply to children.
- Close the Properties window and Select the OK tab. You’re now ready to Go.
Get Experts Help!
These are the solutions that can help you solve QuickBooks Error 1321. If your issues still persist, you can reach out to our experts who will guide you with all possible solutions. Contact us for any assistance you need by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.