Any situation could influence the QuickBooks user to start over with a new QuickBooks Online company. If you’re using QuickBooks online for the first time, you can simply start over. If you are already using QuickBooks then create a new company. These circumstances might occur due to any glitch or confusion in your company file accounts. In this article, you will find 2 conditions in which you can Delete QuickBooks Online Data And Start From Scratch.
Wondering How to Wipe QuickBooks online data? Well, if that’s the query, we would suggest you to get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1-(855)-955-1942.
Certain Things You need to Consider Before You Delete Specific Customer and Restart it in QBO
You need to remember that this process will delete all of your company data, so you need to be absolutely sure that you want to go ahead and delete it. As it would be nearly impossible for you to recover the data back. So, here are a few things that you need to keep in mind:
- These steps will delete all your data for a QuickBooks Online company. However, if you want to delete all your Intuit data, you can carry out some different steps.
- Remember, this process does not cancel out your QB Online subscription, so there is no need to worry about it.
- If you have any third-party application or bank connected to QuickBooks online, deleting the QB Online data would permanently damage and delete these connections for your company.
- You can still reuse these current lists after starting over.
Process To Delete QuickBooks Online Data And Start From Scratch
Here, we have mentioned the two conditions under which you would be able to clear your company’s account:
- If your books are 60 days old or older
- If your books are less than 60 days old
The above mentioned conditions will decide whether you will be able to delete QuickBooks Online data and start from scratch or will have to cancel your subscription.
Condition 1: QuickBooks Data Older than 60 Days
If you’re using a QuickBooks account that has been active for more than 60 days, then, QuickBooks may not allow you to wipe it due to security reasons. Though, if you still need to clear your account then the best you can do is cancel your current subscription. Once you do that, your data won’t be deleted, but you’ll need to start a new company too. Follow the below-given steps to Delete company from QuickBooks online:
Step 1: Discard your Current Account
- Click on Settings and Go to Account and settings.
- Now, navigate to Billing and subscription tab to Cancel subscription.
- Follow the steps that appear on your screen to cancel the account.
Note: If you’re someone who uses payroll, then, you must cancel your payroll account too.
Step 2: Create a New Company
- Go to https://quickbooks.intuit.com/choose-country/.
- Enter your user ID and password. Also, the same user ID and password can be used that you used before.
- Additionally, sign up for payroll again in the Payroll menu in case you are using payroll.
Condition 2: Company Data is Less than 60 days Old
If you’re somebody who has just registered his account or if your account is less than 2 months old, then you can proceed with the steps mentioned below. These instructions, however, are only applicable to QuickBooks Essentials, Plus, and Advanced users. If you utilize QuickBooks Simple Form, you should cancel and start a new company by following the steps outlined above. You should be aware that deleting your QuickBooks Online data and starting again will not terminate your QuickBooks or payroll subscriptions. However, you will have to reenter any employee or historical information that you want to retain.
IMPORTANT: You shouldn’t follow the below-given steps if you are using QuickBooks Online Accountant. It will cause damage to your account that you won’t be able to recover. What else you can do is import a blank QuickBooks Desktop file to start over.
- Firstly, sign in to your QuickBooks Online account by clicking Here.
- Change the URL to include /purgecompany.
For Example: URL shows https://qbo.intuit.com/app/homepage, change to: https://qbo.intuit.com/app/purgecompany.
- A summary of the items that should be deleted is given below:
- Enter “YES” once the data gets deleted, then, Tap OK.
- Once your selections gets completed, Select Wipe Data.
- Once the deletion is complete, you will be rerouted to your home page.
NOTE: If you have banks or other third-party apps connected, purging your company can permanently damage these connections for this company.
Alternate Way to Manage or Delete Specific Customer and Restart it in QBO
Since deleting the customer name would remove the customer permanently from QuickBooks. An alternative to this is to hide the customer name and manage it on the files.
You can also merge any related or identical names to organize them.
Steps to Hide a Customer Name
- Click on the Customer Center at the top of the QB window.
- Then, click on the Customers & Jobs option on the left side of your window.
- Click twice on the name of the customer whom you wish to hide.
- Lastly, select the Customer is Inactive option in the Edit window and click OK.
Steps to Merge Customer Names
- Click on the Customer Center in QuickBooks and click on Customer and Jobs.
- Now, double-click on the customer name you want to remove.
- Then, click on the customer name to the name you want to use in the Edit window.
- Lastly, click OK and Yes to merge the customer names.
Steps to Delete a Customer Name
- Start the QB application and click on the Customer Center and Customers & Jobs.
- Then, click on the customer name you want to remove, and click Edit.
- Then, choose the option Delete Customer: Job to remove the customer from QuickBooks. And repeat the process for every customer you want to delete.
Contact Professionals to Wipe QuickBooks Online Data!
Hope this blog has helped you find the solution you were looking for. If you are still in search of an alternative that can help you delete QuickBooks online data and start from scratch, then get in touch with our experts instantly by dialing QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you have performed the steps to reset, it will delete your QuickBooks Online file. So, before you reset your file, you can also export your data, reports, lists, and more from QuickBooks Online.
Once you have turned on the Multicurrency option, it is not possible to turn it off. However, if you reset your QBO file, then the multicurrency option will be automatically disabled.