Being a QuickBooks user, you must be using it to send your invoices as well. However, sometimes, you might be unable to send invoices in QuickBooks due to several reasons such as damaged QB installation or incorrect email settings. Additionally, you may receive an error message saying, “QuickBooks is unable to send your emails” or Error: QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook.” It surely can get frustrating as it can put a lot of your tasks on hold. Thus, you need to fix it at the earliest. To do so, you must proceed with the troubleshooting solutions mentioned ahead. But before that, you must be aware of all the possible reasons why your QuickBooks Won’t send email invoices.
What Are The Causes Behind QB Email Won’t Send Invoices Error?
Here, we have mentioned some of the possible reasons why you’re Unable to Send Invoices in QuickBooks Desktop. It could be any of the following:
- You wouldn’t have set the email preference correctly.
- A Damaged QuickBooks installation is another reason behind email won’t send invoices error.
- There might be a possibility that the domain admin was blocked.
- You can’t email invoices from QuickBooks due to account security settings from your email provider.
- QuickBooks might be running as an administrator.
- One possible reason that makes you Unable to Send Email Invoices in QuickBooks Desktop is your antivirus software exceptions. Your antivirus software may accidentally block the connection.
- Delete the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
Important Things To Check Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Not Emailing Invoices Issue
Here are some pre-considerations that you must follow before troubleshooting QB email issues:
- Checking internet connectivity issues.
- Checking the Firewall or antivirus settings.
- Verifying the email service provider issues.
- Checking the invoices and emails in the spam filters.
Solutions To Fix Unable To Send Invoices In QuickBooks Desktop Issue
Here, we have listed some of the troubleshooting methods that may help you fix the unable to send invoices in QuickBooks error. Before you proceed with the below-given steps, check your email settings. For that, open your online email service and review the settings and preferences. It might display some features that are blocking your application from connecting.
Solution 1: Update Your QuickBooks Desktop Application
QuickBooks periodically provides maintenance releases and software updates to fix emailing concerns, add features and enhancements, and update compliance information. There might be a possibility that your QuickBooks application is not a new enough version to support this feature as the QuickBooks versions that work with secure webmail like AOL, including QuickBooks 2019, and 2020. Thus, you must update the QuickBooks desktop application as per its latest version.
- Go to the Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the Options tab, click Mark All, then Save.
- Now, go to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update box, then select Get Updates.
Solution 2: Ensure that QuickBooks isn’t Running as an Administrator
To help fix this, you must ensure that QuickBooks isn’t running as an administrator. Here’s how:
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Properties.
- Now, go to the Compatibility Tab.
- Unmark the Run this program as Administrator option. If it’s grayed out, then first select the “Show Settings for All Users“.
- Click OK.
- At last, close and restart the program.
Solution 3: Make Changes in Email Preferences in QuickBooks
- Go to the Edit menu in QuickBooks, and Click on Preferences [Open and sign in to Outlook, If you are using Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server].
- From the menu, Select Send Forms and click on My Preferences Tab.
- Now you have to Select Outlook.
- Click on OK and Send a test email from QuickBooks.
If error still persists, then follow the next steps-
- Go to the Edit Menu to Select Preferences.
- From the menu, click on send forms.
- Moving further, Go to My Preferences tab.
- Click on QuickBooks E-mail, and then OK. This will toggle your preference off.
- Now you have to Repeat all the steps and return to the My Preferences tab and click on Outlook, select OK.
- After that Close the QuickBooks Application along with all the other open programs.
- At last, Restart your system.
Solution 4: Ensure to set up the server information for your Comcast email
Sometimes, setting up the server information for your Comcast email can help you fix being unable to send invoices in the QuickBooks issue. For doing so, you may follow the below steps:
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences followed by Send Forms.
- Now, click the My Preferences tab.
- Under Send email using the section, choose WebMail.
- Click on Add and enter your Email ID.
- Then, select Others as your Email Provider.
- Enter smtp.comcast.net as the Server Name and 587 as the Port.
- Lastly, click OK.
Solution 5: Check Your System’s Antivirus Settings
There might be some antivirus settings that may be blocking the connection as well. Depending on the antivirus you’re using, make sure to allow port exceptions and add these names to the list so they can run freely:
- QBW32.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBW32.exe
- QBDBMGRN.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgrN.exe
- QBDBMGR.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgr.exe
Solution 6: Send a Test Mail in MS Word and Repair your MAPI32.dll
- First, Restart your system and Open Microsoft Word.
- Now, Create a new document.
- Go to File menu > send
- At last, click on Email as PDF Attachment.
Now, you have to send a test email. Contact Microsoft Help and Support, In case you are unable to send an email from Microsoft Word.
Note: If mail is sent from MS word and unable to send an email in QuickBooks only, then follow the steps to get your MAPI32.dll Repaired:
- Make sure you have closed all the Programs.
- Now, Open the Windows Start Menu and Type “File Explorer” in the search bar and Open File Explorer.
- In the search box, Type C:\Windows\System32.
- Look for Fixmapi.exe and open it. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to run the repair.
- Restart your system, When the repair gets finished.
Now, Open the QuickBooks Application, and send a test email. You can move on to the next step, if you still see the error.
Solution 7: Run the Install Diagnostic Tool for QuickBooks Desktop
Sometimes the email issues in QuickBooks can appear because of some component damage in the application installation. So, you need to fix any installation damage in the QuickBooks application using the QB Install Diagnostic Tool. The steps to identify and resolve the component issues using the tool are as follows:
- First, you need to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on the system.
- Then, you need to save the downloaded file to the local Desktop when prompted.
- After that, close all the programs running in the background and then run the Install Tool.
- The tool may take around 20 minutes to complete the installation, depending on your internet connection speed and your system’s performance.
- And when the installation gets completed, restart the computer and run the tool to identify and resolve the component issues.
Get Expert Help!
We hope the above-listed troubleshooting methods would have helped you fix the error of being unable to send invoices in QuickBooks without much trouble. However, if you are still having problems emailing invoices and statements from QuickBooks, then we would suggest you to get in touch with our experts. Reach us by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942. Our support team is available round the clock at your assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans: You can email a report from QB desktop using the following steps:
1. Login to the QB account and go to the Customer menu tab.
2. Then, you need to click on the Create the Statements option.
3. Now, in the new window, enter your custom Statement Period form.
4. Choose the appropriate customer for the statement and click on Preview.
5. Lastly, hit the Send button to send the statement report to your customer.
Ans: Your customers are not receiving invoices from QuickBooks because you might be having some email delivery issues, their email addresses are incorrect, or the invoices you sent are marked as spam. You can ask your customers to check their spam or junk folders and make sure you are using the correct recipient information.
Ans: Yes, damaged QB installation can also restrict you from sending emails or invoices. However, you can fix these damaged component issues using the QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
Ans: If you are not able to send emails from a specific email account in QuickBooks, then check if your QB has not blocked your domain admin. And afterward, to fix the QuickBooks email invoices not working issue, you can ensure that QB is not running as an administrator and update your QB application.
Ans: Yes, every email address from QB online account is unique and can have its own preferences. However, the default mail preferences set for everyone can work in most cases.