Being a QuickBooks user, you must be using it to send your invoices as well. However, sometimes, you might be unable to send invoices in QuickBooks due to several reasons such as damaged QB installation or incorrect email settings. It surely can get frustrating as it can put a lot of your tasks on hold. Thus, you need to fix it at the earliest. For doing so, you must proceed with the troubleshooting solutions mentioned ahead. But before that, you must be aware of all the possible reasons that make QuickBooks unable to send invoices.
What Are The Causes Behind QB Email Won’t Send Invoices Error?
Here, we have mentioned some of the possible reasons due to which you’re unable to send invoices in QuickBooks. It could be any of the following:
- You wouldn’t have set the email preference correctly.
- Damaged QuickBooks installation is another reason behind email won’t send invoices error.
- There might be a possibility that the domain admin was blocked.
- You can’t email invoices from QuickBooks due to account security settings from your email provider.
- QuickBooks might be running as an administrator.
- One possible reason that makes you unable to send invoices in QuickBooks is your antivirus software exceptions. Your antivirus software may accidentally block the connection.
- Delete the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
Solutions To Fix Unable To Send Invoices In QuickBooks Desktop Issue
Here, we have listed some of the troubleshooting methods that may help you fix the unable to send invoices in QuickBooks error. Before you proceed with the below-given steps, check your email settings. For that, open your online email service and review the settings and preferences. It might display some features that are blocking your application to connect.
Solution 1: Update Your QuickBooks Desktop Application
QuickBooks periodically provides maintenance releases and software updates to fix emailing concerns, add features and enhancements, and update compliance information. There might be a possibility that your QuickBooks application is not a new enough version to support this feature as the QuickBooks versions that work with secure webmail like AOL, including QuickBooks 2019, and 2020. Thus, you must update the QuickBooks desktop application as per its latest version.
- Go to the Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the Options tab, click Mark All, then Save.
- Now, go to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update box, then select Get Updates.
Solution 2: Ensure that QuickBooks isn’t Running as an Administrator
To help fix this, you must ensure that QuickBooks isn’t running as an administrator. Here’s how:
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Properties.
- Now, go to the Compatibility Tab.
- Unmark the Run this program as Administrator option. If it’s grayed out, then first select the “Show Settings for All Users“.
- Click OK.
- At last, close and restart the program.
Solution 3: Make Changes in Email Preferences in QuickBooks
- Go to the Edit menu in QuickBooks, and Click on Preferences [Open and sign in to Outlook, If you are using Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server].
- From the menu, Select Send Forms and click on My Preferences Tab.
- Now you have to Select Outlook.
- Click on OK and Send a test email from QuickBooks.
If error still persists, then follow the next steps-
- Go to the Edit Menu to Select Preferences.
- From the menu, click on send forms.
- Moving further, Go to My Preferences tab.
- Click on QuickBooks E-mail, and then OK. This will toggle your preference off.
- Now you have to Repeat all the steps and return to the My Preferences tab and click on Outlook, select OK.
- After that Close the QuickBooks Application along with all the other open programs.
- At last, Restart your system.
Solution 4: Ensure to set up the server information for your Comcast email
Sometimes, setting up the server information for your Comcast email can help you fix being unable to send invoices in the QuickBooks issue. For doing so, you may follow the below steps:
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences followed by Send Forms.
- Now, click the My Preferences tab.
- Under Send email using the section, choose WebMail.
- Click on Add and enter your Email ID.
- Then, select Others as your Email Provider.
- Enter smtp.comcast.net as the Server Name and 587 as the Port.
- Lastly, click OK.
Solution 5: Check Your System’s Antivirus Settings
There might be some antivirus settings that may be blocking the connection as well. Depending on the antivirus you’re using, make sure to allow port exceptions and add these names to the list so they can run freely:
- QBW32.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBW32.exe
- QBDBMGRN.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgrN.exe
- QBDBMGR.exe – C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]\QBDBMgr.exe
Solution 6: Send a Test Mail in MS Word and Repair your MAPI32.dll
- First, Restart your system and Open Microsoft Word.
- Now, Create a new document.
- Go to File menu > send
- At last, click on Email as PDF Attachment.
Now, you have to send a test email. Contact Microsoft Help and Support, In case you are unable to send an email from Microsoft Word.
Note: If mail is sent from MS word and unable to send an email in QuickBooks only, then follow the steps to get your MAPI32.dll Repaired:
- Make sure you have closed all the Programs.
- Now, Open the Windows Start Menu and Type “File Explorer” in the search bar and Open File Explorer.
- In the search box, Type C:\Windows\System32.
- Look for Fixmapi.exe and open it. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to run the repair.
- Restart your system, When the repair gets finished.
Now, Open the QuickBooks Application, and send a test email. You can move on to the next step, if you still see the error.
Get Expert Help!
We hope the above-listed troubleshooting methods would have helped you fix the error of being unable to send invoices in QuickBooks without much trouble. However, if you are still having problems emailing invoices and statements from QuickBooks, then we would suggest you to get in touch with our experts. Reach us by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942. Our support team is available round the clock at your assistance.