Stuck over the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a? Well, no worries; it is a common error code in QB. It appears when the users, by mistake, install a corrupted version of the software. It may also corrupt your vital data. Thus, you need to rectify it as early as possible. In this blog, we have given you a list of solutions that you can opt for and resolve this error code 80029c4a. Follow the complete article for the solutions.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a is a runtime error code that appears on the screen due to a corrupted software version. It is also known as the Error loading type library/DLL. These DLL errors occur when the system of any application is set up or when you use any specific program. The error 80029c4a, however, pops up on the screen while launching the application. The error message for the error code 80029c4a may pop up on the screen in two different ways.
Error Code 80029c4a
Description: Error loading type library / DLL
There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with the company file.
Error type: 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL).
QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem.
Signs to identify the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
The initial step to rectify any error is to identify its presence in the system. The common signs to identify the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a are given below:
- The error messages showing the error code 80029c4a appear on the screen during the software installation.
- Windows runs sluggish or crashes frequently.
- The system freezes and even collapses frequently from time to time.
- The response of the system to the inputs of the keyboard and mouse gets very slow.
Reasons that trigger QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
As discussed above, the main reason that instigates the QuickBooks Error Code 80039c4a is the defective or corruptive installation of the software. However, there can be several other reasons that can cause you to bump into this error. These reasons are as follows:
- Your QB system files might get corrupted.
- The QB application that you downloaded might be corrupted or is not correctly installed on your system.
- The Microsoft Windows Registry might have got corrupted because of the recent QB-related software modifications.
- There might be a virus or malware infection on your system.
- You might have deleted the QB-related files by mistake.
- There might be some other issue with the windows registry.
- The QuickBooks component may have failed to start, or the DLL file may be corrupted or missing.
- Your windows may have startup or shutdown during the installation of the Windows OS.
- Any antivirus software installed on the system may have marked the QuickBooks Desktop file as a security threat.
- Any third-party software may have accidentally detected the QuickBooks Pro-related files.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Though the simple and common methods to fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a error are given along with the error code in the error message description. However, these sometimes may not solve your issue of error code 80029c4a. That is why we have got detailed solutions for you; follow these step-by-step solutions one by one to fix this error.
Method 1: Update Your QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Version
- To start the method of troubleshooting, first, go to the File menu and then tap on Close Company or log off.
- Then, you need to hit on the File followed by the Exit button.
- After that, you need to ensure that you are using the system as Admin.
- Also, ensure that there is No company file open on the system.
- Then, you have to head to the Help menu and then opt for the Update QuickBooks option there.
- Then you need to hit on the Options tab and then on the mark all option, and then hit Save.
- After that, tap on the Update now button followed by the Reset Update button.
- Further click on the Get Updates tab.
- After the update gets completed, a screen saying that the update is successful will pop up on the screen.
- Then you need to hit on the ALt+F4 keys or Esc key on the keyboard and close QuickBooks.
- After that, relaunch the QuickBooks application and hit on the Yes tab when prompted.
- Lastly, you need to reboot your system.
Read Also- How to resolve quickbooks update error 416
Method 2: Run the ‘Reboot.bat’ File on the system to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a.
When you install the QuickBooks application on your system, a small batch file called the reboot.bat is also saved in the installation directory. This file gets saved every time, no matter which version of the application you installed. This batch file is responsible for setting back all the system settings that QB makes over the course of its usage. It consists of a number of command line programs that are used to reset the Windows registry settings for all of the components that QuickBooks uses. Basically, you can understand that this is a clean-up utility that puts things in place if something gets messed up.
Steps to run the ‘Reboot.bat’ file:
Before running the file,
- Make sure that no element of the QB is running in the background.
- Also, ensure that the network system is also not running too. For this, log in to your Windows as an Administrator and run the file. When the file gets executed, restart your system. But if it does not prompt you to restart, then you should not force it to restart.
Method 3: Run Windows System File Checker to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Follow the given steps to run the Windows System File checker.
- First, hit click on the Start tab and then type the word Command in the search bar.
- Then press and hold the Ctrl + Shift tab simultaneously and hit Enter.
- After that, click on Yes when the permission dialog box appears on the screen.
- Then moving ahead, you have to enter the word SFC/Scannow and hit the Enter key.
- Now, wait till the system file checker scans all your file and detect any error if any.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen prompts and resolve the issue detected by the system file checker.
Method 4: Perform windows repair of QuickBooks to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- First, close the QuickBooks application and hit on the Windows tab.
- Then access the control panel and opt for the uninstall or change program option.
- After that, select the QuickBooks option from the program list.
- Now, tap the uninstall button and hit Next.
- Then you will see a QuickBooks installation window on your screen; you have to click again Next on it.
- Next, tap on the Repair Radio tab and hit the Repair button.
- Then, hit the finish tab.
- Now, reboot the PC and open the QB to check the issue.
You can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to repair QuickBooks and its damaged data file.
Method 5: Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
For this step, you need to uninstall the QuickBooks application. So make sure that you have the QuickBooks desktop download file, the installation CD, and the License number handy with you before doing the uninstallation. After that, you can perform the clean installation of the QB desktop. For this, you need to follow the below-given steps.
- The first step involves gathering all the information related to the QuickBooks product.
- Then you have to download the installation.
- After that, you will require the license number. It would be given on the packaging.
- Next, note down the product year and version and then uninstall the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then navigate to the windows start menu and go to the Control Panel option.
- After that, you need to head to the programs and features tab and hit on the Uninstall a program option.
- After that, you have to choose your QuickBooks version from the list.
- Then hit the Uninstall/Change button and remove the options.
- Next, tap on the Next button and carry out the on-screen prompts.
- Lastly, re-install the QuickBooks application and check for the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a.
Method 6: Scan the System for Any Malware or Virus Attack.
The system scan can also help you to scan for any malware or virus that might be affecting your system. This method can be followed in two ways:
- First involves you using the Windows virus and threat protection for the scan.
- For the second way, on the other hand, you can use an externally installed anti-virus software for the scan.
Method 7: Authenticate the Antivirus Settings on the system.
Antivirus software can sometimes identify some QB files as threat files and prevent QuickBooks from loading some important files. You have to look at the program’s section that lists blocked files( quarantine files).
If you are using any specific anti-virus application, then you have to consult your antivirus product for instructions on how to change the permissions.
If you find any of the programs mentioned below in the quarantine list, you have to grant permission to it to pass over the firewall. Remember you must grant permission to all the programs mentioned below to pass over the firewall.
These files would be stored in the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year) location. Also, the file with the extensions (x86) would be in 64-bit versions.
Damaged MSXML component can lead you to QuickBooks error 3371, know various solutions to fix QuickBooks error 3371.
Method 8: Update the Avast Program and virus definition to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
- First, you would have to perform an Avast virus definition and make all the programs updated.
- Just in case you have another antivirus program, then you would have to update the antivirus.
- After that, right-click on the Avast icon and choose the Update tab.
- Next, hit click on the Program tab and pay attention to the prompts to Upgrade the Avast program.
- Lastly, perform the steps again and choose the Engine and virus options.
The Conclusive Note
The QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a, can be resolved through any of the above-given methods. But remember to take a backup of your files before proceeding ahead with these methods so that in case of any data loss, you can easily recover it. Also, these methods are quite technical, and if you are not into the technical field, these may be difficult for you to follow. In such a case, you can contact our QuickBooks Support team for help. They will help you out with your issue and will sort your QuickBooks error.
Frequently Asked Questions
QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a is a complex error that appears on the screen as an Error loading type library or DLL can not load a dynamic link library DLL. The appearance of this error means that three is some issue with the user’s company file, either it is damaged or corrupted.
The .dll file is the dynamic-link library. It is a Microsoft component for the implementation of the shared library concept in MS Windows and Operating systems. If this file gets corrupted or missing, the installation of software like QuickBooks gets affected.