Though the multi-user feature of QuickBooks is very helpful but, sometimes, users face difficulty in opening the company file in multi-user mode. In such situations, they tend to face multiple company file issues. One such issue is Quickbooks Error 6210. It also arises in multi-user mode; however, the reasons for its occurrence can be multiple. In this article, we will discuss in detail the meaning, causes, and fixing solutions for Intuit QuickBooks error 6210 0, so follow the complete article.
What is Quickbooks Error 6210?
Quickbooks Error 6210 usually appears when a user uses the QB in the multi-user mode. Sometimes, a company file is hosted on a workstation that is not set up as the server in the network. And if a user tries to access it, QuickBooks desktop error 6210 0 appears on his screen. The error message of the QB error 6210 says, Warning! We are sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file. Error codes:(-6210,0). QuickBooks Desktop can also crash when the error message related to QuickBooks error code 6210 pops up on the screen.
What causes Quickbooks Error 6210 to appear on your screen?
The corrupted download of the software file can be a reason behind the occurrence of Quickbooks Error 6210. However, the list of other potential factors that cause this problem is discussed below:
- The installation of QuickBooks Desktop is incomplete or corrupted.
- The data damage on the QB company file can also lead to the intuit QuickBooks error 6210 0.
- Malware infection on the PC can also result in error 6210 in QuickBooks.
- Corruption in the Windows registry can also be a reason.
- By mistake, deletion of the QuickBooks-related files can also trigger QuickBooks desktop error 6210 0.
- If you have done any sort of alteration in QB software, you may face the 6210 0 QuickBooks error after the update 2019.
- If the system’s Windows firewall prevents the QB from communicating with the other workstation, the QuickBooks error code 6210 may arise.
Which Operating Systems are prone to Quickbooks Error 6210?
A couple of operating systems face QuickBooks error 6210, while others don’t. Let us look at the list of those OS that faces the error 6210.
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
- MS Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows Vista, and
- Windows ME
What are the signs that help you identify Quickbooks Error 6210?
Apart from the error message, there are multiple other signs that can help you identify the QuickBooks desktop error 6210 0. The list is mentioned below:
- QB stops working and freezes suddenly for a while.
- 6210 0 QuickBooks error after update 2019 may appear abruptly on the screen.
- You can face the issue while accessing the Company file.
- QuickBooks Utility, as well as the system, may crash.
- When the error 6210 appears on the screen, Windows may stop responding.
Some Important Points to remember before fixing QuickBooks Error code 6210
Even small configuration issues with your QuickBooks and system can also trigger the QuickBooks Error code 6210. Thus, you need to take care of these points before starting the troubleshooting for error code 1210.
- Make sure that the QB Desktop hosting the company file has the multiuser mode enabled on it.
- You need to ensure that the system that the server computer hosts the company file and not a regular workstation in the network.
- Update QuickBooks to the latest version before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps.
- Also, you need to scan your computer with antivirus and anti-malware to remove any suspicious or infectious files from it. You can also use Windows Defender, an inbuilt Windows security feature to scan your system for any infection.
- You can also disable Windows firewall or any third-party firewall temporarily before accessing the company file in multi-user mode.
Top 5 Troubleshooting Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error code 6210
There are a bunch of troubleshooting solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error 6210, including running the QuickBooks File Doctor and renaming the file named with ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ files. While some common troubleshooting includes Updating the QuickBooks software and Windows. Let us look at all these fixes one by one:
Fix 1: Edit the file name of ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ files (If you are using the QB in Single user mode) to fix the QuickBooks desktop error 6210 0.
Sometimes the file like .ND or .TLG can cause you to face the QuickBooks error code 1201. Thus renaming these in the single mode can help you to get rid of the error.
- First, navigate to the folder containing the QuickBooks installation file and open it. By default, after downloading, QuickBooks gets installed in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks or for 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks folder).
- There, you need to locate the Corresponding network data and transaction log file.
- Then, click right on the .ND file and then choose the Rename option from the list.
- Now, simply add the .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Perform the same steps as you did for the .ND file, and Rename the .TLG file by adding the .OLD extension.
- After you are done with the above steps, Create a new folder on the desktop and then move all the QuickBooks files to the newly created folder.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks desktop and the company file from the newly created folder on the system.
Check if the Intuit QuickBooks error 6210 0 has got resolved or not; if not, follow the next fixes.
Fix 2: Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the QuickBooks desktop error 6210 0.
QuickBooks File Doctor tool is used to rectify any error with the company file. So, if renaming the .ND and .TLG file does not fix the error; try using this tool. Follow the below-given steps to ruin the QB File Doctor.
- First, download the QuickBooks tools hub and then press the Ctrl+ J keys to open the downloads.
- Then, under the downloads list, you need to click on QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- After that, you need to click Yes and allow the app to make changes to your system.
- Then, hit the Next button to install it. Also, you have to click Yes and Accept the license agreement.
- Now move ahead and hit the Finish button after the installation process gets completed.
- Once it is done, open the QB Tool hub and click on the QuickBooks File Doctor under the Company File issue.
The tool will help you to resolve the issue with your company file, and then you won’t face Quickbooks Error 6210.
Fix 3: Restart the QuickBooks Database Server (for users using the QB in Multi-User Mode) to fix the QuickBooks desktop error 6210 0.
Restarting QBDBSM can help you to ensure that all the processes related to the QB application are running smoothly in the background. Follow the given steps to restart your QB Database Server Manager.
- Start by pressing the Windows + R keys together to get the Run Dialog box on the screen.
- Then, type the word Services.msc in the given test box there.
- After that, press Enter and then locate the QuickBooks Database Server Manager service from the list given there. It would be anything like (QuickBooksDB28, QuickBooksDB27, QuickBooksDB26, or QuickBooksDB29).
- Then, select the service from the list and click on Restart from the left pane.
- Once you have restarted all the services, you need to open the QuickBooks company file again.
- If the error 6210 is still preventing you from accessing the company file, then you need to follow the next solution.
Fix 4: Create and Open a Sample Company File on the Local Storage on the workstation to rectify the error 6210 0.
If you are facing this issue because of the primary problem with the company file, then you can opt for this method. Thus follow the given steps to troubleshoot any corruption in the QuickBooks company file.
- Run the QB, and when it displays the No Company Open window, you need to click on Open a Sample File.
- Now, you need to select any company file from the options.
- If QB easily opens your sample company file, then follow the next troubleshooting steps.
- Otherwise, if you still get the error while opening the sample file, then you need to Repair QuickBooks to rectify the damage.
Steps to Repair QuickBooks
Before proceeding with the steps, ensure you have kept the QuickBooks Desktop installation CD handy.
- First, start the process by restarting your PC to close all the other programs that could affect QuickBooks.
- Then, make sure to back up the company file.
- After that, open the Control Panel on your system.
- Then go to the Programs and Features option and uninstall any unnecessary programs.
- Now, you need also to select the QuickBooks option from the list and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Then, click on the Continue tab and then hit Next.
- After that, tap on the Repair button and wait for it to complete.
- Lastly, after the repair process, click on the Finish buttons and restart your system.
Fix 5: Reinstall QuickBooks through QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to rectify the error 6210 0.
To rectify the error, you can also try first to uninstall QB and then install it with the help of QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Step 1: First, Uninstall QuickBooks Software.
- First, start by pressing the Windows +R keys and running the Run command box.
- Then, type the Control Panel word in the Search bar and hit OK.
- After that, move your cursor to the Program and features options and then choose the Uninstall a program option.
- Then, from the list of all the software, tap on the QuickBooks desktop option and then press the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows.
- For this purpose, you should first download the QuickBooks tools hub from the official website of Intuit.
- After that, go to the File location where the downloaded file got saved and then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Next, you need to click on the I accept tab to provide your consent for terms and conditions and complete the Install process.
- Now, you can open the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the desktop.
- Once the tool hub application opens, you need to click on the Clean Install Tool under the Installation Issue tab.
- Then, choose the Quickbooks Desktop Version, which was installed in your system before, and then click on the Continue button.
- Let’s wait till you receive a message flashing on the screen, then click OK.
Step 2: Now, Reinstall QuickBooks in your system.
- You will need QuickBooks installation CD for this step.
- Insert the installation CD into the CD drive of your system and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- Then, you need to give the input for the Product and License Number for the copy of the software.
- Lastly, after entering the details, you need to follow the instructions flashed over the screen to complete the re-installation of QB Desktop.
The Final Words
Though Quickbooks Error 6210 has multiple reasons to get triggered; the above-mentioned solutions will help you easily get rid of it. However, you should always keep one thing in mind before performing any troubleshooting; you have to take a backup of your company file. This will allow you to restore your data in case you suffer any data loss or damage while performing the fixes. Restoring the data from the backup is very easy., You just need to close the QB and press and hold the CTRL key until No Company opens on the screen. After that, just press the Open or restore an existing company and then Restore a backup copy and lastly, click Next. In case you feel any difficulty, give us a call at +1-(855)-955-1942 and connect with our QB Experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
You face 6210 0 QuickBooks error after update 2019 when QB fails to open the QuickBooks file due to a computer’s damaged or improper working.
By following the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, you can fix error 6210 0 in any version of QB Desktop, may it be Pro, Premier, or Enterprise versions. Or you can also call us at +1-(855)-955-1942 for assistance.
Anti-virus apps can sometimes detect QB files as a threat to the system’s security and can stop QB from accessing them. This can trigger many errors, including error 1210 0. Thus, you can set the QB files as an exception in the anti-virus software and can stop them from scanning the QB files.