Are you experiencing QuickBooks display issues like icons/fonts look fuzzy? This problem usually occurs when your monitor is high-resolution(1920 x 1200 or higher). Many users face this issue and it prohibits them from using the QuickBooks with that efficiency. If you are one of those QuickBooks users, then this post is for you.
Signs You are Experiencing QuickBooks Display Issues
Sometimes it may be hard to identify if the problem you are facing is Display Issues in QuickBooks. So check out these indications-
- You can experience a problem where the transaction Form doesn’t fit on your screen.
- As a result of the size-fitting problem, buttons may be cropped out of the view.
- Your screen is partially obscured by the cross button and the icon size in the top right corner.
- You can have an error where the fields are overwritten or the label vanishes.
- You can see QuickBooks black and white screen issue.
- Font size might look excessively huge or small.
- You might have a rotated screen.
- The payments page for QuickBooks cannot be displayed.
- When expanding and minimizing a window, you might notice a distortion of the screen.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Display Issues
Display problems or distorted screens occur due to incorrect resolution or font settings in Microsoft Windows. You must regularly verify these settings to guarantee the QuickBooks display’s optimal functionality. Review the following points to learn what causes the display issues in QuickBooks:
- Your Windows desktop and/or QuickBooks’ DPI settings are inaccurate.
- Incorrect QuickBooks ‘View Preferences’ settings could possibly be the cause of the issue.
Note: DPI– The default Windows “Dot per Inch” setting is smaller – 100%. This is how QuickBooks is coded and designed. DPI settings of 125–150 % present with higher resolutions, which can cause display problems.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Display Issues
As QuickBooks display issues are caused due to wrong settings, we recommend you to change the settings to fix the problem.
Solution 1: Display Settings in QuickBooks Must be Changed
Alter your QuickBooks display and view choices before making any Windows modifications.
- First you need to Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to and open the Windows Start button.
- Search for “QuickBooks” there. Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Open file location.
- Right-click the QuickBooks.exe file in the folder and choose Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box next to Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Alternatively, you can choose Override high DPI scaling behaviour after choosing Change high DPI settings.
- Select Apply, then click OK.
Solution 2: Configure The Windows Display Settings
Modifying your Windows settings impacts all of your computer’s software, including QuickBooks. When Windows DPI is adjusted to its defaults, QuickBooks performs best. You might experience QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues when these settings are changed.
- To restore the default display settings for Windows 10 and Windows 8, adhere to Microsoft’s instructions.
- Set the minimum 1024 × 768 resolution for your screen. The ideal display is 1920 x 1080, which we advise.
- Restart your computer, then launch QuickBooks and your company file.
- QuickBooks 2020 Display Issues will most likely be resolved after this.
Solution 3: Set View Preferences in QuickBooks
It may be possible that your QuickBooks preferences are not set up correctly. So verify the settings and eliminate QuickBooks display issues
- Select Preferences from the Edit menu in QuickBooks.
- Choose the option My Preferences tab after choosing Desktop View from the list.
- Select the One Window option under the View section. Select OK next.
Solution 4: Update Graphic Drivers in Windows/MAC
We have included updating graphic drivers as a remedy because outdated display drivers can result in QuickBooks font being too small or a black and white screen. Below, we have outlined the processes in great detail.
To use Windows 10:
- Select the Device manager option by clicking the Start menu button and dragging the mouse up.
- Tap on the Display Adapter button in the Device Manager.
- Next, choose Update Drivers by right-clicking on the Relevant Display Adapters option.
- Choose “Search automatically for updated drivers” to see the results.
- Select an update if there are updates available for your device’s graphic adapters.
Need To Fix QuickBooks Display Issues?
These are the most effective solutions to fix QuickBooks online display issues. Other than these, you should also make sure to update your QuickBooks and Windows operating system as well. Because sometimes, using outdated Windows and QuickBooks can also cause this issue. However, after trying everything, if you are still facing QuickBooks display issues then you need to connect with a QuickBooks professional. Call QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Team at +1-(855)-955-1942 any time to get rid of any QuickBooks related issue.