Intuit Data Protect is a paid subscription service offered to QuickBooks users. It protects their financial data file from any damage or loss. ‘Intuit Data Protect backup incomplete’ issue can put users’ data at risk. It might arise due to a lack of resources and improper configuration. Users need to close the QuickBooks Company file, verify the user profile for IBuEngHost.exe and verify the file system configuration. Read the entire article to know everything in detail.
Are you worried because you can’t back up with Intuit Data Protect? Just call +1-(855)-955-1942 and an expert will help fix the issue.
Reasons and Solutions For Intuit Data Protect Backup Incomplete Issue
There are three different reasons that can lead to the ‘Intuit Data Protect backup incomplete’ issue based on how you have mapped your company file, file system configuration, and the user profile in which IBuEngHost.exe is running. Let’s look at these causes and their respective solutions.
You might get: [SOLVED] Intuit Sync Manager Error- Causes And Solutions
Reason 1: Company File Opened through Mapped Drive
‘Intuit Data Protect backup incomplete’ issue occurs if QuickBooks is running through a mapped network drive when the backup begins. Your company file should be closed for Intuit Data Protect to function if it is running through a mapped drive.
Solution: Close QuickBooks on all Workstations
You need to close your company file on all the workstations it is running on a mapped drive. Then try to run the IDP, these are the steps you need to follow:-
- Close your company file on all the workstations.
- Run Intuit Data Protect on the host computer.
- You need to Right-click on the Intuit Data Protect icon in the system tray and select Open Intuit Data Protect.
- Then click on Back up now.
Reason 2: IBuEngHost.exe is running in the Wrong Profile
IBuEngHost.exe running as a Local User rather than System is a reason why Intuit Data Protect backup incomplete issue occurs.
Solution: Run IBuEngHost.exe as System User
Ensure that IBuEngHost.exe is running on Windows before going through this troubleshooting method. You can find it in the Services window. Right-click on it and choose Start if this service has stopped. Then you need to make sure that it is running through the system profile and not the local user profile to prevent Intuit Data Protect backup incomplete issues. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del on your keyboard.
- Then select Start Task Manager and a new window will open up on your desktop.
- Go to the Processes tab and find IBuEngHost.exe in the list.
- Go to the user name column and check what is written there. Intuit Data Protect will not function if anything other than ‘system’ is written there.
- Ensure that QBIDPService.exe is working and then reboot your system to fix it
- Press Windows+R, type Services.msc in the Run window to open the Services console, and check if QBIDPService.exe is running.
- QBIDPService.exe should say Start in the status column. Start the service if it is not running, and then reboot the system.
NOTE: QuickBooks needs to be installed with an Admin user profile for IDP to function properly. Reinstall QuickBooks with Windows Admin user profile if the above solution does not work.
Reason 3: File System is not NTFS
IDP will fail to work if the file system of the local drive is anything other than NTFS.
Solution: Verify Your File System settings of your Local System Drive
You need to ensure that the file system of your hard drive is set to NTFS. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- First, Open Windows File Manager and right-click on C Drive.
- Choose Properties, and then a new window will open up.
- Go to the File System section and make sure NTFS is written.
- Change the file system section to NTFS if it shows FAT32 or anything else. Go through this blog for detailed solutions.
Seek Experts Help to fix Intuit Data Protect Backup Incomplete Issue!
We hope you know what should be done if ‘Intuit Data Protect backup incomplete’ issue occurs on your system. It is important that your file system is NTFS, and IBuEngHost.exe is running in the system profile for IDP to function properly. Give a call to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942 if your issue is still not resolved after following all the above solutions. They can provide you with advanced troubleshooting methods.