Intuit Sync Manager runs on Windows and is responsible for the exchange of data between QuickBooks Desktop and the version stored in the cloud server. It is available for QuickBooks Enterprise, Pro, and Premier versions. It synchronizes the data of QuickBooks Desktop applications with Intuit Online Services or third-party applications. Users don’t have to perform the same functions twice because of Intuit Sync Manager. Sometimes users face difficulties in accessing the online services due to Intuit sync manager error. There are multiple error codes associated with this error based on the reason why it is occurring.
Unable to use Intuit’s online services because of QuickBooks sync manager error? No need to worry, just reach out to an expert at +1-(855)-955-1942 and they will guide you on how to fix it.
Reasons and Solutions for Intuit Sync Manager Error
There are 5 different reasons for Intuit sync manager error. It involves damaged Windows files or components, problems with the user’s internet connection, outdated services, unfavourable internet settings, and failure of Intuit sync manager. Every different cause has a particular error code associated with it. Let’s look at these errors and their respective solutions in detail:-
Reason 1: Damaged Windows File or Components
Intuit Sync Manager need multiple Windows components to function properly. Damage in either of these components can lead to Intuit Sync Manager error loading files. The error message code that appear with the error message, for this reason, is QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7118.
Solution: Close Sync Manager and Update the Application
QuickBooks Sync error 17_7118 requires you to exit Sync Manager and then update the QuickBooks application. These are the steps you need to function:-
- Close and exit Sync Manager present in System Tray.
- Exit all your company files and then restart the QuickBooks application.
- Now rerun the QuickBooks application but don’t open the company file.
- Go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on to the Update Now menu and tickmark the box beside Reset Update.
- Now tap on Get Updates and wait for the download process to get over.
- Rerun the QB application and tap on Yes when the prompt to install the updates appear.
Reason 2: Intuit Sync Manager is Damaged
Intuit Sync Manager error can also occur due to damage in the service itself. The sync manager is unable to write the downloaded data to the QuickBooks Company file and fails the syncing process. The error code associated with this reason is QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7300.
Solution: Make Changes in Company Preferences
You need to go to the My Preferences menu and then make changes in Company preferences. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop application and then run your company file.
- Go to the Edit menu and then select Integrated Application from the left pane.
- Then tap on the My preferences tab and click on Company Preferences.
- Checkmark the box against Intuit Sync Manager and then try to sync data.
Reason 3: Unfavourable Windows Firewall or Internet Security Settings
Windows Firewall controls the flow of the internet for all the applications. QuickBooks Sync Manager error arises if Windows Firewall considers QB a threat and doesn’t allow internet access. The error code that arises with this error is QuickBooks Sync Error 5_13944.
Solution: Exempt URLs from Setting Obstructions
You need to exempt the URLs from creating hindrances when you see QuickBooks Sync Error 5_13944 appear on your screen. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Go to the Sync Manager folder and remove the ‘CRT’ file.
- Now download QuickBooks Sync Manager again and reset the Sync settings.
- Now check if Intuit Sync Manager error is resolved or not.
Reason 4: Damaged Intuit Sync Manager Folder
Damage in the Intuit Sync Manager folder will create a hindrance in connecting the QBD and Intuit Online services.
Solution: Repair Intuit Sync Manager Folder
You need to rename Sync Manager Folder in order to repair intuit sync manager error. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Close all your QuickBooks company files.
- Now right-click on the Sync Manager icon present in the system tray.
- Tap on Exit and close the Sync manager.
- Now go and find Sync Manager Folder and right-click on it.
- Select Rename from the list.
- Add .old at the end of the folder name.
- Now rerun QuickBooks Application and check if the error is still arising.
Call an Expert!
The above troubleshooting solutions should be enough for Intuit Sync Manager error. Hopefully, you will be able to use Intuit online services after this, but if the error is still not resolved, the next logical thing is to reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.