Intuit Sync Manager runs on Windows and is responsible for the exchange of data between QuickBooks Desktop and the version stored in the cloud server. It is available for QuickBooks Enterprise, Pro, and Premier versions. It synchronizes the data of QuickBooks Desktop applications with Intuit Online Services or third-party applications. Users don’t have to perform the same functions twice because of Intuit Sync Manager. Sometimes users face difficulties in accessing the online services due to Intuit sync manager error. There are multiple error codes associated with this error based on the reason why it is occurring.
Unable to use Intuit’s online services because of QuickBooks sync manager error? No need to worry, just reach out to an expert at +1-(855)-955-1942 and they will guide you on how to fix it.
What is the QuickBooks Sync Manager?
QuickBooks Sync Manager is a QuickBooks tool that allows users to synchronize data between the QuickBooks Desktop application and the Intuit Online servers. It is even used to sync data with other applications, such as online marketplaces, point of sale systems, and e-commerce platforms. Thus, this automates the process of saving the changes that you made on either your desktop database or the server. In other words, it is used to automate the process of updating customer, product, and order information in QuickBooks, so that users can easily manage their financial data and transactions across multiple platforms.
What are the different kinds of QuickBooks sync manager errors?
There are many errors related to the Sync Manager with different error codes. Some of them are discussed here:
- QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7118
The error appears when your system gets corrupted with the issue for more than a week. Updating the QuickBooks software can fix this error. It is the only way to get rid of the issue. So, make sure that you download the newest release from Intuit’s site. Otherwise, also try to upgrade the Intuit sync manager to the latest version.
- QuickBooks 2014 Sync Manager Error
It is another QuickBooks Sunc Manager issue that arises because of some damages or corruption within the program files. You can also face this error if you have a missing QuickBooks sync manager. To resolve this error, you need to modify the name of the Intuit Sync Manager to Sync Manager.
- QuickBooks Sync Error 5_13944
You can face this 5_13944 error while uploading the data in QuickBooks. The reasons can be several, including network issues. To resolve this, make sure that you fix the access to the server. However, in the case of any internal issue while uploading the data, make sure to fix it right away.
- QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7300
The error 17_7300 occurs when your QuickBooks file contains the downloaded data. It can easily be fixed by updating the sync manager.
Instances where you can face the QuickBooks Sync Manager Error:
You may face the QuickBooks sync manager error in Quickbooks. The error can appear as Intuit manager has stopped or is being discontinued and can come on these instances:
- Quickbooks Sync Manager Error.
- Error: Sync Manager not set up
- Error: Loading from the path.
- How to remove the Intuit Sync Manger
- Sync manager error QuickBooks
- QuickBooks error 2014 sync manager
- QuickBooks has stopped working
- Error loading files from the path intuit sync manager.
- QuickBooks sync manager not working
- QB sync manager has stopped working.
Reasons and Solutions for Intuit Sync Manager Error
There are 5 different reasons for Intuit sync manager error. It involves damaged Windows files or components, problems with the user’s internet connection, outdated services, unfavourable internet settings, and failure of Intuit sync manager. Every different cause has a particular error code associated with it. Let’s look at these errors and their respective solutions in detail:-
Reason 1: Damaged Windows File or Components
Intuit Sync Manager need multiple Windows components to function properly. Damage in either of these components can lead to Intuit Sync Manager error loading files. The error message code that appear with the error message, for this reason, is QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7118.
Solution: Close Sync Manager and Update the Application
QuickBooks Sync error 17_7118 requires you to exit Sync Manager and then update the QuickBooks application. These are the steps you need to function:-
- Close and exit Sync Manager present in System Tray.
- Exit all your company files and then restart the QuickBooks application.
- Now rerun the QuickBooks application but don’t open the company file.
- Go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on to the Update Now menu and tickmark the box beside Reset Update.
- Now tap on Get Updates and wait for the download process to get over.
- Rerun the QB application and tap on Yes when the prompt to install the updates appear.
Reason 2: Intuit Sync Manager is Damaged
Intuit Sync Manager error can also occur due to damage in the service itself. The sync manager is unable to write the downloaded data to the QuickBooks Company file and fails the syncing process. The error code associated with this reason is QuickBooks Sync Error 17_7300.
Solution: Make Changes in Company Preferences
You need to go to the My Preferences menu and then make changes in Company preferences. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop application and then run your company file.
- Go to the Edit menu and then select Integrated Application from the left pane.
- Then tap on the My preferences tab and click on Company Preferences.
- Checkmark the box against Intuit Sync Manager and then try to sync data.
Reason 3: Unfavourable Windows Firewall or Internet Security Settings
Windows Firewall controls the flow of the internet for all the applications. QuickBooks Sync Manager error arises if Windows Firewall considers QB a threat and doesn’t allow internet access. The error code that arises with this error is QuickBooks Sync Error 5_13944.
Solution: Exempt URLs from Setting Obstructions
You need to exempt the URLs from creating hindrances when you see QuickBooks Sync Error 5_13944 appear on your screen. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Go to the Sync Manager folder and remove the ‘CRT’ file.
- Now download QuickBooks Sync Manager again and reset the Sync settings.
- Now check if Intuit Sync Manager error is resolved or not.
Reason 4: Damaged Intuit Sync Manager Folder
Damage in the Intuit Sync Manager folder will create a hindrance in connecting the QBD and Intuit Online services.
Solution: Repair Intuit Sync Manager Folder
You need to rename Sync Manager Folder in order to repair intuit sync manager error. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Close all your QuickBooks company files.
- Now right-click on the Sync Manager icon present in the system tray.
- Tap on Exit and close the Sync manager.
- Now go and find Sync Manager Folder and right-click on it.
- Select Rename from the list.
- Add .old at the end of the folder name.
- Now rerun QuickBooks Application and check if the error is still arising.
Additional Solutions to fix Intuit Sync Manager Error
Solution 1 : Clear the Sync Manager Settings and then Perform a Reconfiguration
For this step, you need to clear the settings of your sync manager by following the given steps:
- First, check the folder location of the sync manager application and make sure its location is correct. The location path for Windows XP should be C:\ Documents and Settings\ \Local Settings\ Application Data\ Intuit\, and for Windows 7 and Vista versions, it should be C:\ Users\ \AppData\ Local\ Intuit.
- Next, check if you have signed in as an Administrator on Windows and clear all the sync settings of the sync manager.
- Now, open the QB application and click on the Help menu and select the Manage Data Sync option.
- After that, choose the option saying Clear Sync Settings and then type Yes and hit Enter in the confirmation window.
- When you successfully clear the Sync Manager settings, reconfigure it to get rid of the Intuit Sync Manager Error.
Solution 2: Set Up the Sync Manager from QuickBooks File Menu
The next step involved setting up the sync manager and running it correctly.
- First, open the QuickBooks Desktop application and then hit the Setup Intuit Sync Manager from the File menu.
- Then sign in using the login credentials, and if you do not have an account, then Sign-in and create one.
- If you have forgotten your login ID or Password, then click on the Forgot your User ID / Forgot your Password to recover your account.
- Then, choose the Use an Existing Company option and hit the Next button to start the syncing process.
- Now, Sync Manager will start syncing the company file to the Intuit App Center. And when the sync process gets completed, exit the window, and navigate to Intuit® Full Service Payroll.
- After that, click on the Continue button under the Setup QuickBooks page and then log in with your IAC credentials (user ID and password) to open your company file.
- Then, press the F2 key on the keyboard, and check the Realm ID of your company. You will get this ID at the top right corner of the window.
- Now, again, click on the Continue button under the Connect your Company page. Then, select the Business profile option that has the same Realm ID as your Company file, and hit Continue.
- Then, select the right account and hit the Finish button, and rerun QuickBooks to check for the error status.
Call an Expert!
The above troubleshooting solutions should be enough for Intuit Sync Manager error. Hopefully, you will be able to use Intuit online services after this, but if the error is still not resolved, the next logical thing is to reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
Intuit Sync Manager is a tool that helps in synchronizing all the QB company file data with the Intuit online services and even with the 3rd applications securely.
The most common reason for the intuit sync manager error is the issues with essential Windows files and components. Sometimes firewall obstruction can also interfere with the syncing process and cause the error.
Follow the given steps to run a Sync in QuickBooks:
1. First, tap on the Financials option and go to the QB Online Screen.
2. Then, click on the Let’s Synchronise with QuickBooks Online option.
3. At last, let it start Synchronising.