QuickBooks data can be protected from any damage or loss with the help of Intuit Data Protect. This tool is usually used to backup QuickBooks data in a secure way. But so many times, Intuit Data Protect has Stopped working issue might trigger due to Corrupted or outdated version of Microsoft.NET. Look at the article to know more such reasons and solutions to get rid of this issue.
Why Does Intuit Data Protect Suddenly Stops Working?
There can be a variety of reasons why Intuit Data Protect suddenly stopped working. Here is a list of all possible causes of such Intuit Data protect error:-
- An outdated version of IDP(Intuit Data Protect) or QBD(QuickBooks Desktop) can hamper the backup process.
- Windows firewall settings and Intuit Data Protect settings might be in conflict.
- Web Browser is not considering IDP web address as a trusted URL, that may lead to IDP Errors.
- If your company file is not registered in accordance with intuit’s guidelines, intuitdataprotect.exe might stop working.
- Trying to backup an in use file, and you’ll get an IDP error.
- The backup can also be affected if Windows fails to use the NTFS file system.
- Wrong IDP login credentials can also cause Intuit Data Protect error.
How can you identify if Intuit Data Protect isn’t Working?
Intuit Data Protect failure affects your system in different ways. Sometimes it might give a clear error, while at other times, you might have to look into it a bit. You can detect that Intuit Data Protect has stopped working if you encounter any of the below-mentioned situations.
- Intuit Data Protect stop working
- IDP symbol is missing from the Windows taskbar
- Scheduled IDP backup is not working
- When backing up with IDP, Error 305 occurs.
- Due to a firewall or Internet connectivity issue, Intuit Data Protect backups failed.
- IDP does not start automatically
- Intuit Data Protect IDT has a login error.
- Online backup from Intuit isn’t working.
- Due to an incorrect data file, Intuit Data Protect difficulties arise.
Easy Ways to Resolve Intuit Data Protect Has Stopped Working Issue
If Intuit Data Protect has stopped working, you can follow either of the 4 solutions. Let’s look into it-
Few of the below-mentioned solutions might be difficult for our few users to follow. If you are facing any difficulty, we advise you to contact our experts at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.
Solution 1- QuickBooks and Intuit Data Protect must be Updated
If you are using older version of QuickBooks Desktop application and Intuit Data Protect, you might come across the Intuit Data Protect has stopped working issues. Scroll down to the Data Protect option and check if any Intuit Data Protect update is pending. Also, update your Quickbooks Desktop application to the latest release.
Solution 2- Ensure that IBuEngHost.exe File Is Running
You need to run IBuEngHost.exe File as a system user in order to ensure Intuit Data Protect is working smoothly on your system, it should not run as a Windows user:-
Note– Back up your data with Data Protect if you are unable to backup using IDP.
- First, you have to Right-click on Windows Taskbar and then choose Start Task Manager.
- Choose the Details tab and find IBuEngHost.exe. Ensure that “User name-system” and “Status Running“. Follow these steps if not-
- Download a fresh installation for QuickBooks Desktop and save it somewhere easy to find it.
- Right-click on the installer and choose Run as Administrator .
- Proceed with the Re-installation Procedure .
- After the installation process is completed, go to Task Manager and look for IBuEngHost.exe. Follow the same criteria as mentioned above.
Solution 3- Remove Intuit Data Protect Files from Firewall Restrictions
Due to a stumbling block generated by the Windows firewall, Intuit Data Product may display problems. This issue is simple to resolve; simply follow the instructions below to remove the limitation on intuit data protect files from the Windows firewall:-
- Press Windows+R simultaneously. Run dialogue box will appear, type firewall.cpl and press enter.
- Click Allow an app through Windows Firewall from the left pane.
- Now click on Allow Another App and Go to Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ Intuit\ Data Protect folder.
- Choose QBIDPservice.exe and then choose Open.
- Tap Network Types and check mark the Private checkbox.
- Press on Add and follow the same steps in order to add IntuitDataProtect.exe and IBUenghost.exe files.
Solution 4- In Internet Explorer, Mark the Intuit domains as Trusted Sites
Because Internet Explorer considers Intuit Domains to be untrustworthy sites for your system, the error may occur. These domain names must be explicitly added as Trusted sites. To fix Intuit Data Protect Errors, add the following domains to your trusted sites list.
IMPORTANT: After you’ve added all of the aforementioned websites to the list of trustworthy websites, uncheck the option that says Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone. If you haven’t, an error message will show on your screen stating that QuickBooks has detected a problem with your data file.
Solution 5- Use Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool
Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool checks the computer’s memory and related components for errors and fixes them:
- Click on Intuit Data Protect icon.
- Now, Go to About Intuit Data Protect option to simultaneously tap on Ctrl + F2 keys.
- Select the Run Diagnostics option and run the scan.
- It will show the detected error and will be resolved accordingly.
Get Expert Assistance to fix intuitdataprotect exe issue!
So this has been caused as to why IDP suddenly Stops Working and how you can fix it. If you still get stuck with any issue, get in touch with our QuickBooks professionals by placing a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.