Ever imagined, what would you do if your data gets damaged or if you lose it by fault? It surely would turn out as a nightmare for you. Therefore, to keep it secure and to recover it whenever required, you must create a backup of your data on a regular basis. In QuickBooks Online, you can save online backups of your accounting data. Moreover, backups save everything that is available on your chart of accounts. Also, you can schedule automatic backups, do one-time manual backups, and even save copies to DropBox or Google Drive. To know how to set everything up and backup QuickBooks online you can always step back to where you need to be.
Looking for a way that can help you backup QuickBooks Online? If yes, we would suggest you to give us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1-(855)-955-1942 and reach out to our experts.
What Data You Can & Cannot Backup?
No matter how advanced a software is, there are definitely some things that it isn’t capable of doing. Similarly, when you try to backup QuickBooks Online, there is some data that you can and cannot backup. To help you get aware of it, below we have categorized in into different categories:
Learn What Data gets Backed Up
The Online Backup and Restore application backs everything related to your chart of accounts:
|Transaction data||List data||Other data|
|Bills and bill payments||Departments||Intuit Payroll info backs up as journal entries|
|Credit memos||Employees (except their SSN)||Inventory shrinkage and adjustments back up as journal entries|
|Journal entries||Journal codes (France only)|
|Purchases and purchase orders||Payment methods|
|Refund receipts||Tax agencies|
|Time activities||Tax codes and tax rates|
Learn What Data isn’t Backed Up
Well, it’s important for you to know that there’s some data that can’t be backed up. However, as this data is non-posting, it won’t affect your accounts:
- QuickBooks Online Payments info
- Customer types and price rules
- Delayed credits and charges (although associated invoice are backed up)
- Recurring transactions
- Bank feeds and their links to transactions, bank rules, and
- Reconciliation reports
- Account-based billable expenses
- Item-based billable expenses with markup
- Custom reports
- Custom form templates
- Audit log entries
How To Backup QuickBooks Online?
Here, we have mentioned the steps by following which you would be able to backup QuickBooks Online:
Step 1: Turn on Automatic Backups
Follow the below-given steps to backup QuickBooks Online automatically.
- Sign in to the QuickBooks Online as an admin.
- Go to Settings and then select Back up company option followed by Add a Company.
- Further, select the company file that you want to connect to and then, follow the onscreen instructions to connect to the application.
- Click on Enable backup once you have connected your company file.
This turns on automatic continuous, automatic backups. Therefore, whenever you add your company file, your data is backed up automatically every 5 – 10 minutes after you make new changes. Along with that, it also runs daily scheduled backups.
Step 2: Do Manual Backups or Save Backups to External Application
A: Save a One-time Manual Backup
Many times, due to unforeseen circumstances there might come a point where we would have to save everything in the middle of the project. Don’t worry! You can do that by manually backing up your data anytime:
- Sign in to the QuickBooks Online and then, go to Settings.
- From there, select the Backup company option.
- Go to the main menu and select the Backup option followed by New Manual Backup.
- After that, select the company file you want to manually backup.
- From the Backup Type dropdown, select Incremental, Full, or Complete.
Note: With the Incremental option, you would only be able to save changes since your last backup. However, Full saves your financial data and Complete saves everything, including your company data.
- At last, click on the Request backup option.
B: Save and Schedule Backups to DropBox or Google
There’s also an option to save backups to DropBox or Google Drive. But, for that, you have to first link your accounts to set everything up:
- Sign in to the QuickBooks Online Advanced as an administrator and then, go to Settings.
- There, select the Backup company option.
- Select Local Backup from the menu followed by Link a Service option and Link Google Drive or Link DropBox.
- Lastly, follow the steps that appear on your screen to allow QuickBooks to create the backups.
C: Now, Save a Backup to DropBox or Google:
- From the menu, select Local Backup option followed by New Local Backup Schedule.
- In the Company field, select the company file you want to backup.
- In the Frequency field, select Once to save a single backup now. Moreover, you can select Monthly, Weekly, or Daily to schedule automatic backups.
- In the Service section, select Dropbox or Google.
- When ready, select Create Local Backup Schedule.
Step 3: Restore your Accounting Data
Whenever you begin to restore your company data, the Online Backup and Restore application can restore your data from a specific time or date.
- Sign in to the QuickBooks Online Advanced as an administrator and then, go to Settings and select Backup company option.
- From the menu, select Restore followed by New Restore.
- In the Company dropdown, select the company you want to overwrite and restore accounting data to.
- In the Restore to dropdown, select the time and date you want to restore to.
- When ready, select Create Restore, then select Restore to confirm.
- Depending on the amount of data it might take around 5- 10 minutes to nearly an hour.
Let Our Experts Help You With Online Data Backup!
Hopefully the above given steps would have helped you backup QuickBooks Online without much trouble. If you need any further assistance, we would suggest you get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.