QuickBooks developers understand the need for accessibility and offer an option to backup QuickBooks to a flash drive so that you can transfer your data easily if required. Companies love this option for multiple benefits it offers, such as:-
- Make transferring data from an old computer to a new one easier.
- Keep your company data protected in case there is an issue with your QBD Application.
- Make it easier to carry your company file data.
If you want to backup QuickBooks to Flash drive and are looking for some technical assistance, You can reach out to our experts at our Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942 and they will guide you in all possible manners.
How to Backup QuickBooks to Flash Drive in the Desktop Version?
The process to backup QuickBooks files to Flash drive is easy and requires you to go through the options tab. Follow this step by step guide:-
- Insert a flash drive into your system.
- Now Run the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Open your company file.
- Tap on the File menu.
- Choose Create Backup from the list of options.
- Now select the Local Backup Option.
- Click on Options.
- Browse through the folders on your system and select the flash drive which you want to use for Backup.
- Click on OK after selecting the flash drive.
- Select the Save the Backup Now option and click on save.
How to Backup QuickBooks Online to Flash Drive?
You need to follow a different course of steps in order to backup QuickBooks online to flash drive. Here is a guide you need to follow:-
- Tap on the Gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Export Data from the list of options.
- A message may appear on your screen stating- “IMPORTANT: Before you can perform either of the tasks below, you must install an ActiveX control.”
- Move on to the next step if this message does not pop up.
- The message does appear, but below that a ticker says “ActiveX control successfully installed.” Move on to the next step.
- If the message appears with an Install button below, tap on the Install button and finish installing Active X installation. Then move on to the next step.
- Now scroll down and select Create a local Copy and then tap on the link for Local Copy Interview.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions. Once a local copy is created, you can download it and store it on your system or move it to a Flash drive.
- Click the option available on your home screen that says, “ Download the company file created on …..”
Note:- The link that you created will expire in 10 days, and then you will have to follow the steps mentioned above again.
- Tap on “I’m creating a local copy to keep on my computer. “
- Click on Download.
- A new window will open. Select your flash drive as a location to save data.
- Tap on save.
There are certain things you need to know while backing up QuickBooks Online to flash drive that you created:-
- This file won’t work in an offline mode, and you can’t make any change in your local copy and then move it back onto QuickBooks Online company.
- You can’t use this file as a snapshot in order to restore your data into QuickBooks Online for the future.
- It is not possible to import it directly into the QuickBooks desktop Application. If the data is supposed to be utilised in QuickBooks desktop, select “Export to QuickBooks desktop edition” instead of “Create a local copy.”
- This file will include all the major information but will not include total information.
Get Experts help to Backup QuickBooks Online to Flash Drive!
So these are the methods to backup QuickBooks to flash drive in the Desktop application and online version. We discussed all the things you need to take into account. In case you find any difficulty in understanding what we mentioned above, we will advise you to reach out to our staff, and give us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.