Are you stuck with the error that your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed or expired? Don’t panic! It won’t damage your business data. In general, a temporary license is offered to the users to access the QB application. When QB fails to verify your subscription, it pops up an error message “Oh no! It seems your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed for some reason.” Due to this, you won’t be able to install the updates of the QuickBooks desktop application. Thus, you need to eliminate QuickBooks Enterprise Subscription has lapsed error message at the earliest. But before that, it would be beneficial if you get aware of the possible reasons that trigger it.
Why is QuickBooks saying that My Subscription is Expired? Get answers to all such queries by getting in touch with our experts. Place a call on our Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.
Main Reasons Behind QuickBooks Desktop Subscription Has Lapsed Error
Several reasons such as a damaged product registration file can trigger the issue; it seems your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed for some reason. Below we have mentioned some of the other reasons as well:
- QuickBooks Desktop Subscription has Lapsed and can take place when you fail to update your credit card information.
- You might face difficulty in verifying the subscription in QuickBooks due to installation errors.
- QuickBooks fails to renew your subscription due to an outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop application.
- If you don’t have an active QB Subscription then you might get sorry we need to verify your subscription before installing quickbooks issue as well.
- Another reason is an issue in the network connectivity that occurs due to misconfigured internet browsers.
Steps To Fix Issue It Seems Your QuickBooks Subscription Has Lapsed For Some Reason
Below we have listed some of the effective troubleshooting methods that can help you resolve the QuickBooks Subscription Has Lapsed error:
Solution 1: Update the Billing Information or Credit Card Information in CAMPS.
At times, you fail to update the payment details after making changes in the business credit cards or accounts. And thus, it might result in it seems your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed for some reason or unable to renew QB Subscription. Therefore, follow the below-given steps to update the payment details:
- In the first place, sign in as an admin user into the Customer Account Management Portal (CAMPS).
- Then, select the version of your QuickBooks Desktop you are currently using from your products and services.
- Now, click on the Edit option from the Billing Information section.
- Further, update your payment information and click on Save followed by Close when done.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and go to the Help menu.
- From there, click on the Manage My License option, followed by Sync License Data Online.
Solution 2: Install the Recent Updates of QuickBooks Desktop Software
As discussed, you might end up with sorry we need to verify your subscription before updating QuickBooks due to the outdated QuickBooks desktop application. Thus, it’s essential to install the latest QuickBooks updates, as apart from resolving minor application issues it makes your work efficient.
- Open the QuickBooks application and then, go to the Help menu.
- From there, click on Update QuickBooks Desktop and it will take you to the Update QuickBooks window.
- Go to the Update Now tab and make sure to select the following options: Essentials, New Features, Maintenance Releases, Help, and Accountant.
- Click on the Get Updates option and restart QuickBooks once you have installed all the required updates.
- Further, click on Install Now when the prompt appears asking for permission to install the updates.
- Once you have installed the updates, run QuickBooks and try to access the company file to check the error status.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If you’re getting sorry we need to verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks, In such a Scenerio, QuickBooks Desktop might not be able to avail of the online services due to damage in the Windows file. In that case, you have to download, install and utilize the QB Tool Hub. From there, select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to rectify it seems your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed for some reason error that is restricting QuickBooks to verify your subscription.
- Firstly, you have to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click on the Windows icon and search for Tool Hub to run it.
- From within the tool, go to the Installation Issues tab and click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Run the diagnostic tool and repair the installation errors by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Once the installation errors are resolved, try to run the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Solution 4: Restore Your Product and License File
QuickBooks Desktop saves your product and license info in the product registration file on your hard drive while you renew your QuickBooks subscription. If there’s an issue with that, you won’t be able to access it. Thus, you need to restore the damaged file by following the below-given steps:
- You must get your product and license information handy. If in case, you don’t have it, then follow the below-given steps:
- Now, close the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click on the Windows icon and type Run in the search box. Then, select the Run option.
- Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the text space and press the Enter key. If it doesn’t open your folder, then, enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 instead.
- Search and right-click on the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. Then, select the Delete option and click on Yes to confirm it.
- Further, open the QuickBooks Desktop application and your company file.
- Lastly, register QuickBooks with your product and license info by following the on-screen instructions.
Facing ‘Quickbooks Company File in use please wait’ Issue? To read How to Solve this Error, Click Here.
Solution 5: Manually Disabling the Firewall
You can try to disable the firewall or antivirus software manually by following the below-mentioned steps to fix it seems your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed for some reason issue:
- Firstly, you have to disable the firewall and then, turn off the antivirus software.
Note: One must know that the antivirus software cannot be disabled and thus, others need certain rights to make changes.
- Search and right-click on the third-party antivirus icon and then click on disable.
- Lastly, install the QuickBooks desktop application.
Solution 6: Installing the Digital Certificates
Follow the below-given steps to install certificates using Google chrome:
- Visit https://ratable.qbdt.intuit.com in the first place.
- Then, choose the padlock symbol from the address bar.
- Select the Symantec Class 3 secure server CA- G4 item from the certification path tab.
- Now, choose the view certificate option followed by the install certificate.
- Once done, follow the default options to import. It will prompt a window with successful import on the screen, click on OK.
- Lastly, close the certificate windows and try installing it again.
Steps to install certificates using the Internet Explorer
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to complete the installation and import.
- Go to the tools menu and click on internet options.
- After that, go to the content tab and select the certificates option.
- Navigate to the intermediate certification authorities tab and select the Symantec class 3 server CA-G4.
- Click on the view certificate option followed by install.
- At last, try to install or update the certificate once again.
Solution 7: Check your Internet Connection Settings
If you still face the QuickBooks subscription has lapsed error, then you need to check your internet connection settings in QuickBooks. Also, configure your internet connection settings so that QB can easily connect with all online services.
Solution 8: Delete QuickBooks EntitlementDataStore.ecml File to fix subscription lapsed in QuickBooks desktop
ECML file stores the product registration information, and if by chance this file gets corrupted, QB can not read the file to verify your subscription to the product. Thus, deleting the file will force QB to create a new file and will resolve the error.
- First, exit the QuickBooks Desktop, click right on the Taskbar, and then choose Task Manager.
- Then click right on the QBW32.exe file under the Process tab and then select the End Proces Tree.
- After that, click Yes for the confirmation and then open Windows File Manager.
- Then go to the C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v folder and then delete the Entitlement Data Store. ecml file.
- Lastly, reopen QuickBooks and re-register the application without delay.
Need Help With QuickBooks subscription error!
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve the issue, it seems your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed for some reason without any hassle. If any query persists, we would suggest you give us a call on our QuickBooks Error Support Toll-Free Number +1(855)-955-1942 and we’ll help you with the QuickBooks subscription error.
QB Subscription Lapsed FAQs
If in case, you cancel the QuickBooks Online subscription during the trial period or if your trial expires, then, your data will be available in read-only access for 1 year from the date of cancellation. However, your account will be suspended after the 14-day grace period if you won’t renew your QB Subscription.
To Renew QuickBooks Subscription, You Need to Go to the Gear > Account and settings. After that, click on the Billing & Subscription tab. and at last Go to the QuickBooks section and select the Subscribe or Renew button.
Yes, if you have taken a subscription that has a validity of one year, then you have renewed the subscription for further use. Alternatively, you can take a plan with more validity and save some money.
Well, there is no such way that allows you to pause your subscription. All you can do is cancel it. But, your data is kept saved for 12 months from the day of cancellation, and after that, it is deleted.