QuickBooks Desktop is a robust accounting application, yet its users frequently face issues while updating, repairing, installing, or launching the application. Most of these errors can be easily resolved, but a few can make it difficult for you to handle them. One such error is QuickBooks Installation Error 1334, which appears because of the damaged installation files. The error causes the application to crash and thus can affect your data files. So, it is important to fix QuickBooks Error 1334 as early as possible.
In this blog, we will explore the possible causes of this QB Error Code 1334 and provide step-by-step instructions on how to fix it.
What is the QuickBooks Installation Error 1334?
QuickBooks error code 1334 appears when downloading or installing the updates for the QB application. IT mostly appears if the download process gets interrupted in the middle because of the damaged .NET framework. It is a file required to install, update, and repair the QB Desktop. The QuickBooks error message 1334 may appear as follows:
“Error 1334. The file cannot be installed. Insert the QuickBooks CD and retry.”
“Error 1334. The file [filename] cannot be installed because it cannot be found in the cabinet file [filename].”
The error can be frustrating to encounter. However, it can easily be resolved by performing some technical steps. So let us move on to the next part of the blog.
What are the Signs to Identify QuickBooks Installation Error 1334?
One of the major identifiers for the error code 1334 is its warning message appearing on the screen. The other few signs that can help you identify the error code 1334 when launching the QuickBooks Desktop application are as follows:
- Your system freezes frequently.
- The Windows operating system runs very slowly.
- An error message saying “Error 1334: The File Can not be installed” appears on the screen.
- Your Windows operating system responds slowly to the inputs of the keyboard and mouse.
- Your QuickBooks application crashes when opening, or QB has stopped working at all.
What are the Factors that Trigger QuickBooks Installation Error 1334?
As discussed above, QuickBooks Desktop Pro Error 1334 gets triggered by the damaged or corrupted Windows component files or the QB Desktop installation file. The other possible reasons are discussed below:
- Having corrupted or damaged QB Desktop installation file.
- Windows Registry errors can also trigger the error code 1334.
- Interrupted installation of QuickBooks Desktop is also a reason.
- If you have an incorrect QB Company file extension, then the error may show up on the screen.
When Can QuickBooks Repair Error 1334 Occur?
The users have reported facing the QB error code 1334 on different instances. Some of the possible occasions when you can face the error are as follows:
- While you start your Windows.
- When you are shutting down your Windows.
- It may appear during the installation of QB.
- It may also appear while opening the Desktop application.
- You may face this error anytime while working on the QB application.
How to Fix QuickBooks Installation Error 1334?
Once you have understood when you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 1334, it is easy for you to follow the troubleshooting solutions. The error has different solutions depending on the factor that triggers it and the time you are getting the error. So, let us go through the solutions one by one:
Facing Error While Opening the Application
If you face the error 1334 while opening the QuickBooks application, then you need to perform the steps given below:
Method 1: Check Your QuickBooks File Extension
- First, go to your QB folder and locate and open the QB company file.
- Now, check the file extension for your company file. It should be like company .qbw file.
- If you find the company file has a different extension, then click right on it and choose Rename.
- Remove the incorrect extension and name it correctly with the .qbw extension.
- Now, click twice on the company file extension and open it.
Facing Error While Updating or Repairing QuickBooks
If you are facing QuickBooks Installation Error 1334 while updating or repairing the QB application, then doing a clean installation of the QB application can help you to fix it.
Method 1: Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to do a clean installation of the app
QuickBooks Clean Installation can help users to install a fresh copy of the QB application without any trace of the previous installation. Thus, this helps to resolve the errors that appear due to corrupted QB installation. So, follow the instructions given below to clean install your QB Desktop.
- First, open the official Intuit website and look for the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, download the tool from an authentic link and run the set-up file to begin the installation process.
- After this, follow the instructions and complete the installation of the application. Now, run the Tool Hub application from its icon on the desktop.
- When the tool hub application opens, go to the Installation Issues option and choose the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to run the clean installation process.
- Complete the installation process by following the instructions and then re-install the QB application with a new installer file.
- Here, you will be required to register your QB with your product registration information.
Method 2: Uninstall QuickBooks manually and Rename the Installation Folder
Alternatively, you can follow the steps given here to uninstall and reinstall the QB application.
- The first step is to remove the QuickBooks application again.
- Then, you need to display the hidden files in the folder.
- For this, open the Windows Start menu and search for and open the File Explorer.
- Now, you have to find the folder that has your company file. You will get this QB folder in one of the following locations:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- You have to click right on this folder and choose the Rename option.
- Now, add the word old at the end. This step will prevent QB from opening this folder again after you reinstall it.
- Now, the last step is to reinstall the QB application.
Sometimes you can get an access error message while you rename the folder. In such case, follow the steps given here:
- Click right on the Windows Taskbar and choose the Task Manager option.
- Now, go to the Processes tab and select the Name column to sort the list.
- After that, hit the End Process button for the following processes: QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, and Qbw32.exe.
- When you get the warning message saying, “Terminating a process can cause undesired results...” hit Yes.
Facing Error While Installing the QuickBooks Application
If you get the error code 1334 while installing QuickBooks, then your need to use the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool and repair the damaged Microsoft components. So, follow the methods given below:
Method 1: Repair the .Net Framework
Perform the below-given steps on Windows 10,8.1 and 8 to repair the Microsoft .Net framework.
Step 1: Repair or Reinstall the Microsoft .Net framework
- First of all, close all the applications opened on the system.
- Then for the next step, open the Windows Start menu.
- After that, enter the word Control Panel in the search box and open it.
- Then, you need to move to the Programs and Features tab.
- Now, choose the Uninstall a program tab.
- Again turn the Windows features on and off.
- Look for the .Net framework file.
- For the next step, you have to check the settings for both the files: .net framework 4.5 and .Net framework 3.5 SP1.
Step 2: Check the .Net Framework 4.5
If you find the checkbox for .Net framework 4.5 is not checked in the above step, then you need to perform the below-given steps:
- First, click on the checkbox next to .Net framework 4.5 to turn it on.
- Then, click on the OK button to save the changes.
- And lastly, restart the system.
However, if the checkbox is already checked, then perform the below-given steps:
- Go to the checkbox beside .net framework 4.5 and select it to turn off framework 4.5.
- Remember, you do not have to turn it back on.
- After that, select the OK button to save the changes.
- Reboot your system and turn on the .Net framework 4.5 again.
Step 3: Check the .Net framework 3.5 SP1
- You need to click the checkbox and turn off the .net framework 3.5 SP1. Do not turn it on for now.
- Now, hit the OK button to save the changes.
- Once done with it, reboot your system.
- Then again, sign in to the Windows and turn on the .net framework 3.5 SP1 again.
- If you get an error while turning the framework on or off, contact our support team for instant resolution.
Method 2: Add or Remove the Program
- Press the Windows key and type the word MSConfig in the search box.
- Now, from the Boot tab, select the Safe Boot option followed by Network.
- Now, hit OK and tap the Restart button.
- Then, allow your PC to start in Safe Mode.
- Now, you can run the QuickBooks application without any obstruction.
- So, now as you open the QB Desktop, go to its Help menu.
- Here, choose the option to update QuickBooks and allow it to run the required updates.
- Then, go back to the Start menu and again type MSConfig.
- This time, deselect the Safe Mode option and restart your computer.
- After the system reboots in normal mode, open the application and install the updates that pop up on the screen.
- Let the update process complete and then check for the error code 1334.
Method 3: Manually Resolve the QuickBooks Installation Error 1334
- First, log in to your system as an administrator.
- Then, choose the Accessories and Programs options.
- Now, click on the System Tools, and from the preferences available, click on the Restore button.
- After this, choose the option to Restore my PC with an earlier date.
- Now, you have to move ahead according to the displayed instructions.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, opt for the Restoration Point list option. Here you can view all the options and choose the latest restore within the displayed window.
- Lastly, restart your system and check for the status of error 1334.
To Sum Up
Hopefully, the methods given above are enough for you to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Installation Error 1334. However, remember the solutions for this error are different based on the time you encounter the error message 1334. So, follow the processes keeping this in mind. And if you face any difficulty, we recommend you connect with an expert to get it resolved. Call the Toll-free number, +1-(855)-955-1942 and get connected to the experts at Data Service Solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use the QB Install Diagnostic Tool to fix the QuickBooks Install Error 1334. But make sure to back up your company files first and keep your license and product information handy, as you will need them later.
If you have got the error code 1334 just while installing the QuickBooks application, then repair your Microsoft .Net framework. You can connect with our experts by placing a call at our Toll-free number for further assistance.
You can immediately uninstall and reinstall your QuickBooks software again as soon as you get the error message 1334. But make sure to create a backup file before doing this, as you will be required to utilize it after installing the latest version of QuickBooks.