There are various instances such as when trying to save, edit or even void an invoice, while trying to adjust a payment or while changing bank account types that may result in QuickBooks’ something’s not quite right error message. When it takes place, an error message displays on your screen stating:
"Something's not quite right Unexpected problem"
However, another error message also comes in while using the QuickBooks Online application for Windows/Mac. It reads as:
"Something’s not quite right Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0"
In such a situation, you can try accessing your account via a private browser (incognito). It will help you know if the error has something to do with the browser you are/aren’t using. Here’s how you can do so:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + N (Google Chrome)
- Ctrl + Shift + P (Firefox)
- Control + Option + P (Safari)
Don’t panic if that doesn’t help you fix your issue. You can try following the below-mentioned methods as well. But before that, you must get well-versed with the possible reasons that evoke this error. We have covered all such causes in the next section of this blog.
Do you need immediate assistance to resolve issues that restrict you from completing your everyday business tasks? Well, in that case, we would recommend you to get in touch with our experts by dialling our Toll-Free Number +1(855)-955-1942.
When Does Something’s Not Quite Right In QuickBooks Online Issue Occurs?
As mentioned, the issue of something’s not quite right in QuickBooks online can take place due to several reasons. Here, we have covered all the possible reasons:
- The error QuickBooks something’s not quite right may take place when trying to save , edit or even void an invoice
- It also occurs when trying to adjust a payment.
- Another reason is when the session has timed out and the application wants you to log in again, but instead of saying that, it gives this error.
- You might end up with this error while changing account types.
- It takes place due to stored Internet files i.e. cache and cookies.
Here’s How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Something’s Not Quite Right Error Message
Below we have mentioned some of the common troubleshooting methods by following which you may resolve the QuickBooks something’s not Quite right error:
Note: Make sure that you’re using the most recent version of the QuickBooks application. However, you may check for the updates from the Help menu. There, click on Check for updates option, and then install any that are available.
Solution 1: Try Clearing Out Your Browser’s Cache & Cookies
If you’re using a browser to access QuickBooks Online and you receive this error ‘QuickBooks something’s not quite right, try clearing the cache and cookies. These are the stored Internet files that build up over time.
Steps to Clear Cache & Cookies in Google Chrome Browser
- Open Google Chrome.
- Then, click the button with the three horizontal lines/dots (below the X button).
- Now, go to Settings and click the Clear Browsing Data option under the Privacy and security section.
- However, you need to make sure that Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data are checked and that the time range is set to All time.
- Lastly, click on the Clear browsing data option.
Steps to Clear Cache & Cookies in Apple’s Safari Browser
- Open Safari and then, click on Safari in the menu bar.
- After that, click on Reset Safari.
- Make sure that Remove All Website Data is checked
- At last, click on Reset
Solution 2: Try using an Incognito window in Google Chrome
You can also try using an incognito window (i.e. a private browsing mode) in Google Chrome to fix the QuickBooks something is not quite right error. If you don’t want your activity to be remembered by Google Chrome, you can browse the web in Incognito mode (Privately).
- At first, Open Chrome, On your computer.
- Click More, At the top right and then New Incognito Window.
- A new window will appear. You have to Check for the Incognito icon (In the top corner).
- There is also a keyboard shortcut available. To open an Incognito window:
- For Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.
- For Mac: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.
Solution 3: Reset the QuickBooks Application data
Another way to troubleshoot the QuickBooks something’s not quite right issue is to use the Reset App Data option. It doesn’t impact the saved data in your QuickBooks. All it does is give the application an overall refresh to get things back in working order.
- Click on the Windows icon and go to Settings and click on System.
- After that, select the App and features option from the System Settings window.
- It will open the application settings section on the right. For example: Select Xbox application to reset the data. It will open the Xbox settings window. Here, go to advanced options for resetting the data.
- Lastly, click on the Reset option. This will reset the data of the application.
Contact an Expert To Get Rid of Something’s Not Quite Right Issue!
We hope the above-listed solutions would have helped you resolve the QuickBooks something’s not quite right issue without much trouble. However, if you’re stuck with the same issue even after implementing the above solutions and need assistance to fix it, then, you must reach our experts instantly. Give us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942 and get your QB related query fixed.