QuickBooks is an application that has accomplished major milestones in the field of automated accounting and bookkeeping software. However, there are a few limitations attached to QuickBooks that you cannot ignore anyhow. If you have bumped into QuickBooks Something’s Not Quite Right Error while opening the accountant center, then you have come to the right article. The accountant center is a section where all the personal information of your clients, vendors, employees, and customers is kept safe. Similarly, users have reported that at the time of accessing the help center, this issue is seen that automatically closes the QB program. One of the reasons that might set off this frustrating error message is when you process crucial payments but mistakenly select an inappropriate or wrong account through which you are trying to process it. Rectifying this issue is essential if you don’t want to inherit losses, as this error is primarily faced in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. Therefore, we have curated some practical solutions for both of them. So, keep reading and unravel the layers to eliminate Something’s Not Quite Right Unexpected Token ‘<‘, ” Error.
"Something’s not quite right Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0"
Do you need immediate assistance to eradicate issues restricting you from completing your everyday business tasks? Well, in that case, we would recommend you to get in touch with our experts by dialing our Toll-Free Number +1(855)-955-1942.
You May Also Read: Resolve Common QuickBooks display issues
When Does Something’s Not Quite Right In QuickBooks Online Issue Occur?
As mentioned, the issue in QuickBooks Online can take place due to several reasons. Here, we have covered all the possible bases:
- The error QuickBooks Desktop Something’s Not Quite Right may take place when trying to save, edit, or even void an invoice
- It also occurs when trying to add a payment to an incorrect account.
- Another reason is when the session has timed out, and the application wants you to log in again, but instead of saying that, it gives this error.
- You may have this error while changing account types.
- It occurs due to stored Internet files, i.e., cache and cookies.
Significant Pointers Before You Attempt to Modify These Four Accounts
If you witnessed the error message saying: QuickBooks something’s not right, we’re unable to complete your request as it nullifies your given command in QB. In this case, you have to make modifications to rectify the issue. However, there are a few account types that you cannot touch or have conditions attached while modifying the account type. You must focus on the four crucial default accounts before fixing the issue.
Automatically Created Account
If QuickBooks has created an account automatically, you cannot modify these accounts. Accounts serving specific purposes, for instance, Payroll expense, Purchase orders or Retained earnings, Inventory assets, and Opening Balance Equity.
Sub-accounts Part of the Parent Account
The type of the sub-account must be identical to the type of the parent account. If you attempt to modify the sub-account, you might trigger something’s not quite right to select an account for this transaction error. However, you can delete the sub-account under the parent directory & then change it. But note that as you subsequently modify the sub-account, don’t add it to the same parent account.
Account Receivable (A/R) and Account Payable (A/P) Accounts
The purpose of Account Receivable and Account Payable is pre-defined in the QuickBooks software and should not be changed in any circumstance. Additionally, you do not have permission to modify these account types as a user.
Un-deposited Funds Account
Suppose you are getting this error due to transactions for payments, deposits, and checks that need un-deposited funds or cash. Then, the account type is not to be changed. However, there is one way where you choose and alter the transactions that are provoking this issue and add them to a different cash account.
Removing Something’s Not Quite Right Error Message from QuickBooks Online
Below, we have mentioned some of the standard troubleshooting methods following which you may resolve the QuickBooks something’s not quite right error:
Note: Make sure you’re using the most recent version of the QuickBooks application. However, you may check for updates from the Help menu. There, click on the Check for updates option, then install any available.
Solution 1: Try Clearing Out Your Browser’s Cache & Cookies
If you’re using a browser to access QuickBooks Online and receive this error ‘QuickBooks, something’s wrong. We’re unable to complete your request right; try clearing the cache and cookies. These are the stored Internet files that build up over time.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Then, click the button with the three horizontal lines/dots (below the X button).
- Now, go to Settings and click the Clear Browsing Data option under the Privacy and security section.
- However, you need to make sure that Cached images and files, Cookies, and other site data are checked and that the time range is set to All Times.
- Lastly, click on the Clear browsing data option.
- Open Safari and then click on Safari in the menu bar.
- After that, click on Reset Safari.
- Make sure that Remove All Website Data is checked
- At last, click on Reset
Solution 2: Try using an Incognito window in Google Chrome
You can also try using an incognito window (i.e., a private browsing mode) in Google Chrome to fix the QuickBooks something is not quite right error. If you don’t want your activity to be remembered by Google Chrome, you can browse the web in Incognito mode (Privately).
- First, Open Chrome on your computer.
- Click More At the top right and then New Incognito Window.
- A new window will appear. You have to Check for the Incognito icon (In the top corner).
- There is also a keyboard shortcut available. To open an Incognito window
- For Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.
- For Mac: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.
Solution 3: Reset the QuickBooks Application data
Another way to troubleshoot QuickBooks is to use the Reset App Data option if something’s not quite right unexpected token ‘<‘, “issue. It doesn’t impact the saved data in your QuickBooks. All it does is give the application an overall refresh to get things back in working order.
- Click on the Windows icon, go to Settings, and click on System.
- After that, select the App and Features option from the System Settings window.
- It will open the application settings section on the right. For example, Select the Xbox application to reset the data. It will open the Xbox settings window. Here, go to advanced options for resetting the data.
- Lastly, click on the Reset option. This will reset the data of the application.
Removing Something’s Not Right Error from QuickBooks Desktop
The following are the solutions presented to all QB users wanting to resolve the issue in QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 1: Resetting the QB Desktop Updates
This solution will fix the issues on the QuickBooks Desktop program and keep it up to date.
- As you launch the QuickBooks application, choose the Help tab.
- Under the Help tab, click on the option to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Post that, choose the Update Now tab, & tick mark the box against Reset Updates.
- Proceed & click on the Get Updates option. As the downloading process is done, exit from the QB Desktop and re-launch it.
- Now, again, choose the option to Update QuickBooks Desktop from the Help tab.
- Further, click on the Overview tab & select the Update Now option.
Note: As the above steps are completed again, close and reopen the QB software as an admin. For this, you have to click on the Stat tab, type QuickBooks, and then, by right-clicking on the QB Desktop icon, select the option to Run as Administrator. This action will give you admin permissions that help install the latest updates.
Solution 2: Utilize the Verify and Rebuild Utility Tool to Fix the Company Data
QuickBooks Rebuild data tool automatically detects the problems within a company file and then self-resolves them.
- Begin with closing all the applications running on the Windows OS.
- Then, open the QB Desktop and select the File menu from the top left side panel in the application.
- Choose the Utilities option and click on the option to Verify Data.
- Now, if the QB does not find any problems, it means the issue is not with the company file.
- But, if the QB finds data that has lost its integrity, then you have to Rebuild the damaged data.
- Now, again proceed and click the File menu & choose the Utilities option under it.
- Post that, choose the Rebuild data option.
- Before you rebuild the data, QB will ask you to make a backup of the data & save it on the system. Remember not to replace the already created backup file; give a new name to the recent backup file, and click on Save.
- Lastly, as you see the Rebuild data message, choose OK.
Solution 3: Running the QB Install Diagnostic Tool under the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Start the process by downloading the QB Tool Hub. As you download it from the Intuit website, it will be saved in the system in the form of a file. Always try to save the file on the desktop or in C Drive, as it can be easily located.
- Then, as you locate the file for QuickBooksToolHub.exe, open it after you double-click it.
- Install the QB Tool hub; open it by double-clicking the icon from the desktop.
- However, if you do not see the icon, click on the Stat tab, type QuickBooks Tool Hub, and select it from there.
- Post launching the Tool Hub, click on the option that says Program Problems.
- Afterward, choose QB Install Diagnostic Tool to run it. Give some time to the tool to run & scan the problems.
- Reboot your PC & restart the QB application in the end.
Contact an Expert To Get Rid of Something’s Not Quite Right Issue!
QuickBooks Something’s Not Quite Right issue is provoked by multiple actions, for instance, trying to change the payment or account type and if the login time of QB is expired. So, to maintain consistency in your work, apply the above-stated troubleshooting methods to recover from the effects of this error. However, you have the option to call our technical team of professionals, as they are available for you 24/7. They will seamlessly assist you in clearing the QuickBooks error while ensuring less downtime. So, contact us at +1(855)-955-1942. Hurry up!!