While using QuickBooks you may encounter an error that prevents you from using your QuickBooks software. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6190 -816 which might occur when you try to access the company’s accounts or financial data. The error usually causes hindrances in the company’s operation. This article will help you eliminate this error.
What Do you mean by QuickBooks Error 6190 -816?
QuickBooks error 6190 can appear when multiple users are using the software in single-user mode. Also when trying to access the file simultaneously. It’s also known as a “QuickBooks file not found” error. QuickBooks error codes 6190 and 816 can restrict you from accessing your company records.
You’ll see the following error:
“QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. It may have been opened by another user. You should ask that user to switch to multi-user mode so that you can both use the company file simultaneously. This file could also be located in a read-only network folder. Error Codes: (-6190, -816)”
What causes QuickBooks Error Code 6190 -816?
QuickBooks error code 6190 -816 does not let users open a QuickBooks company file. This can happen due to numerous reasons. Check them out:
- Corruption in the company file is usually the most common reason.
- If your QuickBooks installation is incorrect, then it may affect the software.
- Using outdated QuickBooks versions.
- If the transaction Log file (TLG) and the company file do not match, you will see this error.
- Some virus or malware is affecting your system very badly.
Now that you are aware of the possible causes of QuickBooks error codes 6190 and 816, use the troubleshooting steps given below to fix them.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6190?
There are many ways to fix QuickBooks error 6190. However, the most recommended one is to use a QuickBooks file repair tool. This tool can quickly resolve the corrupt QuickBooks company file and eliminate this error. You can try to fix it by doing the following:
Resolution 1: Repair the QuickBooks File Registry
By repairing the QuickBooks File Registry, you’ll likely get rid of error code 6190. You can follow the following procedure for fixing registry files-
- Start by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard. Or you can tap on the “Start” menu at the bottom left on your device screen.
- When the search box shows up, type “Command Prompt.”
- Ensure to use “Ctrl + Shift + Enter” while the command prompt opens on your screen.
- After that, type “Regedit” in the Command Prompt Window and Enter.
- You’ll see an editor on the screen for window registry; click on the link related to QuickBooks error 6190.
- Now you can export it by clicking on the option “Export” and save it.
- As a final step, follow the prompt that you see on the screen and complete the process.
Resolution 2: Use ‘System Restore Point’ to Restore The System
- Press the ‘Windows’ key and open system restore by clicking on it..
- Now you’ll receive specific instructions on the screen.
- Follow these instructions to finish the process.
- After completing the process, restart your system.
Resolution 3: Fix .ND and .TLG file Abnormalities Manually
To ensure that the data in TLG file and QuickBooks company file is same, follow the given steps below-
- Open QuickBooks and go to the folder in which the QuickBooks company file is.
- Choose Rename from the drop-down list by right-clicking on the company file.
- Rename the Transaction Log file and Network Data.
- After this exit QuickBooks.
- Now reopen the QuickBooks and try accessing the company file again.
This step will help you access the company file and fix QuickBooks error 6190.
Resolution 4: Use QuickBooks Refresher Tool
The QuickBooks Refresher Tool proves beneficial in fixing many technical issues, including this error. You can follow the steps given below to use the tool-
- Download QuickBooks Refresher Tool on your device.
- Now double-click and open the ‘qbrefresherv1.exe’ file.
- Using Task Manager, now you need to close all the programs running in the background.
- Follow the instructions given on-screen and refresh the QuickBooks app.
- After following this process, reopen the QuickBooks company file to see if the error is still there.
If the QuickBooks error 6190 persists, try the following troubleshooting technique.
Resolution 5: Check For the Availability Of QuickBooks Update
Ensure you have all the latest updates of QuickBooks installed (if available) correctly. If so, try uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks to see if it fixes the problem.
- Press Windows or go to the Start menu.
- In the box, type “Update” and hit the “Enter” key.
- If there are any updates available on your Windows computer, install them immediately.
- After the installation, check QuickBooks Desktop is working properly.
Resolution 6: Delete the Temporary File
Sometimes junk files residing on your system can also cause QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816. Deleting these temporary files and folders can protect your computer from many errors. To clean up your device, follow these steps-
- Open the Windows search bar and type “Run” in it.
- Press the “Ctrl + R + Enter” keys simultaneously while you open the Run window.
- Now type “cleanmgr” in the Run window and hit Enter.
- A “Disk Cleanup” window will display now.
- You can select the junk file size and click “ok.”
After cleaning up your computer by removing these temporary files, restart your computer.
Need Assistance To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190!
You can find the best solutions for resolving the QuickBooks error 6190 816 above. You will get rid of this error by following these steps. But, if you still need assistance, you can contact our QuickBooks Data Service Solutions team at +1-(855)-955-1942 for professional guidance. QuickBooks Helpline service can also provide further assistance to solve your queries