Every time someone buys a new software, he/she gets a validation or license code for its activation. This code provides authentication and identification to his product. Likewise, when a user purchases the QuickBooks software, he is provided by QuickBooks Validation Code in Registry. The user has to use this Intuit QuickBooks validation code to activate his software and complete the validation process. But, if you have forgotten your Intuit QuickBooks Validation Code, you can find the Quickbooks validation code in registry with the help of this blog.
Read the complete article to know everything about the QuickBooks Validation Code in registry.
Need expert’s advice on how to fine Quickbooks Validation Code in Registry? Talk to our professionals at +1-(855)-955-1942 and get your issue resolved in minimum time.
What is the QuickBooks validation code in registry?
QuickBooks Validation Code is a license key or code which is used to validate the latest bought QuickBooks desktop software. You get the license information written on the packaging sticker when you buy the installation disk of QuickBooks Software. But if you have purchased the software online, you will get the license key through a confirmation email sent by the Customer Account Management Portal (CAMPS). This License number can also help the users if they wish to exchange or return the product.
What are the Benefits of QuickBooks Validation Code in Registry?
One of the main benefits of the Intuit QuickBooks Validation Code is that it provides authenticity to the software. The other benefits are discussed below:
- It has a code lookup for the QuickBooks desktop where a user can find all the information about its activation and installation.
- It can help you connect with a supporter via phone or email and get help in the activation.
- The QuickBooks Enterprise Validation Code provides a unique identification to your QuickBooks software.
- If you reinstall the QuickBooks software on the same system, it will automatically take the activation code.
- One single Quickbooks Enterprise Validation Code will help you activate all the services and applications associated with QuickBooks.
Instructions to register QuickBooks Validation Code in Registry
Once QuickBooks Desktop is installed, You should first register and activate the software. You can register the QuickBooks Software through various methods either by using a product code or through a validation code. Follow the given instructions to register your QuickBooks software.
- Press the Help option from the navigation bar.
- Now click on the Registration QuickBooks option.
- Choose the Begin Registration option.
- Now scroll down to the input box and enter your account number.
- If you do not have an account number, then first go to the login link and create a new account and get the account number.
- Now follow all the steps and click on the Register option.
- Enjoy your QuickBooks with the registered copy after completing all the registration steps.
Where to find the Quickbooks Enterprise Validation Code?
QBRegistration.dat is the registration file that holds all your information about the registration and QuickBooks products. To get to the QBRegistration.dat file, you can follow any of the below-mentioned steps:
- Navigate to the C:\ Program Data\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks folder.
- Go to the Windows File Explorer and look for the QBRegistration and open the file directly.
To find the QuickBooks validation code in registry, we have simplified the process for you below:
Struggling to Transfer Quickbooks to New Computer? Click here.
How to find Quickbooks Validation Code in Registry?
If you have lost your Intuit QuickBooks validation code, or are new to installing the QuickBooks software, follow the given steps to find QuickBooks License Number and Quickbooks Validation Code in Registry.
Steps to find the QuickBooks License Number in Registry:
1. Press the F2 key on the keyboard once you have opened the QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Now the Product Registration window will open, press the F3 key afterward.
3. This will prompt the Tech Help window to open.
4. Now go to the Open File tab and click on the QBRegistration.dat file from the given list.
5. If you face any issue in opening the file automatically then tap in the Notepad option from the program list and hit OK.
6. Now press the Ctrl+ F keys together and then type License Number in the search box.
7. Once you type and press Find, the text will get highlighted in the File.
8. The product license registration number will be written next to the highlighted text.
9. You can write down the license number for future reference and close the file.
10. Now you can try to re-register the application using the license number.
Still Confused? Talk to Our Professionals.
Give us a call at +1-(855)-955-1942
Steps to find QuickBooks Validation Code in Registry:
- Login to your QB account and go to the QuickBooks company file.
- Now press the F2 key and access the product registration screen.
- Press the F3 button on the keyboard and open the Help application window.
- Click on the Open tab from the top navigation bar.
- It will open the list of all the QuickBooks-related files.
- Press Ctrl+F to search for the .dat extension file then click and open the QBregistration.dat file.
- The file will open with Notepad, if it does not open automatically, you need to choose it and click to open it.
- Once the file opens, the validation code will be written along with the highlighted text.
- You can write it down and try to re-register the application using the validation code.
You can easily find the Quickbooks License number as well as QuickBooks Validation Code in Registry with these steps. However, you may face some error messages while providing the verification code for the installation of the Quickbooks software. These error messages include:
- The entered validation code is incorrect. You must once again check your validation code and enter it again.
- This service is temporarily unavailable now. Please try again later.
- You have entered the wrong license/product numbers. Please check the numbers carefully.
How to change the QuickBooks Desktop License Number?
You can easily modify the QuickBooks license number without reinstalling or uninstalling the QuickBooks desktop application. Follow the below-mentioned steps to change the QuickBooks Desktop License Number:
- First Open the QB and go to the Help menu and choose the manage my license option.
- Click on the option of Change my license number.
- Here, enter your new license number and click Next.
- At the end hit the Finish button.
- Select the manage my license option from the QuickBooks menu.
- Now click on the Deauthorize this computer option.
- A popup will prompt on your computer screen, click on the deauthorize and hit Exit.
- Now launch the QB application and complete the registration process. You will get an option to enter your license number here.
The End Note!!
Quickbooks Validation Code in Registry is one of the most important documents for the registration of your software. You can find everything about it including the steps to register your QuickBooks software, finding the Quickbooks Validation Code in Registry, and changing the license number in QB. However, if you need any kind of help, you can contact us at our toll free no +1-(855)-955-1942. Our QuickBooks experts will guide you with each step.
Frequently Asked Questions
The QuickBooks validation code is a unique key that belongs to the individual user only. No one can use the validation code for any other person. It is required to check the status of the subscription of your QuickBooks.
The validation code is used to check the status of your subscription whether it is active or not. This code is required for all sorts of services and applications of QuickBooks. Whenever you reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application on your system, it takes the activation code by itself.
Yes, activating the QuickBooks application is important. Only if the activation is done you would be able to use the QB software. And for the activation also, a unique validation code is required.