QuickBooks accounting software is used by many organizations around the world for their accounting and bookkeeping needs. It is the best and most convenient way to handle your financial data. It holds your company’s all financial data in the form of a company file. However, many times, users face issues while accessing those company files and can also face the QuickBooks error 6130. This error 6130 0 in QB is a common company file error that can be triggered for various reasons. However, it requires some easy steps to tackle this error. We have discussed here all the latest solutions to fix it, along with the reasons that trigger it.
What is QuickBooks error 6130 0: Description and Error Message
QuickBooks error 6130 0 is a runtime error that appears when a user tries to access the QB company file. The appearance of error 6130 indicates that QuickBooks couldn’t disconnect from the computer on which the QuickBooks company file is located. The error message for the QuickBooks company file error 6130 0 says that “Quickbooks error 6130: is trying to access the company file but cannot contact the database.” There are various reasons why this error gets triggered, which are given in the next part of the blog.
QuickBooks Desktop Error message 6130: Indicators that show its presence
The main indicator of any error message is the appearance of the error message on the screen. However, some other indicators can also help you sense the malfunctioning of QB Desktop even before the appearance of an error message. The indicators for the QuickBooks error 6130 include-
- When your Database Server Manager Service faces restrictions while running on your computer system.
- Frequent windows crash indicates the appearance of error 6130 0.
- Your computer screen shows the error message indicating QuickBooks error code -6130.
- Slow response of your system to mouse and keyboard.
- Freezing of the QuickBooks and System repeatedly after the short interval of time-frames.
QuickBooks Desktop Error message 6130: Possible Causes
One of the main reasons why QuickBooks Error message 6130 appears on the screen is when your company file fails to save any backup, only temporary files. There can be other reasons also that trigger the error 6130; they are as follows:
- When the QuickBooks Dekstop file is damaged or Corrupted, the error 6130 may appear.
- When QuickBooks is not properly installed on the system.
- Any virus or malware attack on the system can also lead to this error.
- Any third-party application on your system interrupts QB-related files and processes.
- Common windows registry issues can also result in the QuickBooks force fix 6130 error.
- Some of the antivirus installed on the system can also conflict with the QuickBooks Desktop and cause the QB error 6130 to appear.
Don’t know how to backup QuickBooks Desktop Company File? You can Read How to Backup QuickBooks Desktop company file.
QuickBooks Error 6130 0: Updated Solutions to fix it
There are a variety of ways in which you can treat QuickBooks Error 6130. Some of those include: Repairing the Windows registry, running QB File Doctor, Renaming some files, etc. The detailed step for these steps are mentioned below:
Solution 1: Repairing the Windows Registry to fix error 6130.
- The solution starts with clicking the Start button on the left corner of the screen.
- Then, type the word command in the search box. Remember not to press Enter yet.
- After that, press and hold the Ctrl+Shift keys on the keyboard and then press Enter.
- Once a permission dialog box appears on the screen, press Yes.
- Then, you will see a blinking dialog box on the screen.
- Here, you have to type in the word regedit and choose the Enter button” and choose the Enter button.
- Now, in the File menu, you have to select the Export option.
- Then, after that, go to the Save In list & select a particular folder where you can save the QuickBooks desktop key.
- Then go to the File Name box, and type in the name of the backup file.
- Next, go to the Export Range option box and make sure to select the Selected branch option.
- Then press the Save button.
- This file would be saved as the .reg extension file by default.
- And you will have a backup of your QuickBooks entries.
Solution 2: Run the Verify and Rebuild Utility to fix the error 6130.
This tool can help you rectify any error with your data so that you can easily access the company file.
First Step: Run Verify Utility Tool
- Open the QB application and go to the File section.
- You will find the Verify Data option under the Utilities tab.
- Let the tool work by clicking OK.
- If the Verify Data tool did not detect any problem with your data, again click OK.
- And if there is some issue with the data, click on the Rebuild tool.
Second Step: RunRebuild Utilities
- Start the same, go to the File menu followed by Utilities and then Rebuild Data.
- Then, first click OK and Save to create a backup.
- Then let the rebuild process get complete, and after that, click on View Results.
Solution 3: Rename the .ND and .TLG Files to fix the error 6130.
Both the .ND and .TLG files help the QB to run its company files on the network and in multi-user mode. However, if any of these files gets damaged or corrupted, it can cause you to face the Quickbooks company file error 6130. Thus, renaming these files can help to solve it.
- First, open the QB company file location, which would commonly be C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company File [Default Location].
- Then look for the files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- After that, click right on them and choose the Rename option.
- Then, you need to type the world .OLD at the end of the file names. For example, if the file name is CompanyName.qbw.ND, then after the modifications, it changes to CompanyName.qbw.ND.OLD and CompanyName.qbw.TLG changes to CompanyName.qbw.TLG.OLD.
- Once you have changed the name, click Yes to confirm.
Solution 4: Make Use of QuickBooks File Doctor to fix QB error 6130 0.
- First, to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub, visit the official website of Intuit, then open the downloads by pressing Ctrl+J.
- After that, in the download list, click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- Then, you need to click Yes when asked to allow this app to make changes.
- Next, click Next and install it. Again click Yes and accept the license agreement.
- Again, you need to click on Next and let the tool install. (Be patient, It will take some time).
- Once the installation completes, click on the Finish button to close the prompt.
- Check on your desktop QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will be available after installation.
- Now, open the Tool Hub and look under the Company File Issues tab; you will find the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option; click on it.
- Then, click on the Browse option and find your file.
- When you find it, select it and open it.
- Now, choose the option to Check your file and click on Continue.
- After that. Enter your file password and hit Continue once again.
Once the scan begins, give it some time to diagnose your files. The time taken to scan depends upon the size of your company file. Once the tool completes the scan, your issue will get resolved.
Method 5: Use the Disk Cleanup to Clean Out the Junk from your System.
With time, our system accumulates junk files while surfing on the web or for regular use. This cluster of junk files can make your system get slow and sluggish. It can also trigger errors like error 6130 0 and others. Thus, it is good to use Disk Cleanup to remove such junk and improve the system’s performance.
Steps to Run the Disk Cleanup Tool:
- Hit the Start button, and then type the word command in the search box. Make sure not to hit the Enter key.
- Then, first hold the Ctrl+ Shift keys together, then hit Enter.
- A permission dailog box will prompt on the screen; click Yes on it.
- Then, search the word cleanmgr and hit Enter.
- Then, the Disk Cleanup will evaluate the space occupied by the temporary files on the system and then will allow you to clean it.
- Next, you can select the categories you want to clean and then hit OK.
Method 6: Install the Available Windows Updates.
The uninstalled available Windows updates can sometimes trigger different errors in QuickBooks. So to be on the safer side, install all the latest available updates of Windows.
Steps to check the available updates for Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and Vista.
- Begin with the Start button and then by typing update in the search bar.
- A Windows Update dialog box will prompt on your screen.
- If you see any available updates, hit the Install Updates option.
The Windows operating system in which the QuickBooks Error Code 6130, 0 includes:
- Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Windows 10
- MS Windows 2000
- MS Windows ME
- Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 8
Still, there are multiple ways that you can use to tackle the QuickBooks error 6130 0. These include Restarting the Database Service for QuickBooks on the server, uninstalling & reinstalling the QuickBooks desktop application, using the Windows System Restore option to undo the recent system changes, performing a full malware scan for the system, etc. However, here we have presented you with the updated solutions to fix the QB error 6130. These solutions will help you easily fix the error. In case you need any sort of help in QuickBook, you can contact our team of QuickBooks experts by dialing +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
There can be multiple reasons why you face QuickBooks company file error 6130, including defective QB software, improper installation of QB, Windows registry error, etc.
To restart your Database Service for QB, go to the Run window and type services.msc in the open box. Then after locating the QuickBooksDBXX service, click on it and press Start from the left panel.
Yes, a complete malware scan of the system can help you identify the security threats and fix the QuickBooks error code 6130 0. These threats can damage the company file and can cause you to face error 6130. Also, enabling the autodetection and resolution feature can also prevent such issues.