As your business grows, QuickBooks allows you to expand your company file size. However, sometimes, while making changes to your file size, you may end up receiving QuickBooks Error 5502. The error is basically a sync error and happens when your sync manager doesn’t work, or your QuickBooks can not connect with your server. It emerges while you access a company file after you make any changes to your file size. And if you do not know how to deal with this Intuit Error Code 5502, you can get stuck over it forever and can even risk your data.
If you are also stuck on the same error code, do not get frustrated. Just go through the blog given here and get every tiny detail about the error code 5502.
What is meant by QuickBooks Error 5502?
QuickBooks Error 5502 is a sync error that can annoy any QB user while or after changing the company file size. The error is basically a result of the malfunctioning of the QuickBooks sync manager. The QuickBooks error message 5502 that strikes the screen upon ending up on this error says,
|“QuickBooks data has been uploaded, but failed to connect via the server”|
|“Sync is not completed properly”|
Various reasons can trigger this issue, so we will dive deep into them in the next section and troubleshoot the error accordingly.
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Desktop Error 5502?
The main reason behind error 5502 is an issue occurring while syncing your QuickBooks data with the Intuit online services. Some of the common causes behind this error are as follows:
- Facing disconnection between the workstations and the server system.
- Having the company file, which is large in size or has more characters in its name, can trigger this QuickBooks error 5502.
- Not having correct extensions with the company file can also trigger this error code 5502.
- The damage to the company file data can also become a leading cause.
- If your company file is stored on an external device or cloud software, then also you may face this issue.
- If your QuickBooks Sync Manager is not functioning properly, then it may result in desktop error code 5502 in QB.
- If any third party is interfering with the syncing process of QB, then it may result in Intuit Error Code 5502.
- Renaming your file during the expansion can also cause this particular error.
- A weak internet connection while syncing the data can also cause the QuickBooks error code 5502 to appear on the screen.
- A malware or virus attack on the system may also affect QuickBooks files and result in error 5502.
- Sometimes, you can upload the company file successfully. However, the error code 5502 emerges while downloading the changes. It is because a third party that is connected with QB modifies the data.
- Certain technical issues with the online services can also result in the QuickBooks Sync error 5502.
What are the Signs for QuickBooks Error 5502?
When encountering Error 5502, you may experience the following symptoms:
- You will get the error message “QuickBooks Error 5502” on the screen.
- The active program window crashes.
- Your computer frequently hangs or crashes while running QuickBooks.
- The performance of your computer slows down.
- QuickBooks crashes while connecting to the server.
What are the Methods to Resolve the Intuit Error Code 5502?
After you have understood the factors that might be triggering the error code 5502 in your system, then you proceed ahead with the methods to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Create a New folder and Copy your Company file onto it
- Firstly, you need to Create and Open a New folder on the system and name it as Test folder.
- Then copy and paste your company file into the created folder.
- Then Rename it & try to change its extension to QBM, and save the file.
- After that, open your QuickBooks application and restore all of your portable files.
- Now, if your file does not open, again rename the extension of the file.
- And then restore all of your backups.
- Now, press and hold Ctrl key on the keyboard and click twice on the QuickBooks icon.
- Now, do not release the key till you get the No Company Open window on the screen.
- Then, select the Open or Restore an existing company option.
- Now, browse your company file and open it from the Test folder.
- And once the file gets opened, change its extension back to .qbw and then repeat the same process.
Solution 2: Rename the QuickBooks .ND and .TLG files
The second solution for this Intuit error code 5502, is to rename the .ND and .TLG files related to your QB company file. The steps to rename the file are as follows:
- First, open the folder having your company file.
- Then, you need to locate the files having the same names as your company file but with the .ND and .TLG extensions.
- After that, click right on these files and choose the Rename option.
- Then, add the word .old at the end of the file name, like CompanyFile.ND.OLD and CompanyFile.TLG.OLD.
- Lastly, restart the QB application and then try to sync your data again with the QuickBooks database server manager.
Solution 3: Utilize the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager helps users to access the company file in the multi-user mode over the network. It helps to eliminate the multi-user-based source that might be giving rise to the error code 5502. So, follow the given steps to run the QBDBMgrN.
- You need to open your company file over the network, as this step is applicable only that way.
- For this, launch the QB application on the server system and go to the File menu.
- Then, choose the open or restore company file tab
- Next, select Open a company file, locate your file, and hit Next.
- Now, make sure that you have ticked the box near the Open file in the multi-user mode option and hit Open.
- Then, log in to the company file and go to the File menu once again.
- Now, tap on the Close Company/Log Off and wait till the file closes completely.
- After this, go back to the desktop screen and
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Then, search and click on the QuickBooks database server manager option.
- And choose the Open a company file option.
- This will give you a window to browse the folder. Click on it and add the folder.
- Then, choose a file or folder where you have stored the company file.
- Hit OK and opt for the Scan option.
- Once the scan gets completed, re-open your QB company file and test it one more time.
Solution 4: Update your Sync Manager to fix Intuit Error Code 5502
An outdated sync manager can also cause issues while syncing the QB data. So you need to follow the steps given below to update your sync manager.
- Open your Intuit Sync Manager on the system.
- Then, you need to opt for one company at a time, especially if so many are listed.
- After this, click on the Sync Enabled option and then on the Disable option.
- You need to follow the same procedures for all of your company files.
- Then, hit the Help options and go to the Manage Sync Data option.
- Now, click on the Clear Sync Settings option and OK.
- After this, exit your sync manager.
- Now, finally, you need to rename the sync manager file. For this, you have to head to the C drive > Users > App Data > Local > Intuit and finally to the Sync Manager.
- Then, add the word .old at the end of the path.
Solution 5: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks Application
To fix this error, you can uninstall and reinstall the QB application.
- The first step in this method involves uninstalling the QuickBooks application.
- Then after this, you need to rename the installation folder.
- Next, you need to download and re-install the QuickBooks application.
Also, make sure to update the QuickBooks Desktop application timely in order to avoid QuickBooks Desktop Error 5502.
Solution 6: Terminate the Processes Related to QuickBooks
- For this, together press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on the keyboard and open the Task Manager.
- Then, click the Processes tab and hit end the following processes:
The Conclusive Note!!
We really hope that you will be able to fix the QuickBooks error 5502 after applying the solutions given here. However, if the error still exists, or you still face issues with the sync manager, or it does not function properly, then connect with us. Our certified QuickBooks experts are available at the toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942 for all-around assistance.
Just place a call and get connected. Our team at Data Service Solution will listen to your issues and provide you with the best solutions for your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: QuickBooks Sync Manager helps you to create, maintain and sync QuickBooks data files. It simplifies data access from a single database, and yes is important to update it in order to avoid the QuickBooks error 5502.
Ans: Follow the given steps to turn on the Automatic Updates:
1. Go to the Help menu and choose the option to Update QuickBooks option.
2. Then, in the same window, go to the options section.
3. Here, find the enable automatic updates option.
4. When you get the Yes or No option, set it to Yes.
5. Then, save the changes by hitting the Save button.
6. After this, the next updates will get installed automatically on the system.
7. And so you will not get the error 5505 because of the outdated QB application.
Ans: You can clean install your QB application to resolve the installation issue:
1. Firstly, locate the QB icon on the desktop.
2. Then click right on it and hit the uninstall button.
3. Now, install it again from the official source and then log in to your profile.