QuickBooks makes it easy and manageable for its users to do the payroll, which is calculated at the end of a financial year. But, sometimes, the users face certain issues while doing payroll-related tasks through QuickBooks. These issues make it difficult for them to work efficiently on the application, and sometimes, they may get stuck in the middle of the process. One such error is QuickBooks Error 15107. This is a typical payroll error that needs to be handled immediately.
Thus, with this blog, we aim to resolve the QuickBooks payroll error 15107 with verified troubleshooting solutions. So, go through the complete article to learn more about payroll error 15107.
Need expert’s advice to resolve QuickBooks Error 15107? Talk to our professionals at +1-(855)-955-1942 and get your issue resolved in minimum time.
QuickBooks Error 15107: Explanation and Error Message
QuickBooks error 15107 is a technical error in QuickBooks that makes the user unable to download the payroll updates launched by QuickBooks. The error message that pops up on the screen says that
[Error 15107] The update system can not be installed.
The Payroll can’t be initialized.
Along with the error code and message, the error message also comes up with some troubleshooting steps that you could follow to solve it for initial levels.
QuickBooks Error 15107: Factors that Trigger It
Before you jump into the different troubleshooting steps to fix the error 15107 QuickBooks, you are recommended to first scroll down and read the multiple causes that provoke the error. The primary reasons that trigger error 15107 are as follows:
- The wrong Internet Explorer settings can also lead to QuickBooks error code 15107.
- Sometimes, your important Windows files get corrupted for various reasons, and you may end up getting payroll error 15107.
- Wrong or incomplete QuickBooks Desktop software can also result in the appearance of QuickBooks payroll error 15107 on your system.
- Issues with the Windows Registry may also contribute to the error 15107 in QuickBooks.
- A damaged payroll file is another major reason which leads to this payroll error 15107.
- The firewall in your system can also cause disruptions in the payroll software and thus result in payroll error 15107.
- Your QB Desktop might not get updated to the latest release.
QuickBooks Error 15107: Signs Associated with the Error
There are various signs and symptoms that give the users idea about payroll error 15107. These symptoms for error 15107 are listed below:
- Frequent flashing of the screen.
- Abrupt system shut down.
- If the payroll process comes to a halt, the QuickBooks software crashes all of a sudden.
- The error message with the error code flashes on the screen.
- QB is not able to download the latest software version.
- If the software is not able to access or start the update file properly.
- If you have not configured QuickBooks properly to deal with the newest versions of the file.
QuickBooks Error 15107: Troubleshooting Ways to Solve it
Once you are aware of the factors that trigger the QuickBooks error 15107, you can perform the necessary steps to eliminate the error permanently. Some of the steps that you can implement to effectively resolve payroll error 15107 are:
Solution 1: Restart your System
This is one of the basic methods that you can opt for to deal with any kind of error. Because when you restart the device, it compels the system to reset the error and remove it from your screen.
For this, you need to go to the Restart option from the Windows sign given in the left corner of your screen.
Solution 2: Update the QuickBooks Desktop to fix this 15107 issue
Sometimes, Updating the Quickbooks application can also help you to fix the QuickBooks error code 15107. So, you need to follow the given steps to complete the download process.
- Before initiating the process, you need to make an exit from the QB Desktop application.
- Then, access the QuickBooksXX Components by going to the C:/Program/Data/Intuit. Here, XX denoted the version of QuickBooks that you are having.
- After that, launch the QB desktop application.
- Afterwards, you can opt for the Update QuickBooks Desktop option under the Help tab.
- Now, hit on the Update Now tab.
- The next step is to tap on the Reset Update and then opt for the Get Updates option.
- When the update process initiates, wait for it concludes and then restart your computer.
- If this step does not fix the error, proceed ahead with the next method.
Still Confused? Talk to Our Professionals.
Give us a call at +1-(855)-955-1942
Solution 3: Run the Reboot.bat file to fix the error 15107
Another solution for QuickBooks Error 15107 is to run the reboot.bat file. This method also involves recovering the data loss and maintaining the system. Thus, you need to carry out certain steps to complete the process.
- First, you need to close the QuickBooks Desktop and then go to the QuickBooks icon on your desktop screen and click right on it.
- Then, click on the Properties tab and open the File Location.
- After that, go to the top right search field and type reboot/reboot.bat.
- Next, you need to view the file name reboot and reboot.bat extension and click right on it.
- After that, click on the Run as administrator option.
- Then, if any pop-up occurs on your screen, click on the Yes option.
- Now, after performing these steps, you need to restart your computer and execute the changes and reopen the QuickBooks application.
- Lastly, if it prompts you to install the update, choose the Update Now option.
Solution 4: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to fix QB error 15107
QuickBooks File Doctor is an exclusive QB tool that you can use to resolve many minor and major issues with the QuickBooks company file. You can use it on your device by following the given steps:
- Initiate the process by heading toward the official site of Intuit.
- There, you need to search for the QuickBooks tool hub.
- After that, you have to download and install the tool on your system by following the given guidelines.
- After the download, make sure that you have saved the file as QuickBooksToolHub.exe and then launch the downloaded file.
- Then, after you have successfully launched the tool, head toward the Company File Issues tab on it.
- Now, tap on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor, and the desired tool will open.
- Here, you have to select the relevant company file for which you are facing corruption issues.
- If you face difficulty in finding the file, then tap on the Browse option.
- Simultaneously, tap on the Check your file and network option and hit the Continue button.
- Next, you need to specify the admin password of your QB and tap Next.
- The toll will run smoothly. Wait till the scan starts.
- The scanning process will take some time; it depends on your company file size.
- The issue will get resolved automatically after the completion of the scanning process. However, if you still find the same error, then the reason might be something else that you need to check.
- Remember, do not continue to work after the scanning.
- First, shut down the system once and then proceed ahead.
Solution 5: Perform a QuickBooks Clean Installation
You can also use the QuickBooks clean install tool to get rid of the error 15107 QuickBooks. The basic steps are as follows.
- The next troubleshooting step is to download the QuickBooks Clean Install tool and then save it on the desktop.
- Then, in the next step, you have to double-tap on the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe and open the setup file.
- Once you have completed the above-mentioned steps, a new pop-up will appear on the screen. Here you have to click on the I Accept option on the license agreement window.
- After that, it will direct you to another box. Here you have to click on it, followed by the Continue button.
- Then, for the last step, hit the OK button.
Solution 6: Install the Latest Digital Signature Certificate and fix the payroll error 15107
Sometimes, the digital signature certificate can lead to some issues in the application. So go to the steps given below to fix them.
- Go to the file section that is C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks XX.
- Remember here, XX represents the version of your QB.
- Then head towards the upper right side of your screen and locate the search bar there.
- Then, search for QBW32.exe.
- Next, get to the Open list option and hit right-click on the same.
- After that, look for the Properties section and find out the Digital Signatures.
- Then choose the Intuit option from the list that appears and head toward the Details section.
- Next, tap on the View Certificate button and then select Install Certificate.
- Then, you need to hit on continuously Next button till the Finish tab appears.
- Next, restart your computer after completing the import.
- Then, try to update the changes that you just made and download the latest updates.
Solution 7: Reinstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup to fix the QuickBooks error code 15107
Remember you will need the product and the license number for this process, so keep it handy before uninstalling your QB desktop application. If you do not know where you can find the credentials, then head toward the Product Information window by pressing the Ctrl + 1 and F2 buttons. Once you are done with these, carry out the steps:
- Initially, you have to access the Run window by pressing the Windows + R buttons.
- Then, you need to specify the word msconfig inside the field and hit the OK button.
- After that, you need to choose the General tab when the window opens.
- Then make sure to tap on the same and head toward the Selective Startup tab.
- Next, you need to remove the check mark from the box behind the Load Startup items option if it is marked. And then hit OK.
- Then choose the Restart option when you see any message on the screen.
- Lastly, just uninstall and reinstall the QB desktop application.
After successfully reinstalling the QB, you need to go back to the normal startup mode. For this, follow the next step given below.
Still having issues? Call us at +1-(855)-955-1942
Solution 8: Enable Normal Startup mode and fix the QuickBooks error code 15107
After modifying the setting with a selective startup, you need to switch it back to the normal startup mode. Follow the given steps to get back to normal startup mode.
- Begin the process by pressing the Windows + R buttons and opening the Run window.
- Then type and search for the word MSConfig on the field and hit OK.
- After that, make sure to search for the Normal Startup option.
- Now, hit the same button and choose Apply and OK buttons.
- Then, finally, restart the system and save the recent changes.
Solution 9: Configure Internet Explorer and fix the QuickBooks error code 15107
You can face several problems while installing the QB updates when the security is high. Therefore, we recommend you examine the Internet settings and configure the websites as medium-high settings. Follow the given steps to do so:
- Open your system and head to Internet Explorer.
- Then go to the Settings button on the upper right corner of the screen.
- There, hit the Tools button and choose the Internet options.
- After that, click on the Security button and hit the Internet button beside the globe button.
- Also, you need to set the website zone to the medium-high option if it is not set like it.
- Now, restart your system and also make sure that you have the correct date and time set on your system.
Hopefully!! These solutions mentioned above will help you in tackling the QuickBooks update error 15107. However, this is not the only issue that comes up while installing or updating QuickBooks updates. So, do not get confused and try to follow the mentioned steps carefully. Also, if you feel you need help resolving any of the QuickBooks errors, our team is here to help you out. Just connect us over the call at our Toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942 and our team will help you to resolve your issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
To fix the QuickBooks payroll error 15107, the first thing to make sure of is that you have an active payroll service subscription. Then you may follow the solutions like using the QuickFix my program, Tools Hub, installing digital signatures, etc. The detailed steps are mentioned in the blog above.
Yes, you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the QuickBooks error code 15107. It is a tool associated with the QB Tool Hub and is effective in removing many QuickBooks errors.