The QuickBooks company file contains all your company’s financial data and records in QuickBooks. It is the first thing you need to open while working on the software. However, sometimes users get stuck while opening it and may face QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0. It is a common error code that appears due to a damaged or corrupted company file/backup file or if your QuickBooks fails to restore the backup from a local system. But do not worry; this blog will help you troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0 with some easy steps. Thus, follow the complete article to know more about the QB error code 6147 0.
QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0 is not allowing you to open your company file!! Don’t worry; get it resolved by connecting with our professionals at +1-(855)-955-1942.
What is the QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0?
QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0 is an error code belonging to the 6XXX series error of QB. It is a company file-associated error and appears while opening the company file. The error is mostly faced due to the corrupted company file, backup file or sometimes due to other reasons. If You are Unable to backup quickbooks company file, you can read our dedicated blog on the same.
The error message displayed on the screen for the QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0 is:
“This is not a QuickBooks data file, or there is a problem with the data file.
Please contact Reckon and provide them with the following codes: (6147,0).”
What are the signs on your system that indicate QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0?
There are some common signs, like the frequent appearance of error messages that indicate the presence of some technical error on your device. However, some specific signs that indicate the QB Error Code 6147 0 include.
- The arrival of QuickBooks error code 6147 0 can crash an active program window on your system.
- The error message describing the error 6147 0 can appear on your screen very frequently.
- You can feel the automated window shut down on your device, which tries to protect the PC against any damage.
- Lethargic response of the system to the inputs of devices like mouse or keyboard.
- Continuous freezing of the system every now and then.
- Facing issues while restoring the backup file.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop won’t open or start when you encounter QuickBooks error message 6147.
What are the factors or reasons that trigger the QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0?
QuickBooks error code 6147 0 can appear due to several other reasons apart from the corrupted or damaged data file. These reasons are listed below:
- When Windows Firewall on your system restricts the QB from connecting with the company file, error code 6147 0 may appear.
- The damaged or corrupted .ND (Network Data file) or .TLG (Transaction Log File) can also result in QuickBooks error code 6147 0.
- Moving the QuickBooks company file to a different folder other than the QB installation file can also result in the same error.
- When the name of the QuickBooks company file exceeds the maximum character limit(which is set to 210 characters), the user may face the QB error code 6147 0.
- An outdated QB Desktop version can also trigger the QuickBooks error code 6147 0.
- Any technical glitch in the system or some malware attack can also trigger the same error.
You can read our blog ‘Update QuickBooks Company File‘ If you want to know how to Update QuickBooks Company File.
6 Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0.
To fix the QB error code 6147 0, you should first use the QB File Doctor to check for any minor issues. After that, you can also check if the company file name does not exceed the character limit. After that, you can also change the location of the backup file and adopt other methods to resolve the QB Error Code 6147 0.
Method 1: Utilize and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
QuickBooks File Doctor tool can automatically find and fix a wide range of errors. It is associated with QuickBooks Tools Hub and can be used freely. If it is not installed in your software, you can download and install it from Intuit’s website. Once the installation gets completed, just run it and wait for it to do its work. After that, try to reopen your company file after the File.
- First, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit.
- Next, run the tool from your server computer.
- After that, go to the Company File issues tab and select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option there.
- The QB file doctor tool will automatically open after you perform the above-given steps.
- Next, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the error 6147 0.
If the QB Error Code 6147 0 persists even after using the File Doctor Tool, you need to implement the next methods to fix the issue.
Method 2: Change the location of the Backup File and Save it to another location.
Before changing the location of your backup file, you need to ensure that the hosting is not enabled on your device. After that, you can save a copy of your backup file to some other location on your computer.
- First, open and click on the File menu and select the Utilities tab.
- Look there, if you see a Stop Hosting Multi-User option, the hosting is turned on. You need to disable the Multi-User Hosting option on your device. For that, first, click Yes on it and then tap Next when a new window appears.
- Again, a new window will pop up; here you need to click on Yes again while the company file is still closed.
- Lastly, restore the backup file on your system.
Read Also- How to Backup QuickBooks Desktop company file
Method 3: Rename the damaged .ND and .TLG files to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0.
Network Data (.ND ) and Transaction Logs (.TLG ) are both configuration files that allow QuickBooks to access the company file over the network. So, any damage in these files will restrict QB from processing further. Thus, you need to rename both files with the steps given below:
- Go to the folder where you have saved the QuickBooks files after the installation.
- There, search for the .ND (Network Data file ) and . TLG(Transaction Log file) ( the name would be company_file.qbw.nd and company_file.qbw.tlg).
- Both these files will have the same name as your company file.
- Next, click right on each file and then select the Rename option. After that, add .OLD at the end of the name of the files.
- Lastly, save the file and open QuickBooks once again.
Method 4: Use Trend Micro Active Scan to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0.
You can also use the Trend Micro Active Scan if the previous one didn’t fix the problem for you.
- First, find and note down the location of your company file.
- Then, press the Ctrl key, and then you need to double-click on the QuickBooks icon without disturbing the company file.
- Next, the company file will show up at the top of the No Company Open window.
- You need to choose the company file from the list.
- The company file list you opened in the previous step will also show the location of the file.
- Next, go to the Scan Settings in the Trend Micro active scan option.
- Next, find the company file folder and allow an exception for it.
Method 5: Change the Name of .ADR file to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0.
.ADR file is the QuickBooks Auto data recovery file. You can also change the name of .ADR file to fix the QB Error Code 6147 0.
- Initially, you need to go to the folder that has your company files stored.
- After that, look for the .ADR file.
- Now open the folder you have just located and then search for the most recent file.
- Now click right on the .ADR file and then select the Rename option from the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, rename the file to .qbw.
Method 6: End all the QuickBooks processes to fix the QB error 6147 0
- First, from the server computer, log in as Administrator.
- Then, simultaneously press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on your keyboard.
- Next, from the User tab, select the show the processes option for all the users.
- After that, highlight each of the QuickBooks processes.
- and QBDBMgr.exe
- Then, choose the End Task option.
- Lastly, you need to open the company file in multi-user mode to end the process.
Additional Method to Resolve the error code 6147 0 in QB:
Access the QuickBooks Rebuilt Utility Tool:
The Rebuild Data Utility Tool can help you to rebuild your data files and resolve any data corruption in the company file. The steps to be followed are given below:
- First, go to the File menu and choose the Utilities tab.
- Then, choose the Rebuild Data option here.
- For the next step, hit the OK tab in case you get a prompt to back up your company file.
- However, in case the application indicates a message saying “QuickBooks is not responding“ then you need to hit the OK tab.
Although the above methods will fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6147 0, however, you can also utilize the QB Install Diagnostic Tool to deal with the error [6147 0]. It will help you fix any damage to the company file. To use the tool, first shut down the QB desktop application and then download the QB Tool Hub if you do not have it on your system. Then open it and go to the Installation Issue option inside the Tool hub. Then choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. It will require around 20 minutes to install. Once the tool completes the search and rectifies any issues, restart your system.
Still having issues? Call us at +1-(855)-955-1942
Frequently Asked Questions
1. A damaged or corrupted company file.
2. Error while restoring a QuickBooks backup file from an external drive or network.
3. Damage to the QBW. File.
1. Utilizing and Running the QuickBooks File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
2. Using Trend Micro Active Scan.
3. Renaming the damaged .ND and .TLG files.
4. Change the location of the Backup File and Save it to another location.
To use the QuickBooks Rebuild Utility Tool, go to the File menu and select the Utilities tab. Then, choose the rebuild data option and tap OK if prompted to back up the company file. In case a message saying “QuickBooks is not responding” appears on the screen, tap OK.