The first step in running an application on a user’s system is to install it. QuickBooks error 1903 usually occurs during the installation process or after the installation is complete. This error is specific to QuickBooks Desktop applications. The most common causes of this error are problems with your Windows operating system or the QB application.
Do you need technical assistance to fix QuickBooks Desktop Installation error 1903? Reach out to an expert at +1-(855)-955-1942 and they can help you resolve it.
Reasons and Simple Solutions for QuickBooks Error 1903
QuickBooks error 1903 can be caused by four different reasons with your Windows system or QuickBooks application. We have listed all of the reasons in detail below, along with their solutions:
Cause 1: Incomplete Or Corrupted Installation
QuickBooks error 1903 could occur on your system if the installation process wasn’t done correctly. The incomplete or corrupted installation can prevent users from running the QB application on their system.
Solution: Use Install Diagnostic Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
Install Diagnostic Tools can assist users in resolving QuickBooks installation issues. This tool is available in QuickBooks Tool Hub, and users can download and install the stand-alone application version from Intuit’s website. The following are the steps you must take in order to use the Install Diagnostic Tool:
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- Run it on your system and tap on Installation Issues.
- Choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the list and let it run.
NOTE: Wait for the tool to complete its process. It can take up to 20 minutes based on the size of your file and the speed of your system.
- Reboot your system after the tool has completed its process.
Cause 2: Using Outdated Windows Operating System
If you use an older version of Windows, compatibility issues between QuickBooks and Windows may arise, resulting in QuickBooks install Error 1903. The outdated operating system may be incapable of supporting QB.
Solution: Update Windows Operating System
The simplest way to fix this issue is to update your Windows. The update will prepare your system for the QuickBooks application. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Press the Windows Start button and click on Settings button.
- Choose Update & Security from the options and click on Windows Update.
- Then tap on Check for Updates and Windows will start scanning to check if any update is available.
- Tap on Download and Install now button if any update is available.
- Restart your system after the update is installed.
- Try installing the QuickBooks application again if the error occurred during installation.
- Run QuickBooks and open your company file if the error was arising while running QBD.
Cause 3: Windows Components are Damaged
QuickBooks needs to access certain Windows components in order to run it. QuickBooks error 1903 may arise on your system if Windows components are damaged that are required by QuickBooks.
Solution: Repair Damaged Windows Components
There are majorly 2 different Windows components that users must repair to fix QuickBooks error code 1903. They are Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft MSXML. Let’s look at the steps users need to follow:-
Microsoft .NET Framework
If QuickBooks runs into an error right after you run it, or if you can’t install newer .NET Framework versions, there is damage in your .NET framework. Download .NET Framework Repair Tool from this page and run it. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.
- Download the installation file of msxml.msi and save it on your system.
- Press the Windows Start button and go to the search field.
- Type in msiexec.exe /fvaum “%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.msi and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Wait for MSXML installation to finish and then install QuickBooks Desktop.
Cause 4: Interference by a Third-party Application
A third-party application can at times interfere with the installation process of QB, leading to QuickBooks Desktop Error 1903. The application may be utilising the resources required to complete the installation process of QB.
Solution: Install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup Mode
Selective startup mode, also known as safe mode, directs all the required resources to QuickBooks and ensures that no other application interferes with QB installation. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Note down your QuickBooks Desktop product and license info.
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard, and the Run command window will open up.
- Type in MSConfig and click on OK.
- Go to the General tab choose Selective Startup and Load system services.
- Then Move to the Services menu and tickmark Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Click on Disable all.
- Untick Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and ensure Windows Installer box is selected from the list of services. Select it if it is not selected.
- Then tap on OK.
- Click on Restart on the System Configuration window.
- Install QuickBooks on your system.
- Then press Windows+R and the run command window will open again.
- Enter MSConfig and click on OK.
- Go to the General tab and select Normal Startup.
- Click on OK and then press Restart on the System Configuration Window.
Seek Experts help to fix QuickBooks Error Code 1903!
We now hope you are well aware of what should be done when QuickBooks error 1903 appears on your system. If you are still unable to install or run QuickBooks on your system due to this error, reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.