In all these years, QuickBooks has proven to be an affordable and profitable software that supports all businesses to escalate their profit and save abundant time that you can utilize to fulfill other priorities. You can connect QB with multiple software to make it more useful. But at the same time, we cannot deny the fact that QuickBooks is subjected to errors. Today, we are discussing a program known as a web connector that is employed by QB for transmitting vital data from QuickBooks to a third-party application or vice versa. The malfunction of the QuickBooks Web Connector directly affects the ability to exchange data with any third-party web-based program, and you will encounter the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085.
Here, the third-party application is the online banking application of the specific bank you use. Therefore, when you record transactions in the bank, they get identically recorded in the QB application. All these financial transactions and entries are conveyed through the Web Connector, which makes this tool crucial in facilitating the flawless transfer of information. Moreover, QB XML & QB POS XML are other web-based applications that can swap data with QB Desktop products like QuickBooks Financial Software and QB POS.
But, when the web connector cannot write data to the log file or open an existing log file, an unsettling issue of QBWC1085 error with the log file will spark off. By reading this constructive article, you will find out the significant factors and the troubleshooting methods to rectify the issue.
When do you Witness Web Connector Error QBWC1085? Root Causes
As you witness the issue, you must ask yourself why I am getting QuickBooks error QBWC1085 in the QB software. The following are the significant reasons provoking the issue.
- If the QBWCLOG.txt file is damaged or corrupted, it prevents the QB Web Connector from using it.
- In case the QuickBooks application can’t connect with the QBWCLOG.txt file or the Web Connector cannot access the log file.
- When you are getting QuickBooks error QBWC1085, it might be because QBWC is trying to obtain information from the third-party application.
- If you do not have the Windows OS admin user rights, which is crucial for running the Web Connector, therefore triggering QB Enterprise 10 error QBWC1085.
- If the components of the Web Connector are damaged or missing, it might cause this issue.
Important Note: Get the best troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1039 by reading our dedicated blog on it, and never let your workflow get stuck over an error.
Guiding You to Rectify QuickBooks Web Connector Error Code QBWC1085 Instantly
If you grasp the factors causing the QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085, fixing it is not difficult. The following are the six best ways to eliminate all the troubles due to this error flawlessly.
1st Troubleshooting Solution: Repairing and Fixing the QuickBooks Software
By utilizing this solution, you can repair any damage caused to the application and rectify the problems of error messages QBWC1085.
- Initially, you have to reboot your system.
- After rebooting the system, click on the Start tab from the desktop screen.
- Further, look for the Control Panel option or type it in the empty search box.
- Now, choose the Programs and Features option, as the Control panel window is visible to you on the screen.
- Then, click on the Uninstall a Program.
- However, if you can’t find the Programs and Features option, then click on Programs and then choose the option for Programs and Features.
- After that, choose QB software under the list and select Uninstall/Change.
- Proceed by selecting the Continue option and then clicking on Repair.
- Let the tool repair the application after you click on Next.
- Lastly, choose the Finish option.
2nd Troubleshooting Solution: From the Startup Menu, Remove the QB Web Connector
Suppose you encounter the QBWC1085 Error with the log file when you are not using Web Connector to communicate between the QB application and any of the third-party applications. In case you are not using the web connector program, this solution is for you. You must unmark or remove the QB Web Connector under the Startup tab.
- Run Windows as Administrator
- You need to follow this path: C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Further, Delete the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Now, restart your system and open the QuickBooks Application.
The following is the alternative solution you might also find easy
- Begin with logging into the Windows OS as an admin user.
- Then, type MSconfig in the Start tab search field and press Enter.
- Now, when a new window is visible to you, choose the Startup tab.
- Proceed and look for the QuickBooks Web Connector from the Startup tab.
- When you find the Web Connector application, unmark it from the box beside it.
- Then, proceed and click on the Apply option and then choose OK.
3rd Troubleshooting Solution: Rename the QBWCLOG.TXT file
If there is an issue with the QBWCLOG.txt file and the QB web connector is unable to access the log file or can’t write to it due to any reason, then rename the QBWCLOG.TXT, and it’ll resolve your issue instantly.
- Shut down QuickBooks and Web Connector altogether.
- Now, Go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
- Then Rename QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Restart the Web Connector.
- After restarting your computer, open QuickBooks, and you need to log into your third-party program.
4th Troubleshooting Solution: Add Web Connector to Startup Menu
If the QuickBooks web connector is not present in the startup menu, then you can encounter the QBWC1085 error message; in such a scenario, simply add the QB web Connector to the startup menu to rectify this error message.
Important Note: This solution is especially applicable when you are utilizing a third-party application on the system
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard and type msconfig.
- Press OK and tap on the Startup tab.
- Now, checkmark the QuickBooks Web Connector program in the list.
- Tap Apply and press OK.
- Now restart Windows.
5th Troubleshooting Solution: Updating the QB Software to its Latest Version
In case you are still utilizing the outdated version of the QB application, it might trigger the issue as not keeping software up-to-date interferes with QB Web Connector’s work to initiate a connection between the third-party application and QB.
- Initially, when you open the QuickBooks program, click on the Help tab from the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Now, under the Help tab, click on the option for Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, choose Get Updates and then click on Update Now.
- Lastly, as the process ends, open the application to check if error QBWC1085 is rectified.
6th Troubleshooting Solution: Access the Quick Fix My Program Under the Tool Hub
To access the Quick Fix My Program, you must start by downloading the QB Tool Hub. So, by precisely following these steps, you will be able to apply the solution smoothly.
- Begin the step by visiting the official website of Intuit and clicking on the link of QB Tool Hub to download the program.
- As you download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, save it in the default folder, or you can manually search for the location to save the file.
- After you save the file, go and double-click on it, as this action will open the file on the screen.
- Further, follow the wizard to install the file in the system.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions and click on OK.
- Now, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Proceed by opening the Tool Hub, and from there, click on the option of Program Problems.
- Subsequently, choose Quick Fix my Program. Let the tool thoroughly diagnose the issue and then fix it.
Web Connector application simplifies the data exchange process of all business sectors. But if you instantly get hit by QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085, it might create a fuss in accessing online banking. Implementing the methods in this article will assist in exterminating the issue from the root. However, for any reason you find it hard to implement the solutions, let us help you. Pick up the phone and call us at the +1-(855)-955-1942. Our highly qualified experts will answer all the queries and provide suitable ways to resolve them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: It is an error generally provoked by the problem with the log file. When the QBWCLOG.txt file is harshly corrupted or damaged, you will surely get this error. So, any of the following text messages will appear on the desktop screen.
1. QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log files.
2. QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
3. Exception Type Error: Unknown name
Ans: The following are the top 6 ways to rectify the issue in the log file effortlessly.
1. Repairing the QuickBooks application.
2. If you are not utilizing any third-party application, remove the QB Web Connector tick mark in the startup menu.
3. Modifying the name for the QBWCLOG.TXT file
4. If you are not utilizing any third-party application, then add the Web Connector to the Startup tab.
5. Update your QB program.
6. Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the Quick Fix My Program.
Ans: The following is the step-by-step procedure for re-installing the Web Connector program.
1. Begin by downloading the QB Web Connector Installer from a trusted source.
2. Now, after downloading the file, choose a suitable location to save it.
3. Proceed to right-click on the file to unzip it.
4. Then, choose the Extract the File option.
5. Further, by double-clicking on the extracted file, try to launch it.
6. Now, to successfully complete the installation process, follow all the instructions properly.
7. Lastly, when the process for installing the Web Connector ends, go to QB and merge this service add-on with the software.