The QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is a Microsoft Windows tool that allows web services (web-based applications) and QuickBooks Desktop products to exchange data. Sometimes users may fail to use this tool due to QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1039. It generally arises when users make attempts to connect an app to QuickBooks Desktop with the help of a Web Connector. This error is caused due to 5 different reasons and reflects five different error messages. The troubleshooting method to fix QuickBooks error QBWC1039 is based on the error message you are seeing on your screen.
Did a QBWC1039 error message pop up on your screen and you have no idea what should be done? The easiest way to fix it is to contact our technical expert at +1-(855)-955-1942.
Different Types of QBWC1039 Error Messages
The QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1039 arises on your system due to different reasons that can be either the system’s fault, a recent change made by the user or a problem with the Web connector.
Let’s look at the different error messages that appear on your screen:-
CASE 1- QBWC1039: If the Company data file is not open, a call to the “BeginSession” method must include the name of the data file.
CASE 2- QBWC1039: This application does not have permission to access this QuickBooks company data file. The QuickBooks administrator can grant access permission through the Integrated Application preferences.
CASE 3- QBWC1039: Unique OwnerID/FileID pair value required.
CASE 4- QBWC1039: Unable to add FileID to company file for this Application.
CASE 5- QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check QBWCLog.txt for details
So these are the different cases of error messages that might arise on your system. Now, we will look into these cases in depth.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error QBWC1039
As we mentioned above, there are multiple error messages and they have different reasons leading to them. They have a separate troubleshooting method for every cause. So let’s look at them in detail:-
Case 1- QBWC1039 : If the Company data file is not open, a call to the “BeginSession” method must include the name of the data file.
There are two different scenarios that might lead to this QBWC1039 error message on your screen, the first one is that your company file has been renamed, transferred to a different location, or it isn’t compatible with the third-party software. Another reason is that the QuickBooks Web Connector is not configured to operate when QuickBooks is closed. In order to fix it, you need to undo the steps that lead to this error message and make changes to the Web Connector configuration:-
Solution 1: Undo change in name and location
If this error started arising after you made changes to your company file, the right thing to do is to undo it and check if the error still persists. There are two things that you can do based on what led to this error:-
- Change back your company file name to what it was before.
- Create a backup of your company file and then restore it to its previous location.
Solution 2: Make changes to your Web Connector Configuration
You might see this QuickBooks error code QBWC1039 on your system if your web connector is not meant to run after shutting the application off. These are the steps you need to follow to correctly configure it:-
- Sign in to QuickBooks as Admin.
- Click on the File menu to select Switch to Single-user Mode if QuickBooks is in Multi-user mode.
- Choose Preferences from the Edit tab.
- Click on Integrated Application and click on Company Preferences tab.
- Choose a third-party application>Properties.
- Tickmark Allow this application to log in automatically.
- Click on Yes in the Authorization window.
- Choose User to log in then tap on OK.
Case 2- QBWC1039: This Application does not have permission to access this QuickBooks company data file. The QuickBooks administrator can grant access permission through the Integrated Application preferences.
The simple reason behind this QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1039 message on your system is that the third-party application has not granted QuickBooks Administrator the required access.
Solution: Make changes to your application configuration to fix it:
- Sign in to your application as Admin user.
- Go to File menu and choose Switch to Single-user Mode in case your application is running in Multi-User mode.
- Now, Go to the Edit menu to choose Preferences.
- Choose Integrated Applications and click on Company Preferences tab.
- Untick the box for Don’t allow any applications to access this company file.
- Tap on Yes in the SDK App Authorization pop-up.
- Tick-mark your third-party application you wish to grant access.
- Click on OK.
Case 3- QBWC1039: Unique OwnerID/FileID pair value required.
This QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1039 message appears when the application you are trying to add is already on QuickBooks.
Solution: Remove the integration
These are the steps you need to follow to remove the integration:
- Run QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the CP3 tool and Open it.
- Click on Select File and find QWC file. It will put the file in the Enter QBWC file location. Now click on Open.
- Choose Remove Stamp.
- Select Yes in the QuickBooks Application Certificate pop-up and then Continue.
- Click on Done in the Access Confirmation window.
- You need to Follow your onscreen instructions and then click on OK.
- A confirmation message will pop-up that the Owner ID has been removed. Click on OK.
- Now close CP3 tool and add back your third-party application.
Case 4- QBWC1039: Unable to add FileID to company file for this Application.
You might face this QBWC1039 error message if you have made multiple attempts to add an application. You should attempt to add a file just once in one location. If you are witnessing this error message, reach out to experts at +1(855)-955-1942 to fix it.
Case 5- QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the Application. Check QBWCLog.txt for Details.
There are multiple reasons that can lead to this QuickBooks error code QBWC1039 such as outdated application, change in company file location or unavailability of the company file. There are two different solutions to fix it:-
Solution 1: Undo the Changes Leading To This Error
Undo any modifications you made to your file name or the location of your company file. Return it to its original spot. The error will be resolved as a result of this:-
- Remove the app from QuickBooks Web Connector if you want to rename or relocate your file.
- Change your file name or location.
- Connect to Web Connector.
Solution 2: Installing Latest Quickbooks Desktop Version
This QBWC1039 error message is caused because of an outdated version of the application you are using. You have to reinstall and upgrade the newer product to the most recent version.
Example: QuickBooks 2020 is upgraded to QuickBooks 2021. You opt to utilise QuickBooks 2020 instead of QuickBooks 2021. You’ll need to download and install QuickBooks 2021, as well as update it to the most recent version. The program does not have to be used, but it must be installed and updated.
Download the QuickBooks application and install it to it’s latest release when this error message appears.
Allow Experts to help you fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error 1039
We discussed various reasons leading to QuickBooks error QBWC1039 and the respective troubleshooting methods for it. If you are still stuck with the issue and have no idea about further troubleshooting steps, we will advise you to reach out to experts at at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline number +1(855)-955-1942 for instant assistance.