QuickBooks is an important Software for all businesses and is required to be as accessible as possible. One issue that can hamper the accessibility of a company file is the operating system it is working on. While the market is flooded with a variety of operating systems, there are majorly two types of OS used by professionals- Windows and Mac. One issue with working on two different OS is that you can’t open their files in each other. But you don’t have to worry as there are few steps through which you can convert QuickBooks windows file to mac. If you want to do so, follow these steps-
Steps to Convert QuickBooks Mac File to Windows
We have mentioned some of the common steps with which you can easily Convert Mac QuickBooks File to Windows:
Step 1: Update QuickBooks
It is really important that you are using the latest version of the Quickbooks application. With every new version, there are some changes in the application and at times there are changes in the way files are saved too.
Step 2- Make your Company File Ready
Any memos that are longer than 50 characters or contain special characters like! should be removed such as !@#$%^&*
Look for memos that contain special characters.
- Select Custom Transaction Detail Report from the Reports menu.
- Select All Dates from the Dates drop-down menu.
- To open a transaction with a memo, double-click it.
- Select Save after removing the special characters from the memo field.
- Shut down the transaction.
- Repeat similar steps for other transactions.
- Re-sort your lists.
- Verify and rebuild your company file if necessary. Select Utilities from the File menu. After that, choose Verify Data.
Step 3: Convert your Company File
These are the most crucial steps you need to look forward to-
- Login in to your company file through administrator id. Open the file menu and then click on Export. Choose QuickBooks for Windows.
- If you are prompted to verify before backing up, choose Verify.
- Choose a name for the file and a location for it to be saved. Then choose Save.
NOTE: Ensure that you don’t add any special character to its name.
- Type in your password and press OK.
- Click OK on the confirmation window.
- Obtain the file and save it to your Windows computer. If the file is small enough, most people use a USB flash drive, cloud storage, or email.
- Restore the file in QuickBooks for Windows.
Steps to Convert QuickBooks Windows file to Mac
Follow the easy steps to Convert QuickBooks File from Windows to Mac:
Note: Only company files from (QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier or Premier Accountant Editions) can be moved.
Step 1: Things to be done on Windows Computer
- First, Update QuickBooks Application to the latest version.
- Login into QuickBooks as administrator.
- Click on File menu and choose Utilities. Go to Copy company File and do as per instructions on-screen says. QuickBooks will generate a MAC.QBB(Backup) file.
- “It looks like ‘QuickBooks for windows’ might be a better fit for your company” will flash on your screen. Ensure what data isn’t converted from windows. If you are satisfied then press Yes.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the file. Choose Save and give the file a name. Make sure the file name does not contain any special characters.
- Use any storage device, such as a USB flash drive, to transfer the file to your Mac.
Step 2: Restore the MAC.qbb Backup
- Update QuickBooks Mac to the latest version.
- Close down QuickBooks.
- Copy the backup to your Mac’s Documents folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop for Mac again, then go to File followed by Open Company.
- Choose Open after selecting the MAC.qbb file.
- Restore a QuickBooks for Windows file, select OK.
- Select Save after giving the restored file a name.
Note: Conversion error might appear while converting QuickBooks file from Mac to Windows.
Error in Windows (Error (-14113,0) and error c=116)
Error (-14113,0) and error c=116 might flash when you try to convert it. You can solve it by following just a series of steps-
- Open QuickBooks for Mac.
- Follow the steps that are required to resort to the list.
- Run steps to rebuild data utility procedure.
- Convert the file again.
Error in Mac (Cannot import the roundtrip file)
A message might flash on your screen “ Cannot import the roundtrip file. This was originally created with another version of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac please import it into the version it was created”. Follow the steps below in order to fix it-
- Download and reinstall the previous version of QuickBooks.
- Restore and backup company file from windows.
- Convert the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
Get Professionals Help to Convert windows QuickBooks file to mac!
There are simple ways through which you can run your QuickBooks file for Windows into Mac and vice versa. If you run into an error, the solutions for that are also simple. QuickBooks has been constantly working to ease out the accessibility factor for the application and make it easier to use for everyone. For any other inquiry, keep a check. You may also reach us by placing a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942. Our experts are available round the clock to help you resolve any QuickBooks related query.