QuickBooks is loaded with various services and features integrated for the convenience of small businesses. Payroll is one such service that can be synced with the QB application. You can acquire real-time company insights with automated reports for balance sheets, P/L Accounts, cash flow statements, and more. Moreover, you can track employee hours, pay them, give HR support and benefits, and file and pay company taxes. What more can you ask for? But think of a scenario where you cannot use all these features due to QuickBooks error 15222. If you haven’t been introduced to this error, then let us help you understand this issue with the help of this comprehensive article.
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
QuickBooks Update Error 15222 is a technical error set off at the time of updating your QuickBooks application or the payroll service to its recent updates. Downloading the recent updates of the payroll tax table can also set off the issue. Several important reasons are associated with it, from outdated QB applications to corrupted installation files. But, not just knowing the reasons will automatically resolve the problems. To fix this error, you need to implement quick and effective solutions. If you want to know the causes and solutions, keep reading, as they are thoroughly explained below.
Factors Affecting Error 15222 in QuickBooks Desktop
Prior to your attempt to eradicate the Error 15222 in QuickBooks Desktop, we do not want you to skip this important step to understand the root causes of this particular issue. The following factors might trigger and obstruct the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- When you have an active digital signature in QuickBooks, the status still shows expired or may not work.
- If you have not set Internet Explorer as your default browser, that results in QB error 15222 popping up on the screen.
- If security applications like the anti-virus program are wrongly set up, it results in issues updating the QB payroll service.
- When your system firewall is configured in a way that sees QuickBooks as a threat and therefore blocks the payroll updates.
- If the Shared Download drive is poorly mapped, it will provoke the QB update error.
- File Copy Service (FCS) is a vital part of making changes in the company file without hindering the client’s work in the application. If this FCS is disabled in the QB Desktop, it might trigger this error.
- While updating the payroll, you are not logged in as an administrator on Windows OS.
- If the installation files or components needed for the updates are missing.
Constructive Methods to Eliminate Error Code 15222 in QuickBooks Program
QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 15222 sparks off while attempting to download the latest updates for QuickBooks or the QuickBooks Payroll due to internet connectivity issues. The following are the eight robust troubleshooting solutions curated for you.
1st Troubleshooting Method: Try to Reactivate your Payroll Subscription
If you tried to update the payroll service without reactivating your account subscription, you might end up with QuickBooks update error 15222. So, the following steps are laid out for you to renew your subscription easily and rectify the issue.
Renewing subscription through QB company file
- In the Employees tab in the QB app, click on My Payroll Service.
- Then, proceed further and choose Account/Billing Info.
- Now, log in with the Intuit Account credentials, which will open the QB Account page for you.
- Now, from the Status section, click on Resubscribe.
- Lastly, follow the instructions appearing on the screen for reactivation of your QB payroll service.
Renewing subscription through Intuit account
- Go to Internet Explorer and open the web page for the Intuit website.
- Log in to the website by using your account credentials.
- Now, find the Status option in your account and click on Resubscribe.
- Then, read and follow the given instructions for activating your payroll service.
2nd Troubleshooting Method: Downloading the Updated Tax Table
Step 1: If you want to check the current tax table version
- From the Employees section, click on the option to Get Payroll Updates.
- Then, again, you can see the number in the tax table version.
- Now, go to the latest payroll news and updates to verify if it is the correct version.
- If you want to get more info. On the version of your tax table, choose Payroll Update information.
Step 2: Get the latest tax table
- Under the Employees section in QB, choose the Get Payroll Updates option.
- Now, proceed and click on Download Entire Update.
- Afterward, click Update, and a window will display on the screen as you end the download of the recent tax table.
3rd Troubleshooting Method: Installing a New Digital Signature Certificate
If you want to check the authenticity of the QB application, your digital signature certificate must be updated. However, if it is not updated or goes missing, the Intuit update server will
not allow the download of the updates.
- Firstly, access the File Manager from the Start tab.
- Begin by typing this path- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks in the File Manager window and then hit Enter.
- Then, look for the QBW32.exe file in the QB folder.
- Now, when you find the file, choose the Properties option as you right-click on the file.
- Proceed and browse the list of signatures from the tab for Digital Signature.
- Now, from the list, choose Intuit, Inc., and then click on Details.
- After that, as you see the Digital Signature Details window, choose the View Certificate option.
- Under it, select the Install Certificate.
- Further, choose the Next option followed by Finish.
- Then, reboot the PC and open the QB software to see if the QuickBooks error 15222 digital signature is fixed.
4th Troubleshooting Method: As an Administrator, Download the Payroll Updates
If you have not logged in as an admin user in Windows OS and tried downloading the updates, that is the reason behind setting the QuickBooks Error 15222 Windows 10.
- Close the QB program and right-click on the QB Desktop icon.
- Then, choose the option saying Run as administrator from the drop-down.
- As you see, a prompt message is displayed on the screen stating- Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer? then select Yes.
- Lastly, once more, give it a try to download the recent tax table and software updates.
5th Troubleshooting Method: Rectify the Update Issues with Quick Fix My Program
Utilize the Quick Fix My Program tool to rectify the problems triggered by the QuickBooks 2023 error 15222. You can get this tool from the QB Tool hub; if you do not already have it, follow the procedure mentioned in step one.
Step 1: Start with Downloading the QB Tool Hub
- To initiate the download of the QB Tool Hub download, visit Intuit’s official website and click on the QB Tool Hub download link.
- As you download the file for the QB Tool Hub, save it on your desktop.
- Then, double-click on the file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe to open it on the screen.
- Subsequently, read all the instructions and install the Tool Hub.
Step 2: Fix your QB issues by running Quick Fix My Program
- After downloading the QB Tool Hub, an icon will appear on the desktop. As you double-click on it, the Tool Hub will launch.
- Then, click on the Program Problems option & choose the Quick Fix My Program.
- Let the tool run and wait till the issue is rectified.
- Once the issue is detected and fixed, close the application.
6th Troubleshooting Method: Repairing the QB Desktop Program
Repairing the QB Desktop on your Windows OS might settle down the QuickBooks Error 15222 Windows 10. To do this, you must employ the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Start this solution by opening the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Under it, choose the option to fix Installation Issues.
- Proceed and select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option.
- The tool mostly takes about 20 minutes to run.
- After that, reboot the system and, one more time, try to download the latest updates.
7th Troubleshooting Method: Make the Internet Explorer as Default
Setting Internet Explorer as the default browser ensures QuickBooks Desktop program can easily connect to the internet to download the updates. Thus, with this solution, we will make Internet Explorer the default browser for your Windows OS.
- Begin the steps by launching the Internet Explorer browser.
- Now, go to the Tool tab or click on the Gear icon.
- Under the tab, choose Internet Options.
- Then, go and click on the Programs section.
- Under that section, select the option that says Make Default.
- Lastly, choose OK and exit from the browser.
8thTroubleshooting Method: Reset the Windows OS Firewall Settings
Firewall is different from the security applications you download on the system. It is pre-installed in Windows, protecting the computer from outside attacks. However, the Windows firewall will block several QB services if the application is not added as an exception and might provoke error code 15222 in QuickBooks. Therefore, follow the steps given below to reset the permissions in the Windows firewall:
- Launch the Windows Firewall window from the Start tab.
- Then, click on the Advanced Settings option in the window.
- Under the Advanced Settings tab, click on Inbound Rules.
- Proceed and select the New Rule by right-clicking on the Inbound Rules option.
- Then, choose Next and click on Browse after choosing the Program Path.
- Now, carefully look for the executable files mentioned below and choose only one:
- Dbmlsync.exe, DBManagerExe.exe
- FileManagement.exe, FileMovementExe.exe
- QBW32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe
- Select Next, choose the option for Allow the Connection, and again click Next.
- Further, tick-mark all the Profiles and select Next.
- Now, you must form a rule and give it a name, for example, QBFirewallException(name.exe)
- Lastly, you must repeat the steps above to make Outbound Rules.
Employing payroll service might give your business the kickstart it needs. However, regular updates are essential to access this service or even the QuickBooks software. If these updates are not installed correctly, you cannot take advantage of payroll’s new and advanced features. We hope that the methods in this article will assist you in eradicating QuickBooks Error 15222. If you feel the need for an expert by your side at the time of performing the solutions, they are just a call away from you. Contact us at +1-(855)-955-1942 and chat with the support team, as they are available for you 24/7 for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: There are several reasons why the updates are not installed on the system. Some of the major factors include outdated QuickBooks Desktop, incorrect security application configuration, invalid payroll tax table, and missing Windows installation files.
Ans: The most recent Payroll Update release was on 22nd April 2020, named 22212. There are some new and improved features, like updated tax forms and electronic e-filing and paying taxes.
Ans: This error appears when you try to download the payroll updates from the Intuit website. If the official website is under maintenance, the server will be temporarily shut down, restricting the user from downloading the recent payroll updates.