QuickBooks error 15222 happens when QuickBooks is unable to establish a stable network connection with the server in order to download update files.
Due to QuickBooks error 15222, users may experience difficulties updating payroll. This problem occurs while users are updating QuickBooks or downloading payroll. Before reading further about this issue, make sure your payroll is active by checking its status. If the payroll status is inactive, users will be unable to run payroll.
Are you unable to update QB because of QuickBooks Update Error 15222? Reach out to an expert at +1-(855)-955-1942, and they will provide you with the required solution.
Causes and Verified Solutions for QuickBooks Error 15222
3 major reasons can lead to QuickBooks error 15222. It involves problems with your internet settings, anti-spyware software, incorrect default browser settings, etc. Let’s look at these causes and their solutions in detail:
Cause 1: A Software Is Considering QBD a Threat
Certain anti-spyware, anti-adware, anti-malware can consider QuickBooks a threat. They may prevent QB from interacting with other applications and block internet access.
Solution: Update QuickBooks Related Program
If you have anti-spyware, anti-adware or anti-malware on your system, try updating these programs to allow the following exceptions-
- QBW32.exe and QBUpdate.exe processes.
- QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com, and Payroll.com domains.
Cause 2: The Internet Explorer Can’t Register Digital Signatures
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer in the background to run internet-related services. QuickBooks Update Error 15222 can occur on the system if Internet Explorer is unable to register the digital signatures.
Solution: Install Digital Signature Certificate Manually
Users can manually install a Digital Signature certificate on their system if Internet Explorer fails to do so. These are the steps users need to follow:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop application as (the Digital Signature tab will not be visible if QB runs).
- Press the Windows Start button and search for QBW32.exe. Generally, you can find it by following the path C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right-click on QBW32.exe and click on Properties.
- Tap on the Digital Signature tab and Intuit Inc. must be selected in the signature list.
- Tap on details>Digital Signature Details window and tap on the View Certificate.
- Go to the Certificate window and Select Install Certificate.
- Keep on clicking Next until Finish appears. Then tap on Finish.
- Reboot your system.
- Now, rerun QuickBooks and try to download the update.
Cause 3: Internet Explorer is Not Set as Default Browser
QuickBooks use Internet Explorer in the background to access internet-related services. If you have more than one browser on your system, there is a possibility that QuickBooks Update Error 15222 is occurring because Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser.
Solution: Make Internet Explorer your Primary Browser
These are the steps you need to follow to fix QuickBooks Error Code 15222-
- Run Internet Explorer.
- Tap on the Gear icon in the upper right corner or click the Tools button.
- Then tap on Internet options and go to the Programs tab.
- Tap on the Make Default button from Default Web Browser.
- Then click on OK.
Allow Experts to help you fix QuickBooks Update Error 15222!
We discussed the various causes for it and their respective solutions to fix QuickBooks Payroll error 15222. If you still have any doubts and need some technical assistance, reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline number +1-(855)-955-1942 and they will provide you with all the required guidance.