If QuickBooks error 248 is making it difficult for you to use QuickBooks, You don’t need to worry since you are on the right platform. As you can see from the title up there, this blog is about fixing QuickBooks Company File Error 248. If you have been looking for the best method to fix it for a while. You can find the precise answer you’re looking for here.
Need expert’s advice to resolve QuickBooks Error 248? Talk to our professionals at +1-(855)-955-1942 and get your issue resolved in minimum time.
What Is QuickBooks Desktop Error 248?
When a user tries to make a backup of the QB business file in QB, then QuickBooks Desktop error 248 occurs. Or When users are processing payroll for their employees or tacking the backup company file in QuickBooks, this issue occurs. Additionally, the issue might occur when executing payroll from within the QuickBooks program. One of the primary causes of the error is a damaged QuickBooks company file. You need to fix utilizing the rebuild data software. The main causes of the QB error 248 along with some efficient troubleshooting techniques are below.
When the error occurs, a screen message stating “QuickBooks company file not found” appears.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 248
Usually, when we need solutions to solve a problem, identifying its root cause can be beneficial in solving the issue. Similarly let’s learn the causes of this error here, making it simple to select the appropriate repair method. QB Enterprise Error 248 typically happens for two causes and they are as follows:
- A problem with the business file. (Use solutions #1 and #2)
- Employee overpayment. (Adopt solution 3)
Best Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error 248
Here, we provide three answers to two problems:
Problem 1- When you see the QuickBooks error 248, the first method will be appropriate to troubleshoot the error. And these fixes are a result of the primary cause of the mistake, which is a problem with the company file.
Problem 2- The second reason for the issue, “Overpaying of an Employee,” also leads to the remedy. And the last option will work if you encounter this issue while processing payroll in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Run Rebuild Data Utility for QuickBooks
Users can locate and repair damage to the QuickBooks data file with the help of the utility’s Verify and Rebuild data feature. Follow the instructions below to run the utility:
- Launch QuickBooks and click the File tab’s Utilities option.
- The option to choose next is Rebuild Data.
- Before continuing to the following step, wait until the utility has completed its task.
- Now attempt backing up your QuickBooks company file by adhering to the directions displayed on your computer.
- When the backup procedure is finished, click OK.
Solution 2: Verify Data Utility
The QuickBooks software called “Verify Data” aids users in identifying potential data integrity issues within corporate reports. To put it into practise, adhere to the directions below:
- Running the Rebuild Data tool is the next step.
- In order to do this, click Verify Data under Utilities on the File tab.
- The QuickBooks error 248 is fixed if executing the Rebuild Data tool yields the following result: “QuickBooks detected no problem with your data.”
- Run the Rebuild programme once more to fix the issue if the tool identifies one.
After completing this process of troubleshooting, move on to the subsequent solutions if QuickBooks Rebuild Error 248 still exists.
Solution 3: Add Items in QuickBooks
When processing payroll, QuickBooks error 248 may appear if payroll taxes or an employee have been overpaid. The steps listed below should be followed to fix the QuickBooks Rebuild Error 248:
- Open QuickBooks software.
- Go to QuickBooks’ List section.
- Select New Item after clicking the Payroll List Option button.
- After that, select Customer Setup and then click Next to continue.
- Give the object you want to add to the QuickBooks program a name now.
- Choose the proper account to link the item to.
- Click Next twice and select None of the Tax Tracking Type choices.
- Next, select Neither and press the Next button.
- To complete the task, enter the overpaid amount and select Finish.
Need More Help To Fix QuickBooks Data File Error 248?
You can troubleshoot Intuit problem code 248 using the solutions that were just mentioned.
This article is a sincere attempt to assist people who are experiencing QuickBooks error 248. Contact a professional by calling the QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942. If you are unsure about any of the aforementioned processes, you can contact us. You will quickly be put in touch with one of our knowledgeable QB experts, who will help you resolve the error.
Frequently Asked Questions
The QuickBooks error 248 appears on the screen when you try to create a backup of your QB company file or while you process payroll for your employees.
The damaged company file or an employee overpayment are the two primary reasons that trigger QuickBooks error 249.
You can use Rebuild Data Utility or Verify Data Utility Tool to resolve error 249 in QuickBooks. Additionally, you can also add an additional item to Reimburse the Payment to quickly fix error 249.
The detailed steps for all three solutions are given in the blog above.