QuickBooks Error 15271 is a common error that appears to users when they try to update QB Payroll. It makes the task of downloading or installing payroll more complicated and hampers the productivity. Thus, you need to resolve this error 15271 immediately. This blog will help you clarify your doubts and queries regarding error 15271 in QuickBooks. And will also provide you with advanced troubleshooting steps.
Read the complete article regarding error 15271 in QuickBooks Enterprise and carefully go through the solutions step by step.
What is QuickBooks Error 15271?
QuickBooks Error 15271 is a common 15-series error that appears when the user downloads the recent version of the QuickBooks Desktop application. This error makes it impossible for the users to update to the latest version and use the updated features of the application. We describe the error 15271 QuickBooks enterprise as A File can not be validated error because Windows fails to validate a download file for its integrity.
The error message that the users see on their screen while coming across the QuickBooks Desktop Pro Error 15271 says:
Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
What Causes the QuickBooks Error 15271?
The main reason why this QuickBooks Error 15271 appears on the screen is that QuickBooks fails to approve the downloaded file. However, there are other reasons that might trigger the error 15271 in QB; these include:
- If the QB pro application is not completely installed on the system or the downloaded file for the same is corrupted, you may face Error Message 15271 in Updating QuickBooks.
- If you have damaged or corrupted the Windows registry because of some recent changes in the QuickBooks Pro software, the error 15271 may appear.
- You may face the error 15271 in QuickBooks Enterprise if any virus or malware attack has corrupted the Windows file system or program file on the system.
- By any chance, the QuickBooks pro-related files got deleted then; this may also lead to this problem.
- If the Windows files required for running QuickBooks are damaged or corrupted, then the error 15271 may appear.
- Wrong SSL settings of Internet Explorer can also cause the QuickBooks Enterprise Error 15271 to appear.
- An outdated Tax slab can also cause you to face the error 15271 in QB.
What are the signs to identify QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15271?
There are following signs and symptoms that can help find and understand the nature and impact of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15271.
- Your system gets slow, and the QB application crashes every now and then.
- The Windows OS works extremely slowly.
- Your PC shuts down again and again.
- The error message for QB error 15271 appears on the screen.
What are the important points to consider before fixing QuickBooks Error Message 15271?
We recommend you carry out some simple steps, like taking the backup of the company file before beginning the process to fix the issue.
- First, initiate and open the QB desktop application.
- Then move to the File menu and hit click on the Backup company.
- After that, tap on the Create local backup option.
- Then move to the next step and follow the on-screen prompts and create a backup of the company file.
How to Fix Error 15271 in the QuickBooks Desktop Application?
After you have created a backup file for your files, follow the steps given below to fix the error 15271 in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Turning Off the UAC settings in Windows
To resolve the error 15271 in QB, you must turn off the User Account Control (UAC) in Windows by following the given steps:
- Steps to be performed on Windows Vista
- First, choose the Windows option and go to the Control Panel.
- Then you need to type the UAC in the search box and hit the Enter key on the keyboard.
- After that, click on the turn ON or Off option for user account control (UAC).
- Next, click OK and reboot your device.
- Steps to be performed on Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Go to the Control Panel Settings option first.
- In Windows 7: Click on the Start button and then the Control Panel option.
- In Windows 8: First, from the Start menu, you need to type the word Control Panel, then go to the Control Panel option.
- Then in the search box, you need to enter the word UAC (User Account Control).
- Next, hit a click on the Change User Account Control settings option.
- After that, turn the setting off and move the slider to the Never notify option.
- Then, click OK and enter the Admin password to the confirmation window if prompted. Now, if you want to make any other changes, then restart your system.
- Next, you can also turn your UAC settings ON and move the slider to you want to be notified option, and click the OK button.
Important Points to understand:
- Hopefully, this step will help you in resolving error 15271. However, if the error still persists, you need to restart your QB application.
- If the QuickBooks Update Service message window appears again, you need to click on the Install Later option and then reset your QB release update.
Solution 2: Clean Install the QuickBooks in Selective Start-up mode.
- First, press the Windows tab and then hold the R key on the keyboard.
- Then, it will pop up a Run dailog box on the screen.
- Type the word Msconfig and then hit the OK button.
- Then, in the next step, you need to choose the Selective startup option under the General tab in the main menu.
- After that, commence the process further by choosing the Load System services.
- Then, move forward to the Services tab and click on the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Next, move on to the Disable all option and click on it.
- Also, uncheck the option saying Hide all Microsoft services.
- Then, verify the Windows installer is checked and confirm the service list. Checkmark the same thing and hit OK.
- After that, in the System configuration option, hit a click on the Restart tab.
- Lastly, successfully uninstall and then reinstall the QuickBooks application.
Solution 3: Clean the system junk files to fix the error 15271 in QuickBooks.
- First, you need to Conduct a full malware scan on the system.
- Then comes the Clean the junk files option.
- After that, update the PC device drivers as instantly.
- Next, go back to the Windows system to Restore them and then fix them as recent system changes.
- Then, choose the option to Uninstall or reinstall the QuickBooks pro application having the critical error 15271.
- After that, again run the Windows system file checker and try to Install the latest available Windows updates.
- Lastly, carry out a Clean installation of the Windows Operating System.
Solution 4: Update the Quickbooks Application to the latest release.
- First, select the Update QuickBooks option from the Help menu.
- Then, go to the Options tab on the Update QuickBooks window.
- Next, click on the Update QuickBooks window and turn on the automatic updates.
- Lastly, conclude the process by clicking on the Close button.
- Then the QuickBooks software will automatically download the latest release update.
Solution 5: Install the Payroll Updates in Windows Safe Mode to fix QuickBooks Giving Error 15271.
- First, click on the Start button on your desktop and then select the Restart option from the Shutdown menu.
- Then, during the time the Windows reboots, you have to continuously press the F8 key on your keyboard to get the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- After that, from the navigation keys on your keyboard, select the Safe Mode option and press Enter.
- Next, after the Window reboots in Safe Mode, you need to install the payroll updates once again.
- If you still face the error 15271 QuickBooks enterprise, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 6: Make changes in the system registry to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15271.
Users reported that altering certain actions in the Windows Registry can also fix the error 15721 in QuickBooks. The guidelines for the same are given below:
- First, Apply any registry repair system where you would repair the damaged registry entries that are related to your QuickBooks software.
- After that, you need to press the Start tab and write the command word in the search dialogue box.
- Also, make sure that you are not hitting the Enter key at this time.
- Then press the Ctrl+ Shift keys together and afterward hit the Enter key.
- Next, go the next step is to click on Yes when the permission dialogue box appears.
- Then a black box with a blinking cursor will appear on the screen.
- Write regedit on the screen and hit Enter.
- Then, you would have to select error 15271 from the registry editor.
- Next, you need to choose the Export option from the File menu.
- Then, choose the Folder where you wish to save the data backup and then select the Save option.
- Also, save the file and make sure that the selected Branch is from the Export range.
- And then, you need to fix the malware attack contamination by using the malware expulsion system.
- Lastly, Remove all the understandable ad and garbage records from the system.
Solution 7: Download The Latest Payroll Tax Tables to fix QuickBooks error 15271.
- For this process, launch the QB application and go to the Employees tab.
- Then, click on the Get Payroll Updates option; in the following window, click on the Download Entire Payroll Update.
- Finally, you need to click on the Download Latest Update option and get the notifications when updates get completed.
Seek The Experts Help!!
Hopefully, the above-given blog will help you identify the main problem with QuickBooks Error 15721 and implement the solutions for it. And hopefully, it will resolve the error for you. Just make sure that you always keep your QB application and your Windows Operating System up to date, as the outdated versions of these two may also cause you to face certain errors. Apart from that, if you face any other issue regarding the QuickBooks application, you can connect with our QuickBooks experts by calling us at our Toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
QuickBooks Error 15271 is an update and maintenance release error and appears when the user attempts to update, install or download the QB Desktop version where the Pro/Payroll/Desktop.
The operating systems Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, and XP are mostly affected by the QuickBooks error 15271, mostly due to incorrect Internet Explore configuration.
To fix the error 15271 in QuickBooks, follow the solutions given in the blog above. These solutions include Configuring UAC settings, Clean installing QuickBooks in selective start-up mode, making changes to the system registry etc.
Yes, turning off UAC settings on the system can help you fix the error code 15271 in QuickBooks.
If you need steps to turn the UAC off, Read More Here.
Yes, if the SSL settings of IE are incorrect, it can trigger the error code 15271 in QuickBooks. This is because QB uses Internet Explorer to access its online services.