Getting stuck at QuickBooks Error 108 is the most common thing that users face while using QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Self-Employed. It is a common banking error that arises due to technical glitches or some other faults at the banking end. It can creep into your system and can hamper your work productivity. However, if you are also suffering from QuickBooks error 108, get practical solutions to rectify this error with us. In this blog, we will provide you with easy-to-understand and detailed troubleshooting solutions to rectify QB Error 108, so follow the complete article.
What exactly is QuickBooks Error 108?
QuickBooks Error 108 is an online banking error in QuickBooks that is triggered by issues in online banking. It appears when a user logs into QuickBooks Online or QB self-employed and affects the process of downloading banking transactions in QuickBooks. The error message for QB Error 108 clearly states that the error 108 in QB arises because of some miscommunication from the bank’s or credit card’s website. And if the proper solutions are not implemented to rectify it, it can creep into your system for months. And will not allow you to sync your QuickBooks to your financial institution. Thus, to rectify this error, read the next part of the article.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 108 to emerge in your system?
QuickBooks Error 108 generally emerges due to some fault on the bank’s side that does not allow it to acknowledge your credentials. Sometimes, however, the error 108 in QB can also relate to technical issues like connection problems with QB and issues with installation. The other reasons for the QB error 108 are described below:
- Some Unread Notifications from the Bank
There might be chances that your bank has recently undergone some important changes. In such cases, the bank sends you notifications to inform you about those changes and new offers. However, sometimes the notifications regarding the steps you need to take in order to connect your QuickBooks according to the new changes remain unread under your online banking account. And this can become a reason for the appearance of the Error 108.
These notifications can be something like this:
- A new service terms.
- Some Special offers.
- Site changes or maintenance announcements.
- Pop-up Blockers Installed on the System
Sometimes, the ad blockers installed on your system or the antivirus programs with inbuilt popup blockers can also cause QB Error 108 to pop up on your screen.
- Credential Problems/ Verification Issues while connecting QuickBooks to your bank
Whenever you need to log in to your online banking using QuickBooks, your bank requires you to verify your identity for security reasons. And by entering the credentials, you verify yourself. But, sometimes, entering an invalid username and password can lead to QuickBooks Error 108.
- Issues with Bank Server
If there is some issue or fault in your bank server, you won’t be able to connect to the bank servers smoothly, and thus, it will trigger error 108 in QuickBooks.
- Multiple QuickBooks Versions on the System
QB error 108 can also emerge if the user has more than one QB application installed on the system.
How can you identify QuickBooks Error 108?
Apart from the error message, some other signs can also indicate the presence of error 108 in QB. Note down the following signs that would help you identify QuickBooks Error 108.
- The error messages elaborating the error code 108 get displayed on the screen.
- Not being able to work on QuickBooks is another sign of QuickBooks error 108.
- Crashing of QuickBooks program window.
- Sluggish performance of the system.
Things to do before troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 108
Before troubleshooting error 108 in QB, you need to check with your bank facility if the issue is from their side. Problems at their end can also cause you to face QB Error 108, so try checking the following things with your bank first before proceeding ahead.
- Check for Credit Card or Bank Site Notification Messages.
Sometimes, unnoticed messages related to some new rules, services, etc., from the Bank or Credit Card can also cause you to face this error. To fix this, visit the relevant website and perform the following steps.
- First, sign in to your online bank account from the browser.
- Then, check for any notification from the bank that requires immediate action. You can also clear out unnecessary notifications.
- Access the important notifications and perform the actions as directed in the notification tab.
- Get the Banking Updates
If you do not run an updated banking feature in the QB software, chances are you will be facing QB error 108. Thus, simply update the feature and also ensure to use a supported internet browser to get rid of the error.
- First, open the QuickBooks software.
- Then, look for the Banking option there and then press the button.
- After that, hit the Update Feature.
- Wait till the Bank’s Server gets Available.
Whenever you need to connect your QuickBooks to Bank and conduct some operations through it, you need your bank servers to be up. If this server is down, chances are that you will face QuickBooks Error 108.
So, if you also face the error, open your browser and check the website of your bank. Check whether the site is accessible or indicating any server problem. If there is a server issue, wait till the server gets available again and then check for the website once again. After that, if this error still persists, go to the troubleshooting solutions to rectify it.
Troubleshooting Solutions for QuickBooks error 108
The QuickBooks error 108 can easily be resolved by upgrading the software and updating the recent banking credentials in it. The upgrading can help you enhance the features and let you connect QB with your bank. And using the latest credentials will help you verify your identity and reduce the chance of seeing error 108 in QuickBooks. Read below for the best troubleshooting solutions for this error.
Solution 1: Disable the Pop-up blockers to resolve QuickBooks Error 108
- Firstly, go to the settings option of the browser that you use for opening your QuickBooks Online account.
- Then search for any installed Extensions.
- If you find any Popup blockers installed on your system, select the option to block and disable the pop-up blockers.
- Now, you need to go to the settings of your antivirus program and then locate any popup blocker feature there. If you find any popup blocker there, disable it.
- After that, clear your browser’s cookies and caches also.
- Then, you need to close your browser and re-open it again.
- Next, press and hold the Ctrl key and sign in to your bank website.
- Lastly, log in to QuickBooks Online and try to download the banking transactions in QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Run the System File Checker Tool to resolve the QuickBooks Error 108.
Utilizing the SFC Tool can help you to scan and resolve the QuickBooks Banking error 108.
- To start with, type the word cmd in the Start menu or in the Run command search bar after pressing Windows + R.
- Then, do not directly press the Enter key, instead press and hold the Ctrl+ Shift keys together and then hit Enter.
- This will prompt a permission dialog box on your screen; you need to press Yes on it.
- Once you click Yes, you will find a black box with a blinking cursor appearing on your screen. Type and Enter the word SFC/scannow.
- This action will prompt the System File Checker to run and scan your files. To proceed ahead with the operations, follow the on-screen instructions.
Solution 3: Update your Banking Info in QuickBooks Online to resolve QuickBooks Error 108.
If you have recently changed your online banking login credentials, then update the new login information in QuickBooks. It will help your QuickBooks to connect successfully with your bank account. This will also allow QB to fetch your account information and thus will resolve the QuickBooks error 108.
- First, you need to open your bank account in QuickBooks Online from the Banking tab.
- Then, click on the Pencil icon under the Account Name menu.
- After that, click on the Edit Sign-in Info button and then enter the new login id and password of your online banking.
Solution 4: Check your Firewall Settings to resolve the QuickBooks Error 108.
Sometimes, unconfigured Firewall Settings can also cause QuickBooks to face QB Error 108. So you need to verify its settings by following the given steps:
- First, start by login into your computer as an Administrator.
- Then, ensure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks; if not, then make it up to date.
- Next, check the Firewall settings to ensure that it doesn’t block access to QuickBooks company files.
- After that, also make sure to check the internet security settings on your system.
Read Also- How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 3260– Unable to Complete Transactions
Solution 5: Manage Windows Updates to resolve the QuickBooks Error 108.
Updating Windows can also eliminate some common glitches in QB, like Banking Error 108. Follow these steps to update:
- First, tap the Start button and search for the Updates option by typing the word Update in the search bar.
- Next, You will see a Windows Update dialog box on the screen.
- Here, check if any updates are available and click the Install Updates option if required.
Thoughts in Conclusion
These are the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks Error 108. However, you need to ensure that the QuickBooks application is updated to the latest version before proceeding ahead with the troubleshooting solutions. However, to check the version of QuickBooks that you are currently using, go to QuickBooks and then press the F2 key or Ctrl+1 keys alternatively. It will display the Product Information Window. Check there on the top left of the product information window. You will find the version of QuickBooks that you are using. If you feel you need further assistance with QuickBooks, call us on our toll-free number to connect with our QuickBooks Experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
To fix the QB error 108, you need to update the latest login information of your bank account in QuickBooks. This includes your username, email id, and password.
If you have not performed the necessary steps mentioned in any notification from your bank, you can face QuickBooks Error 108. However, sometimes any technical issue at the bank side can also cause QuickBooks Error 108.
Internet Explorer is used as a default browser by QuickBooks for all of its online background activities. Make sure Internet Explorer is only set as the default browser on your system for the smooth functioning of QuickBooks.