QuickBooks Point of Sale application is highly useful in managing offline and online store businesses. It helps you keep a record of your financial transactions and inventory. Sometimes users might not be able to use the application properly due to QuickBooks Error 3260. It occurs due to a lack of access rights to your computer. Users run into this error during a financial exchange between QuickBooks Point of Sale and QuickBooks Desktop. The error message that appears on the screen is:
Status code 3260: Status message: Insufficient permission level to perform this action
Unable to complete a transaction due to QuickBooks error status code 3260? Reach out to an expert at +1-(855)-955-1942, and they can provide you with to fix it.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Status Code 3260
The primary cause for QuickBooks status code 3260 is the lack of permissions for your computer. In simple words, your system does not have administrator rights and thus cannot continue with the financial transactions that the user is trying to complete. Another possible reason is the failure of the web connector to create transactions in the QuickBooks application.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3260
There are three ways to fix QuickBooks error 3260. It includes changing user’s permission and role, running the QuickBooks application as administrator and logging into the QuickBooks desktop file as administrator. Let’s look into these methods in detail:
Method 1: Changing Users Roles and Responsibility
Every user profile on your system has a defined role and responsibility. QuickBooks Error Code 3260 can appear on your screen if the task you are trying to complete does not have the required roles and responsibilities. You can Change these roles by following these steps:-
- Run QuickBooks Point of Sale and go to the Company tab.
- Now click on Users options and choose Setup Users and Roles option and a new window will open up.
- Go to the User List tab and select the user you want to change permissions for.
- Click on View Permission and Role button and tap on assigned roles.
- You can now make changes in the assigned roles or add new roles if that is required.
Method 2: Run the Application in Administrator Mode
Running an application in Administrator mode grants the user certain permissions, which may help you resolve QuickBooks insufficient permission level error 3260. These are the steps you need to follow:
- Press the Windows start button and go to the search bar.
- Type in QuickBooks Point of Sale and right-click on its icon.
- Select Properties and go to the Compatibility menu.
- Tickmark the box for ‘Run this program as an Administrator’.
- Then click on Apply and close the properties window.
- Now follow the same steps again for QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks Company File From Admin Profile
Multiple users can access the company file simultaneously, and each user has a defined set of permissions. You may face QuickBooks error status code 3260 if the profile you are using does not have the required permissions. These are the steps you need to follow:
- Run QuickBooks Application and tap on the File menu.
- Click on Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Now again, tap on the File tab and select Close Company/Log off (The visible option depends upon the version of QuickBooks you are using).
- Now log in to your company file from an Admin user profile.
Allow Experts to help you Fix QuickBooks Error 3260!
Running your application as an administrator grants a lot many permissions to the application and directs extra resources for it. We hope that it will help you fix QuickBooks Error 3260, but if the error still occurs on your system and you have no idea what should be done, contact an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline number +1-(855)-955-1942 and they will provide you with all the required technical assistance.