Is your QuickBooks application also triggering the Quickbooks Error 15311 when you download or install the QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll Updates? If yes, then, as per Intuit, there might be an issue with the digital signature certificates for the QuickBooks application. These digital certificates authenticate the connection with the server so that your software can download the updated files from the internet. However, in any case, if the connection can not be authenticated for some reason, then you can face Quickbooks Error 15311. The causes and troubleshooting methods for this particular error are described in detail in this blog.
Read the complete blog to understand the underlying causes.
Need expert’s advice to resolve Quickbooks Error 15311? Talk to our professionals at +1-(855)-955-1942 and get your issue resolved in minimum time.
Quickbooks Error 15311: Explanation
QuickBooks Error 15311 is a part of the 15XXX series of errors and falls under the category of a payroll error. It affects the update function of the QuickBooks application by appearing while attempting to update the payroll services of QuickBooks. The QuickBooks Error 15311 appears on the screen as the error message saying:
“Server Not Responding
Problem – Error 15311: QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the updated file. ”
Error Name: Quickbooks Error 15311
“Error 15311: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Quickbooks Error 15311: Signs
Understanding the symptoms can help you better know the root cause of the error. Thus, it helps you can easily identify the error and implement the respective solutions. Here are the signs and symptoms that you might notice when facing Quickbooks Error 15311:
- Error message describing the Quickbooks Error 15311 appears on the screen.
- An active window crashes abruptly when the QB error 15311 pops up.
- The windows operating system responds slowly to the input commands of the mouse or keyboard.
- The device freezes frequently.
- You are not able to continue your work with the QuickBooks Payroll software.
Quickbooks Error 15311: Causes and Reasons
The most common reason for the appearance of QuickBooks Error 15311 is the unverified digital signature. However, other reasons may also trigger QuickBooks Error 15311; these include
- Some of the crucial QuickBooks processes have got interrupted in the background, causing the error 15311 to appear.
- Misconfigured internet connection settings may have blocked QuickBooks from accessing the internet. And this has restricted QuickBooks from downloading the required update file.
- Windows Firewall is obstructing QuickBooks ports and causing network connectivity issues. It might be resulting in QuickBooks error 15311.
- Some third-party security apps installed on your Windows must have identified QB as a threat to Windows security. And this is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the internet.
- Quickbooks files on your system have got damaged or damaged.
- Issues with Windows Registry on your system.
- Some important files on your system are missing.
- Your system might have got affected by viruses or Malware.
- You might have entered the wrong product key.
- There might be some browser-related issues.
- You have downloaded or installed a corrupted QB File.
Also Know- How to resolve QuickBooks Error 12057
Quickbooks Error 15311: Troubleshooting Procedures
We will try to download and install the digital signature certificates to resolve Quickbooks Error 15311, along with implementing the other resolutions.
Procedure 1: Running REboot.bat Batch File to reregister the QB Files and resolve Quickbooks Error 15311
Reboot.bat is a batch file that allows QuickBooks re-register .DLL and .OCX files. These files are responsible for performing several functions that QuickBooks generally requires.
- Quit the QuickBooks desktop application on your device.
- Then, click right on the QB icon and choose the Properties option.
- Next, tap on the Open File Location option to open the QB installation folder on your device.
- Ensure that the options for Windows Hidden Files and Folders are set to display.
- Next, you need to locate the Reboot.bat file in the folder and click right on it.
- Next, you need to select the Run as Administrator option.
- Now, wait till this Reboot file reregisters all the QB files.
- Lastly, the black command prompt window will automatically disappear. Then, try to update your QB desktop application after it disappears.
Still Confused? Talk to Our Professionals.
Give us a call at +1-(855)-955-1942
Procedure 2: Download and Install the Digital Signature Certificate to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15311
1. First, press the Windows key and then type the word QBW32.exe in the search box.
2. If you cannot find the file, click on the More Results option.
3. Next, click on the Computer icon on the screen that appears there.
4. Now, find the QBW.exe file in the search results here. It would be a type of application.
5. Next, click right on the QBW3.exe and then go to its Properties.
6. Here, you need to tap on the Digital Signature.
7. Next, make sure that the Intuit Inc option is checked in the list.
8. Further, click on the Details option.
9. Now, in the Digital Signature Details window, select the View Certificate option.
10. A certificate window will appear on the screen; select the Install Certificate option.
11. Here, keep clicking on the Next option until the Finish button appears.
12. Click the Finish button once it appears.
13. Then, restart your computer to allow these changes to happen and then open QuickBooks to check if the QuickBooks error 15311 still persists.
Procedure 3: Check Your Internet Explorer Settings to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15311
- Go to the date and time section at the bottom right corner of your screen. Ensure that both of them are set correctly.
- If not, then go to the Change Date and Time settings option present there.
- Click on the Time display option and do as follows:
- Tap on Rectify Date and Time.
- Set the Time Zone and then select the Correct Time Zone.
- Next, verify the Cipher Strength.
- Now, you need to go to the official website of Intuit.
- Next, press the Alt key to go to the menu bar.
- Then, tap on File, then the Properties option.
- Here, you need to check the number under the connection option and then phrase bit encryption.
- Next, you have to update the settings through the Tools menu and then to Internet Options.
- Select all the temporary files here and then delete them by pressing the Delete key on the keyboard.
- Next, go to the Connections tab and then select the LAN settings.
- Here, mark the checkbox next to the Automatically Detect Settings option.
- If you do not use the Proxy servers, make sure the option there are blank.
- Next, scroll down to the Advanced tab and mark SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- If the box next to Publisher’s Certificate is already marked, make sure to clear it.
- Once again, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the list on the Advanced tab.
- Here, ensure that the TLS 2.0 option is unchecked. In case it is marked there, clear the box.
Procedure 4: Check if the Payroll Service Key You are entering is correct
You might also encounter QuickBooks Error 15311 if you have entered an incorrect service key for your payroll subscription. So, it is essential to make sure to enter the correct payroll service key.
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll and first check if your subscription is active.
- If the Payroll Service is not active, then activate it.
- However, if it is active, then check for the software update. If it requires to update then do it.
- After the update, enter the service key.
- This will allow you to check if you are entering the correct key or not.
- Next, at the top left corner of QuickBooks, click on the Employees menu.
- From there, choose the My Payroll Service option from further drop-down options, then tap on the Manage Service Key option.
- Next, click on the Edit option. It will show you to check for the key.
- After that, click on the Next button, followed by the Finish button.
- You need to restart your system after completing the above method and refresh the settings that you just performed.
Procedure 5: Install QuickBooks again in Safe Mode to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15311
- First, you need to open the Run window by pressing the Windows + R button together. You can also type Run in the Start menu and then press Enter.
- On the bottom left of your screen, a Run window will appear.
- You have to type Msconfig In the text field of the Run window and then hit Enter.
- A System Configuration window will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Boot option in this window.
- A next window will open up.
- Next, you need to remove the tick mark against the box of Safe Boot.
- Here, you need to click on the Apply button to apply all the changes and then click OK and close the window.
- Next, Restart your system but in Safe mode.
- Once done with this, run the software again to check for QuickBooks Error 5311.
Procedure 6: Reset QuickBooks Desktop Updates to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15311.
This method will reset all the QuickBooks updates and thus will ensure the user does not face the same issue that he was facing during previous updates.
- Open your QB and go to the Help tab and then click on the Update QuickBooks option.
- Next, navigate to the Update Now tab and then click on the Reset Updates checkbox.
- Then, click on the Get Updates option to download the updates of the application once again.
- Once the updates get downloaded, exit the QuickBooks application and reopen it again.
- Next, go back to the Update QB window and then click Install Now option there.
This was a comprehensive guide for QuickBooks Error 15311. However, you can also try to resolve the error 15311 in Quickbooks using the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool. You just have to download and install the QB tool hub. After that, just launch the QB install Diagnostic Tool to resolve any installation-related issue. Also, try to run QuickBooks as an administrator to resolve the error 15311. As sometimes, running the application as an admin can automatically resolve the error. You can also contact our Support Experts for any additional assistance.
Still having issues? Call us at +1-(855)-955-1942
Frequently Asked Questions
You face QuickBooks Error 15311 if QuickBooks can not verify the digital signature for the updated file. The other issues are listed in the blog above.
You can run the QuickBooks Payroll Services to check and verify whether that is working or not. Also, make sure that you have an active Payroll subscription. And after that, if you still face the error 15311, then you can opt for the methods given above.