Don’t you think making payments is a difficult task? To make payments easy, QuickBooks users has to connect their bank account to QB. You need to set up your bank account or credit card in the application in order to manage the transactions. Sometimes you might not go through with your transactions because of banking Error 324 in QuickBooks.
Banking Error 324 in QuickBooks means QB fails to find your account when connecting to your bank or credit card website.
To avoid your system from getting freezed, go through the steps that we have covered in the next part of this blog.
Unable to complete your transactions because of banking error 324? An expert is a call away, dial +1(855)-955-1942 and they will guide you in the best possible manner.
Why does QuickBooks Error 324 Occur?
Changes made to your bank account could trigger QuickBooks problem 324. Your information may have been changed, your account may have been closed, or your bank account may have been moved to a new server. Let’s have a look at all of the possibilities:
- Your account has been changed or moved it to a different server by credit card company or bank.
- You changed your data (such as- account name or other information) on your bank or credit card company’s website.
- A new account or credit card was issued by your bank or credit card’s company.
- Your bank account or credit card account has been shut down by you.
Steps to Deal With Banking Error 324 in QuickBooks
To fix banking problem 324 in QuickBooks, you must manually check and update your account. You have the option of disconnecting and reconnecting your old account or creating a new account and merging both accounts. These are the actions you must take to do this:
Step 1:- Manually Update and Check Your Account
There are two different sets of steps that you can follow based on the version of QuickBooks you are using:
For QuickBooks Online
- First, Sign in to your QBO account.
- Move to the Banking or Transaction Menu and click on the Update button.
- Find a banner on the Banking or Transaction menu. Ta on the Check connections link, and follow the onscreen steps to fix it if this error still occurs.
For QuickBooks Self-Employed
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Self-Employed account.
- Tap on the Profile icon to select Bank Accounts.
- Tap on Refresh all.
- Go to the Transaction Menu, if error still persists. Find a banner and tap on the Check connections link and follow the onscreen steps to fix it.
IMPORTANT: Contact us if the associated account vanishes after you click the Check Connections link. We’ll go through your accounts to see what’s the issue.
Step 2: Connect Your New Bank Account or Credit Card
If you have a new bank account number or credit card, you have two alternatives. Either preserve your previous QuickBooks account or create a new one and merge the old and new accounts:
Keep your Old Account in QuickBooks
Disconnect your old bank account and reconnect it to QB Chart of accounts. It will refresh your bank connection and QuickBooks Error 324 will be fixed.
1. Disconnect your old Bank Account
Go through the steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 324:
- First, Select the Banking Menu>Banking Tab.
- For the bank account, Choose the tile>Pencil Icon.
- Now, Go to Edit account info.
- Tick the ‘Disconnect this account on save’ checkbox.
NOTE: You won’t be able to see this option if QB is downloading new transactions. You have to Wait a few minutes to complete the update and try again.
- Click on Save and reconnect the account.
2. Connect a Bank/credit card Account
You can connect both business and personal accounts, but sort out personal ones from business transactions.
- Click on the Banking/Transactions Menu and Go to Banking tab.
- If you already have an account, select Add/Link account. If you don’t have an account, Go to Connect account on the landing page.
- Look for your bank. Note: Upload your bank transactions manually to QBO, If you can’t find your bank.
- Select Continue and sign into your bank by entering the right bank credentials.
- To connect, you need to follow the steps that appear on your screen. It may take some time as your bank needs additional security checks.
- Now, you need to choose the accounts you want to connect among savings, checking, or credit cards. Also, choose the matching account type from the list.
NOTE: In case, there’s no right account type, select + Add new to create a new bank/credit card account in your chart of accounts.
- For new bank accounts:
- Select Bank from Account Type dropdown.
- Under the Detail Type, Click Savings or Checking.
- Name your account and select Save then close.
- For new credit card accounts:
- Select Credit card from Account Type dropdown.
- Give a name to your account and click on Save then close.
- For new bank accounts:
- Click On Connect. (You must select how far you want to download transactions. Some financial institutions allow you to retrieve your transactions from the previous 90 days. Other banks allow you to download transactions for upto 24 months).
Start a New Account in QuickBooks
Connect your new bank account or credit card number to your QuickBooks chart of accounts by following the steps below. Now, disconnect the old account that you had kept in your chart of accounts and merge the old and new accounts using the methods below.
Thanks for stopping by! So, hopefully, you now know what to do if QuickBooks online error 324 occurs on your system. If your problem remains unsolved, the next step is to get help from a professional at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions helpline number +1(855)-955-1942 for instant resolution.