Installing QuickBooks is usually an error-free procedure, but specific errors can cause a hindrance in the installation process. “Error 1303- Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. “C:\Intuit” is one of the errors that cause a fuss. This article is for you if you’re receiving QuickBooks error code 1303. We have explained the best solutions to rectify this error and make QuickBooks installation smooth.
What Is QuickBooks Error Code 1303?
Error 1303 is an error that a user experiences while installing QuickBooks software. This error usually occurs when neither the SYSTEM nor the Everyone group has Full Control access to the directory stated in error. It appears on user’s screen while installing specific applications, and QuickBooks is one of them. Thankfully, the error is fixable. You can either use the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool or the manual methods to fix the error. You will receive the Error message on the screen displaying-
"Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. "C:\...\Intuit"
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 1303
A few factors can cause QuickBooks error code 1303. These are the most common cause of this error-
- This error can occur if you don’t have the required permissions over the installation directory.
- Simple File sharing is another possible cause of this error.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1303?
Learn how to fix the error 1303 you see while installing QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the specific steps-
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
Users can fix installing errors with the QuickBooks tool hub. You can download and install the QB tool hub by following these steps-
- Close the QuickBooks software.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s most recent version (220.127.116.11).
- Save the file in a location where it is easy to find (like a Windows desktop).
- Open the downloaded file, i.e., QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- To install, accept the terms and conditions, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to launch the tool hub after the installation is complete.
Note: You can determine which version you have if you’ve already installed Tool Hub. You can do so by choosing the Home tab, version information will be at the bottom. We recommend you use the latest version.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
After installing the QuickBooks tool hub, run it to rectify installation errors like 1303.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click Installation Issues in the tool hub.
- Now choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Run the tool. It can take around 20 minutes.
- Restart your computer after the tool run is complete.
Solution 3: Check Your Permissions
As we mentioned above, Sometimes not having control over the installation directory can cause this issue. This is the method to resolve the QuickBooks error code 1303 manually. By following these instructions, you can allow permission and change these settings:
Step 1- Change Permissions To Full Control
Change permissions To Full Control for Folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.
- Press the buttons Windows + R on your keyboard and open the Run window.
- Enter the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ then click OK. The folder contents are shown in an opening window.
- Select Properties by clicking Organize in the Folder Window.
- On the folder window’s top ribbon, click Properties (Windows 10).
- Click Edit on the Security tab.
- Select SYSTEM or Everyone in the Group or user names area, then click Full Control in the Allow column. (You must add it if SYSTEM or Everyone is not already present. Click the Add button to start).
- The window to select Users or Groups will now appear. Enter Everyone or SYSTEM in the section labeled “Enter the object names to select,” then press the Check Names button.
- Click the OK button if your entry is valid. Now, the group SYSTEM or Everyone will be included.
- Check Full Control in the Allow column after selecting it.
- To save changes, click Apply and OK.
- With the Everyone group, repeat steps through a to h (if it exists).
- Click on the box that states Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object.
- Click OK in the COMMON FILES Properties panel and the Advanced Security Settings window.
Try installing the application once more after making the necessary adjustments to see if the issue has been fixed.
Step 2- Put Simple File Sharing to Rest
- Press ‘Windows + R’ on your keyboard> open the Run window.
- You must copy and paste RunDll32.exe, shell32.dll, Options RunDLL 0, and then press Enter.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Settings list on the View tab.
- Uncheck mark from Use simple file sharing (recommended).
- Choose OK to continue installing QuickBooks Desktop.
Need Further Help for Resolving Error 1303?
Hopefully, these solutions will help you eliminate the QuickBooks error 1303. But, if you still have issues and need further assistance, we recommend you contact our professional team. Our team will help you eliminate this error and solve your queries. You can also contact QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942 for the same.