QuickBooks error 9999 is a script error which interferes QuickBooks and your bank connection and can halt your ongoing work.
QuickBooks Error 9999 appears when users initiate more than one manual update request within the time span of 5 minutes. After the first update, users witness QuickBooks error message 9999. This is done to avoid users contributing to excessive traffic. This error occurs while the user is accessing online banking services through QuickBooks. You will see an error message on your screen stating:
“Sorry, we can’t update your bank. Please try the update again (9999)”
“Error Code 9999 – Can’t Update”
Are you unable to use an online banking service due to QuickBooks login error 9999? Worry not and just call +1-(855)-955-1942. An expert will fix this error for you.
Major Reasons for QuickBooks Online Error 9999
There are 3 possible reasons leading to QuickBooks Online error 9999 which involve problems with your internet, hindrance by Windows security and presence of cache files. The complete list for the reasons is:-
- User has slow internet connection speed which is creating a problem in establishing a connection between QuickBooks and the bank server.
- Windows firewall is not allowing QuickBooks to interact with bank servers.
- Presence of old cookie or cache files in your internet browser is leading to this error.
Quick Solutions for QuickBooks login error 9999
There are 5 different solutions that can help users fix QuickBooks error 9999. It involves updating the bank connection in QuickBooks, cleaning cache files from your browser, reconnecting your bank account in QBO, accessing bank websites and importing transactions manually. The detailed steps you need to follow are:-
Solution 1: Update Bank Connection 3-4 Times
Keeping your bank connections up to date 3–4 times within QuickBooks can assist users in resolving QuickBooks bank account error 9999. The following are the steps you must take:
- Log into your QuickBooks Online on your web browser.
- Click on the Banking tab and select Update from your list.
- Follow these steps again at least 3-4 times.
Solution 2: Remove Cache Files From Your Web Browser
Every time you visit a website, your browser creates cache files. The presence of old cache files can occasionally cause QuickBooks online error 9999. Each browser has its own method for deleting cache files. The methods for deleting cache files in Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox are listed below.
- Run Microsoft Edge and click on the menu button (3 dots) present in the top right corner.
- Select Privacy and Services from the list.
- Tap on Clear Browsing data and tick mark Cached images and files.
- Then click on Clear.
- Run Google Chrome and click on the menu button (3 dots) in the top-right section.
- Select More Tools and then tap on Clear Browsing Data.
- Click on the time range and then choose All time.
- Tickmark Cached images and file box and then tap on Clear Data.
- Tap on the menu button (three vertical lines) and select Settings from the list.
- Go to the Privacy & Security panel.
- Go to the Cookies and Site Data section and tap on Clear Data.
- Now tickmark Cached Web Content, click on the Clear button.
Solution 3: Bank Account Disconnection and Reconnection
Users need to disconnect and then reconnect their bank accounts. It refreshes the connection and fixes QuickBooks login error 9999. These are the steps you need to follow:-
- Tap on the Banking tab in the left panel.
- Click on the Edit icon for the account you need to disconnect.
- Account Window will open up; click on Disconnect this account option.
- Then tap on Save and Close.
- Now again click on the Banking tab.
- Tap on the Add Account button and enter in login credentials of your bank account.
- Click on the Continue button and then select Securely connect.
- Press the bank icon and choose your account from the Account type list.
- Select the Bank account or Credit Card account.
- You can click on +Add new if you don’t have an account and then click on Connect.
Solution 4: Log into your Bank Account through the Bank’s Website
At times your bank requires extra information to verify the login credentials. Lack of information can be a reason for QuickBooks banking error code 9999. Open another tab and then go to your bank’s website. Log in through your account credentials and answer the security question that your bank asks. You can also use OTP to complete the login process. Once you have logged in, try updating bank feeds in QuickBooks Online again.
Solution 5: Importing Transactions Manually Through QuickBooks
This temporary solution allows users to manually upload their banking transactions into QBO. Go to your bank website and then download the transaction in .QBO format. Then import that file into QuickBooks Online.
Allow Experts to Fix QuickBooks Banking Error Code 9999!
So this is all about QuickBooks Error 9999. Hopefully, these solutions will fix all your bank updates and login issues. If this error still persists, reach out to an expert at QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942 and they will guide you on how to fix it.