What if you forget your QuickBooks login credentials? If you need to Recover QuickBooks Account and have forgotten your user id or password, we can help. Recovery procedures differ between the desktop and web versions. You can easily Recover QuickBooks Online Account with number, email ID or ID proof. Here’s how to recover a lost QuickBooks account for QBD and QBO in detail.
If you want to restore QuickBooks account but are not very tech-savvy, Get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on our Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.
Steps to Recover QuickBooks Online Account
The most convenient method is to recover QuickBooks Online account via email or phone. But there are 2 ways to recover QB Online account depending on whether you have access to your email address and phone number or not.
Recover QuickBooks Account with number or Email ID
The process to Recover Lost QuickBooks Account with Number or email id requires you to enter in a code that you will receive on those mediums. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go on to intuit sign-in help page.
- Now, type your phone number, email address, or user ID for your account. You can also click on ‘Try something else‘ and a question about you will pop up, answer them and click on Continue.
- Now, you would have received a code from Intuit or QuickBooks [check your phone or email]. Enter the code that you received or follow the instructions in your mail.
- QuickBooks might ask more questions for verification.
- Finally, the application will ask you to reset the password.
Recover QuickBooks Account with ID Proof
If your email address or mobile number is no longer valid, the application will restore QuickBooks account with ID proof. QuickBooks’ account protection team will verify your identity and send you an account password reset link. Now, read the steps you must take:
- Click a high-quality photo or scan of your driver’s license, passport, or any other ID issued by the government. A notarized document in your name will also work.
- Now fill in the information required in the form below and upload the document or ID you clicked in the previous step.
- Now, wait for one business day and then search your email for a response from firstname.lastname@example.org. The mail either consists of detailed steps you need to follow next or a link through which you can reset your password.
NOTE: After entering into your account, you can change your email address if you want.
The process to recover QuickBooks Account with ID proof generally takes time as the team has to manually verify your credentials. The mail to recover lost QuickBooks account should be sent between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PT in order to receive a reply within the next working day.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have a current driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued identification. Make sure the account owner or primary admin user’s ID or notarized document is clear and legible. Do not include or display your Social Security number in any document you post to safeguard your privacy.
Steps to Recover QuickBooks Account in Desktop Version
Because you’ll have to go through the QuickBooks sign-in page, you’ll need an internet connection to Recover Lost QuickBooks Account in the desktop version. Follow these given steps:
- Go to the QuickBooks Sign-in page.
- Tap on I forgot my user ID or password link.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and enter the required information.
NOTE: You’ll receive an email with a password reset link if you used your email address or user ID to authenticate your account.
Didn’t get an email to Recover QuickBooks Account?
There are certain users who have complained about not receiving the recovery email. They can follow these instructions and then try again:
- Go through your spam or junk folder.
- Make sure email@example.com is part of your contact list.
- Go through all the email ids that you might have used for login purposes.
- Unblock emails from Intuit.
Experts Assistance To Recover QuickBooks Online Account!
We hope you understand how to restore QuickBooks account in both the online and desktop versions. However, if you get stuck while completing any of the above processes and require assistance, we recommend contacting our professionals by placing a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.