When it comes to business, managing and filing taxes has always been a hectic task. People often get confused in filing tax forms like IRS W2, W3, or others. But, you need to complete the paperwork at the right time to avoid any penalties and send the copies to your employees at the end of the year. However, you can easily create, print, and share all these forms in QuickBooks. You can even share access to QuickBooks Workforce with your employees so that they can view and print the forms on their own. In this blog, we will guide you on one such form in QuickBooks: W3 in QuickBooks. We will provide you with a detailed guide on how to print W3 in QuickBooks.
What are W2 and W3 Forms?
A W-2 form is a form that includes all the detailed accounts of the amount that the employer is going to deduct from your employees’ accounts per annum to fill the taxes. As an employee, it is their responsibility to review all the W-2 forms for their workforce. For this, they have to summarize the employee wages and tax information and combine that data into one and file out the W-3 form.
W3 Form is also known as “Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements.”It is filled to total up all parts of Form W-2. Both these forms are filled together and then sent to the Social Security Administration (SSA) every year.
How to print W3 in QuickBooks?
You can print W3 in QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted, and QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard & Enhanced. Based on your preference, you can choose anyone and follow the below-given steps.
However, you need to remember that there are generally two ways to print W3 in QuickBooks. One is to print and send the form by yourself, and the other is to let Intuit print W3 in QuickBooks for you. It depends upon the employee how he wants to print W3 in QuickBooks. In the following discussion, we will talk about how you can print W3 in both scenarios with all three options. Continue reading to know more details about how to print W3 in QuickBooks.
You can also E-File W-2s With Quickbooks Desktop, know how.
Prerequisites you need to take care of before you print W3 in QuickBooks.
When you print W3 in QuickBooks by yourself, you need to take care of certain prerequisites. Thus, let us first check them before moving ahead with the steps to print W3 in QuickBooks.
- Ink: You can print W3 form with any non-reflective black ink, there is no special requirement for the ink to print W3 in QuickBooks.
- Paper: Ensure that the paper is in good condition and without any wear or tear.
- Local Taxes: You can print n number of W2 pages if you have numerous local and state taxes.
- Subscription: You will require an active QuickBooks payroll subscription to print w2 in QuickBooks.
Steps to Print W3 Form in QuickBooks Online
You need to subscribe to a payroll subscription to print the W3 form in QuickBooks. After that, you can follow the given steps to print the W3 form in QuickBooks Online.
Case 1: If QuickBooks Print W3 form for you, Enable the Automate Taxes and Forms Option.
If you want QuickBooks to pay and file taxes for you, you will be required to turn on the automated taxes and forms features. It will automatically send the form to the employees from the 20th to the 31st of January. However, you can still reprint them whenever required. Also, you can print the W3 form in QuickBooks for the previous as well as the current year. Follow the given steps to print W3 in QuickBooks Online.
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the Taxes option.
- Now, select the Payroll tax button.
- For the next step, you need to click on the Filings section.
- Now, tap on the Annual Forms link.
Now from here, you have to choose to print employee and employer copies of the W-2 and W-3 forms.
- From the drop-down menu, select the particular employee name that you want to file the form for or the All Employees button accordingly.
You will also be prompted a pop-up if you or any employee has contributed to the retirement plan other than QuickBooks Online. Choose Yes or No as per your response.
- Now, you will have to repeat the first 3 steps to get your W3 form.
- After that, click on the drop-down menu to select the filing period.
- Once done with this, tap on the View button. It will open Adobe Reader in a separate window.
- Now, click on the Print button.
- Again, click on the Print button one more time.
With the above-mentioned steps, you can easily print W3 in QuickBooks Online. In any case, if your employee has lost the form or has not received the form, you would need to type REISSUED STATEMENT when reprinting the form. Also, add a W-2 instructions copy along with it.
Know Also- How to Print W4 in QuickBooks Online
Case 2: If You want to pay and file the W3 yourself, Disable the Automate Taxes and Forms Option.
If you want to pay and file the W3 form manually or electronically, you would need to disable the automated taxes and forms functions. Also, remember that you would have to print and email the W3 form to your employees by the 31st of January.
Important Note: Buy W-3 paper before printing the W-3 form to avoid any inconvenience. Then, you can adjust the print preferences and print the W-3 forms efficiently.
- Go to the Taxes menu and then choose the Payroll Tax option.
- Tap on the Filings tab and select the Archived Forms option.
- Now, you need to select the appropriate year from the Select the Period option.
- Next, you need to choose Employee Copies or Employer Copies.
- Then, go to the View button and select it.
- When you are prompted to the Adobe Reader, click on the Print button.
- Hit the Print button one more time.
With these instructions, you can easily print W3 in QuickBooks Online for both the current and previous year. However, you are advised to get the W3 form kit beforehand to avoid any issues.
Steps to Print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted?
You can print the W3 form for both the previous and current years using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted. We will provide you with step-by-step methods about how you can print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted for both ways.
Case 1: If you want QuickBooks to Print W3 for you
If you opt for Intuit to automatically print the W3 form for you, it will send the W-2 by email to your employees between the 20th to 31st of January. Though you can still reprint the form through 13 January if required.
- Click on the Employees menu and then on Payroll Center.
- Now, switch to the File Forms section.
- Here, you have to choose one option between View or Print W3 forms.
- Now, you need to add the payroll PIN and click OK.
- Next, switch to the W-3s tab.
- Now, choose the year you want to print the form for.
- Next, select the employees and click on the Open/Save Selected option.
- Now, you need to give a valid reason for which you are printing the form.
- Then, click the File option on Adobe Reader.
- Click the Print button at last.
Case 2: If You want to Print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted by yourself
If you print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted by yourself, you would need to mail the W3 form to your employees by 31st January. All you need to remember is to take care of the requirements described above before printing the form by yourself.
The steps to print the W3 for the current and previous year in QB Desktop Payroll Assisted are the same as that of the Steps to Print W3 Form in QuickBooks Online. You can follow the steps mentioned in Case 2 of the same.
Steps to Print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard & Enhanced?
If you wish to create and print W3 in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard & Enhanced, you would be required to purchase a W-2 paper to avoid any issues while filing the form. You can easily purchase the W-2 form kit along with envelopes from QuickBooks. Also, remember to print and send the form by the 31st of January.
After you have got the W2 form kit, make sure to update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version before moving ahead. Also, update your payroll tax table. After that, you can follow the given steps to create and print W3 in QB Desktop Payroll Standard & Enhanced.
- First, go to the Employees option.
- Then select the Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s there.
- Now go to the File section and scroll down.
- Next, choose the Annual form W-3 (Wage & Tax Statement/Transmittal) option there.
- Tap on the Create Form option.
- Then, choose the employee’s name and year for filing the form.
- Then, click on OK.
- Next, you have to click the employees for whom you want to print the form.
- Then, click the Review button and go to the Reviewed section.
- Ensure the checkmark for Reviewed W-2s is marked.
- Once done, hit the Submit Form button.
- Now, go through the on-screen instructions to complete the process and print the form.
The Final Note!!
These steps can help you create and print W3 in QuickBooks easily. Though printing the firm through the automation feature directly send the copies to you and your employees, if you file the tax manually you would be required to create and print the form yourself after purchasing the W-2 kit.
You can choose from any of the given options according to your preference. However, you need always to remember to check and verify all the details when the detailed version of the W3 form file appears on your desktop screen.
Go through the document carefully and read it once every time before printing the form. In case of any needs, connect with our QuickBooks Experts or Call our Toll-free number +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
To download the W-3 form from QuickBooks, go to the Taxes menu. Then choose the Payroll Taxes tab and select the Annual Forms option from the Forms section. Then click on the W-3 forms and click view and download.
No, the W-3 and W-2 are different from one another. An Employee fills out the W-2 form. However, the W-3 forms are filled by the employers. The employer submits both the W-2 and W-3 forms to the Social Security Administration by the end of January (or say, January 31st) of each year.
Yes, you can print copies of W-3 in QuickBooks and even file them with the state or municipal agencies, distribute the copies to your staff, and keep them in your records.