At times, QuickBooks users might face issues in exporting data to excel, which further makes you unable to Export to Excel from QuickBooks. Exporting QuickBooks to excel does not include many complications but one a few rare cases, technical errors may appear. It can either be that QuickBooks crashes when exporting to excel or QuickBooks freezes when exporting to excel. The issue is observed mainly when the user upgrades the QuickBooks software and the export to Excel option is either grayed out or is not clickable. Or when the accounting software is unable to recognize excel that is installed in the user’s system. If you are also dealing with issues while exporting forms and reports from QuickBooks in Excel format, then follow the instructions listed in this article to quickly regain access to the QuickBooks export to Excel feature.
Wondering why QuickBooks Export to Excel not Working and need solutions to fix it? If that’s so, reach out to our experts by giving us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1-(855)-955-1942 and get immediate assistance.
Why Am I Unable To Export Data From QuickBooks To Excel?
There are several reasons that make you unable to export data from QuickBooks to Excel. To help you get aware of all these, we have listed the possible causes below:
- Outdated QuickBooks application.
- Another reason is partial or incomplete software updates.
- You might be unable to export to Excel from QuickBooks due to damaged MS Excel software.
- Many times, the export option for Excel is grayed out due to Windows User Account Controls settings.
- Your system fails to meet the minimum system requirement to run QuickBooks Desktop application.
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Online Export To Excel Not Working Error
Of all the following ways that help you fix being unable to export to Excel from QuickBooks, one of the common ways is to re-register all the keys with Microsoft, by reinstalling or by merely repairing Microsoft office. It will enable the software to identify that excel is present on the computer. However, if this doesn’t work, you can proceed with the below-mentioned troubleshooting solutions:
Note: Instead of using the web browser version, make sure to use the version installed on your system if you’re using Microsoft Office 365.
Step 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Make sure to keep your QuickBooks application updated as per the latest release. It ensures that your application works in its optimal state. Moreover, right after you update, open QuickBooks and export a report by following the below-given steps:
- Open the QuickBooks application and go to the Reports menu.
- Then, open any report on the list and select the Excel option.
- There, you will see all the export options, including Excel as well.
Step 2: Check QuickBooks system requirements
Being a QuickBooks user, you must know that each version of QuickBooks Desktop works with specific versions of Microsoft Office. To get sure of the system requirements for your version of QuickBooks, you can check by clicking on the mentioned links: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
However, if due to any reason your version of Microsoft Office isn’t compatible, then you must upgrade your application to a suitable QuickBooks version. If your version is compatible, and the QuickBooks online export to Excel does not work error persists, then you must jump to the next step.
Step 3: Repair Microsoft Office
If an Office application such as Word or Excel isn’t working correctly, sometimes restarting it will fix the problem. If that doesn’t work, you can try repairing it. When you’re done, you might need to restart your computer. The steps to access the repair tool vary depending on your operating system. For detailed information on how to repair Microsoft Office, you can proceed with the steps mentioned here. Once repaired, you must go back to QuickBooks and export a report to fix unable to export to Excel from QuickBooks.
Step 4: Change Windows User Account Controls (UAC)
If even after following the above step, you’re unable to Export to Excel from QuickBooks, then you must try to toggle your Windows UAC settings on and off. It will reset anything that is blocking the export feature. To do so, you must proceed with the below-given steps:
Note: These steps work for Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Click on the Windows icon and type User Account Control Settings into the search field. Then, open User Account Control Settings.
- Now, select and move the slider to Never Notify. Then select OK.
- Lastly, try to restart your computer.
Once done, you must go back into QuickBooks and try to export a report. If you can export, it means QuickBooks excel export not working issue is fixed. However, if you are still unable to export to Excel from QuickBooks, move on to Step 5.
Step 5: Reinstall QuickBooks
Before you install QuickBooks, it’s essential for you to install Microsoft Office and Excel on your computer. If due to any reason, you haven’t installed Microsoft Office, then you have to first uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. Once done, go back into QuickBooks and export a report. If you’re unable to export to Excel from QuickBooks even then, uninstall and reinstall Excel.
Steps To Uninstall Office
The steps to uninstall Office depend on the installation type that you have. However, the most common installation types are Click-to-Run and Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI). Further, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Click on the Windows icon and open the Control Panel.
Note: How you open the Control Panel, depends on the Windows version that you have.
- Type control panel in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Control Panel.
- Select Programs> Programs and Features.
- Right-click your Microsoft Office product, and choose Uninstall.
Windows 8.1 or 8
- Right-click on the Windows icon in Windows 8 and choose the Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Then, right-click your Office product, and choose Uninstall.
- Click on the Windows icon and select Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features.
- Right-click the Office application that you want to remove, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts that appear on your screen to complete the uninstallation.
- Further, you have to reinstall Office depending on the version you have. [Here, Microsoft Office 365]
Steps To Reinstall Office
- Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
- If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Select Yes and it will begin the installation.
- When the prompt “You’re all set! Office is installed now” appears, it means that the installation is completed.
- Further, an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Select Close.
Let Experts Help You Deal QuickBooks Export To Excel Failure!
We hope the troubleshooting mentioned would have helped you resolve the unable to Export to Excel from QuickBooks error without any hassle. However, if you need any further assistance, we would suggest you give us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.