QuickBooks Payroll is one of the best accounting applications out there that you can use to process payroll for your employees. However, sometimes, the application faces some glitches and errors that might interrupt your workflow. QuickBooks error 2107 is a similar payroll error that mainly occurs when you fail to transfer the salary of employees using direct deposit (DD). Error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll affects the compensation exchange and prevents the client from saving the payments in representative records. When trying to send payroll data or direct deposit paychecks, you may receive one of the following error messages:
Payroll Service Server Error. Please try again later. If this problem persists, please contact Intuit . Payroll Connection Error Error: QuickBooks Desktop has encountered a problem sending your usage data.
What Are The Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 2107?
Several reasons, such as a corrupted Windows operating system, can result in Error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll. However, the reasons aren’t restricted to these. Below, we have listed all the other major reasons:
- Invalid security certificates can result in QuickBooks Desktop error 2107.
- You might be trying to send the payroll data in multi-user mode.
- A network time-out restricts QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the server.
- QuickBooks payroll error 2107 can take place due to an unstable Internet connection.
- Another reason is Internet security and personal firewall software settings.
- Incorrect system date and time properties can also evoke Error Message 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks Payroll Error 2107 can sometimes also appear if some records were mistakenly erased.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Message 2107
Below, we have mentioned all the possible troubleshooting solutions, with which you would be able to resolve Error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll. But before you proceed to resolve payroll service connection errors, try performing the below-mentioned steps:
- Reboot your computer.
- Verify the system time and date setting, and change them if they are not set correctly.
- Make sure to have the latest payroll updates installed on your system.
- Be sure to have the latest QuickBooks release. It assures that your program is equipped with the latest features and fixes.
Step 1: Delete the Temporary Files in Internet Explorer
The accumulated files in Internet Explorer can evoke Error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll. Thus, you need to delete them by following the below-given steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools and, click on Internet Options.
- Now, go to the General tab and select Delete from the Browsing History section.
- Further, make sure to mark the Temporary Internet files and website files checkbox.
Note: There’s no need to delete the cookies.
- Lastly, click on Delete, followed by OK.
Step 2: Flush the DNS
To resolve your issues related to security, internet connectivity, etc., that further evoke QuickBooks message code 2107, you can try flushing the DNS. It will clear any IP addresses or other DNS records from your cache. To do so, you must proceed with the below-given steps:
- Click on the Windows icon and select All Programs, followed by Accessories and Run.
- Then, type CMD in the Run dialog box. It will open the Command Prompt.
- There, you need to type ipconfig/flushdns.
- At last, press the Enter key.
Then, you can try sending the payroll data.
- Firstly, you have to reboot your computer.
- Then, flush the DNS and delete the temporary internet files by following the steps mentioned in the above part.
- Once you do that, flush the DNS once again.
Step 3: Unmark the Publisher’s Certificate Revocation checkbox
As per the policy of server certificate revocation, Internet Explorer can either allow or revoke the server certificates of the websites. For example, if turned on, there might be a possibility that Internet Explorer is rejecting Intuit’s certificate, thus resulting in QuickBooks message code 2107. Follow the steps mentioned below to turn the feature off.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools. There, select Internet options.
- Now, go to the Advanced Tab and scroll down to the security section.
- There, you have to unmark the following checkboxes:
- Check for publisher’s revocation
- Check for server certificate revocation
Note: At last, you need to reboot your computer and then try to send the payroll data once again.
Step 4: Update Windows on the System
You need to update the Windows Operating System to the latest version; here is how you can check for updates and then complete the updation:
- First, click on the Windows Start menu present at the bottom and choose the Gear icon at the left.
- Then, select the Update and Security option.
- After this, click the Check for updates button.
- Then, complete the update, if available.
Step 5: Review Your Employee’s Paychecks
You need to check the employees’ paychecks and make sure that the earnings are correctly entered. Here is how you can review your employees’ paychecks:
- Go to the Employees menu in the application.
- Then, move ahead with the Payroll Center option.
- After that, click on the Payroll tab and find the employee’s paycheck.
- Now, in the Payroll Information section, press the Open Paycheck Detail button.
- Check if any blank earning records are present there.
- Make changes wherever necessary, and then hit Save.
Step 6: Configure the Intuit Data Protect Set-Up
Complete the setup of Intuit Data Protect in the following way:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and then type Firewall.
- After this, choose the Allow an app through Windows Firewall option.
- Then, click Allow another app and hit Browse.
- Now, go to the Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect and add Each File.
- Then, in the Network Types, check and set it to Private.
- Then, hit Add.
- Now, add IDP to the trusted sites list.
- For this, press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Then, type Internet Options, go to the Security Tab, and click Trusted Sites.
- After this, click Sites and add IDP and Intuit websites to the list.
- Lastly, hit Close and OK.
Also See: Intuit Data Protect has Stopped Working
Steps To Follow If You Have Been Using Safe Application
You won’t be able to send your payroll data if the safe application is installed on your system and, thus, will not be able to eliminate Error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll. It blocks all the financial information that is transferred to and from your computer. In that case, you can try following the below-given steps:
Note: Make sure to resend payroll after you perform every below-mentioned step.
- Firstly, you have to reboot your computer.
- Make sure to restore Internet Explorer settings. Also, meet the .Net Framework requirements for QB Desktop
- Find out the network that fits your needs.
- Make sure to use QuickBooks in single-user mode while sending Payroll data. Also, try to get the recent Payroll updates.
- Verify if the date and time on your system are set correctly.
- Restart your computer. Further, make sure to set Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- Ensure that you’re able to access a secure website. For example, https://qbdt.payroll.intuit.com/. However, if you can’t, try reconfiguring your Internet and Firewall.
- You must download the latest QuickBooks Payroll tax table update and the update QuickBooks desktop version.
- After that, unmark the Publisher’s Certificate Revocation checkbox and then, restart your computer.
- Due to unsecured wireless connections, you can send your payroll data with a cable internet connection.
- Change the Shared download option from Yes to No.
- Further, you have to revalidate your payroll subscription. Moreover, ensure that you have a stable QuickBooks Desktop Internet Connection.
- Lastly, add *.quickbooks.com, *.payroll.com, and *.quicken.com as trusted websites and then, resend the payroll information.
Important: If the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps didn’t help you resolve Error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll, then, you may try to perform a clean install in selective startup. Further, start your system in Safe Mode with networking.
Find An Expert To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 2107 in Payroll
By this point, you would surely be able to resolve Error 2107 in QuickBooks Payroll by following the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog. However, there might be instances, where you would still be stuck with the same error due to unknown reasons. In such a scenario, you must look for professional assistance. You may also get in touch with our experts by dialing QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Yes, blank earning records inserted above the earnings hours in QuickBooks Payroll can result in error 2107. You can delete this blank record and save the changes to rectify the error.
Ans: To update the payroll to the latest release, do the following:
1. Click on Employees, then Get Payroll Updates.
2. Now, select the Download Entire Update checkbox.
3. After this, hit on Download Latest Update. You will get an informational window when the download is complete.