While updating bank feeds in QuickBooks, a user may encounter QuickBooks OL-233. Unfortunately, the error code prevents a user from completing their banking information. This QuickBooks error can occur for a number of reasons, but the most frequent one is a problem with internet connectivity. In addition, we will go into detail about the reasons for this problem and how to fix the error. You may see the error message pop up on the screen as-
"QuickBooks was not able to complete your request Error OL-223."
What Is QuickBooks Error OL-233?
Both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online can occasionally experience some common errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error OL-233. This problem arises when a person tries to update their banking records but is unable to do so because of specific reasons. Some common reasons behind this error are poor internet connection or incorrect web settings. Therefore, error OL-233 in QuickBooks instructs consumers to get in touch with their bank directly. You’ll find what you should do to resolve this error in the later section of the post.
Signs Of QuickBooks Error OL-233
Here are some of the symptoms using which you can easily determine QuickBooks error OL-233:
- You are unable to change and preserve any information in your banking records.
- In QuickBooks, certain buttons or tabs are not working.
- Getting disconnected from your banking institution’s website for no reason.
- QuickBooks abruptly stops functioning or responding to your commands.
- The QB screen starts freezing.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error OL-233
The causes of QuickBooks error OL-233 could be various. However, the primary reasons are described below-
- Due to problems with Internet connectivity, Intuit Error Code OL-233 appears on your screen.
- The bank’s server goes down or is undergoing maintenance, which causes QuickBooks error code OL-233 to appear.
- You might have an old version of Windows or the QuickBooks software.
- While importing unsupported formats to QuickBooks application or when manually updating bank feeds in QuickBooks is another possible cause.
- An inactive bank account.
- Data loss or corruption in the QuickBooks company file.
You might come across: Quicken Error OL 221 A
Things To Do Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error OL-233
There are some important things that we recommend you to do before beginning the process of troubleshooting. These are-
- The QuickBooks bank feed error OL-233 can occasionally occur if the login information entered for your online banking is mistyped. So verify your credentials.
- Ensure that you are well connected to your internet. To see if the Internet connectivity is working correctly, try opening a reputable website in your web browser.
- Sometimes, using an older version of QuickBooks can also cause the error. Verify that you are running the most recent QuickBooks Desktop version. Tap on the F2 key on your keyboard to do this, and the Product Information Window will now display the application’s most recent version.
- You must authenticate your identity with your linked bank before you can install a new update for QuickBooks. Use the proper login information to access your bank’s website, then check to see whether you have gotten any notifications from the institution. In the absence of news, seek assistance from your bank.
- To prevent the Intuit Error Code OL-233, make sure that Internet Explorer is your default browser.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error OL-233
There are some easy ways to eliminate this error. Some of the best ones are the following-
Method 1: Create a Fresh QB Testing File
Test the transactions or let users enter data using the QuickBooks Test file. To generate a QuickBooks Text File, follow the instructions listed below:
- Open QuickBooks and select the File option from the menu.
- Choose New Company, then select Express Start.
- Connect the account whose financial transactions you want to download.
- Last but not least, attempt to download your transactions into the freshly created test file and see if there are any errors.
If the error is still there, you should try next methods.
Method 2: Verify & Rebuild Data Utilities
Use the Verify and Rebuild Data utilities to determine whether the data integrity is intact and, if not, correct it.
- First, open QuickBooks then Keep your mouse over the Utilities drop-down in the File tab.
- Choose the Verify Data option, then let the program check the data in your company file to see if the problems are with its integrity.
- Close the dialogue box and reopen the Utilities drop-down if you receive the error notice “Your Data has Lost Integrity.”
- Choose the Rebuild Data option this time, then wait for the company file to be repaired.
- Once the company file has been repaired, try to carry out the identical action that initially caused the error.
Method 3: Enable TLS1.2 Security Protocol in Your Internet Explorer
TLS, or Transport Layer Security, is a method for enhancing network security. For instructions on how to activate TLS 1.2, follow below steps:
- Select Internet Options from the Gear menu after starting Internet Explorer.
- In the Advanced tab, select Security.
- Next, check the TLS 1.2 checkbox while leaving the TLS 1.0 checkbox unchecked.
- Finally, click OK after selecting Apply.
Method 4: Set Up Bank Account
To protect your company’s data, make a backup of it to avoid QuickBooks problem OL-233. Follow the below steps-
- Check to see whether there is a Lightning Bolt on the QuickBooks Inactive Account first.
- Now, if it does, then you need to deactivate this account for online services.
- Finally, hold down the Control key while attempting to set up the bank feed once more.
- There is a good possibility that this procedure will resolve the OL-233 Error in QuickBooks.
Need Help To Fix QuickBooks Error OL-233?
You may fix the QuickBooks error message OL-233 by using the troubleshooting methods provided on this page. Give us a call for QuickBooks help if you need assistance in any way. We will put you in touch with professionals who can help you fix QuickBooks problem OL-233. Call QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Team at +1-(855)-955-1942.