The Quicken accounting software allows you to sync your Online Bank account details that further helps to keep a track of all your personal transactions. At times, while downloading transactions in the Quicken software from the bank you might end up with the Quicken error OL-221-A. However, there are several reasons that trigger this error code. Unstable internet connection or due to any kind of server issue in the bank being few of them. When it occurs, an error message appears on your screen that reads:
“Quicken is unable to complete your request (OL-221-A).”
In that situation, you must look for some effective resolution methods that can help you fix this Quicken Error. However, before you proceed with the troubleshooting, you must be aware of the possible reasons that result in error OL-221-A. To help you with that, we have listed all such reasons ahead in this blog.
Looking for advanced methods that can help you fix error code OL-221-A? If that’s so, we would suggest you give us a call on our Helpline number +1(855)-955-1942 and take the assistance of our experts.
What Are The Causes Of Quicken Error Code OL-221-A?
Quicken error code OL-221-A can take place when you try to download transactions from the bank. However, there are several other reasons as well that bring forth this error code. Below we have listed all such causes:
- Quicken is unable to receive a proper response from the bank while making transactions.
- Another reason is an unstable internet connection.
- The server of your financial institution might be down.
- Network issues can also result in Quicken Error OL-221-A.
Troubleshooting Methods To Rectify Quicken Error Message OL-221-A
Below we have mentioned all the possible methods implementing which you might resolve Quicken error message OL-221-A at the earliest:
Solution 1: Update the Quicken Application
Like other applications, it’s essential to update the Quicken application to improve performance and patch known bugs. If a known bug has caused the Quicken error, then it must have been patched in the latest build of the application. In such a situation, we would suggest you to update your Quicken application as per the latest release to resolve the Quicken error OL-221-A.
- Open the Quicken application and go to the Help menu.
- From there, click on the Check for Updates option.
- If you come across any available update, click on Yes to update the application.
- After that, you need to restart your system.
- Lastly, open the Quicken application once again and check if the error has been resolved or not.
Solution 2: Perform a Malware Scan of Your System
Malware and virus attacks can put your business data at great risk. Moreover, whenever your system is infected by malware attack you might encounter several system errors including many Quicken errors such as Quicken error OL-221-A. You can resolve this issue by performing a thorough malware scan. Right after the scan, open the Quicken application and check if it’s working fine.
Solution 3: Temporarily Disable Your Antivirus/Firewall
When it comes to the safety of your accounting data, the antivirus/firewall applications play a vital role. Many times, these applications block access to a vital system/network resource that is required by your applications. This might be a reason behind the Quicken error OL-221-A. In such a situation, one must try to disable the antivirus/firewall temporarily.
- Firstly, you have to disable your antivirus application and then turn off the firewall.
- Now, open the application and check if it is functioning correctly.
- Once done, don’t forget to turn on your antivirus/firewall.
Solution 4: Delete Temporary Files of Your System Drive
Like other applications, there are certain temporary files that your Quicken application uses to perform certain operations. If you find conflicting entries in any of these temporary files, then you might encounter the Quicken error OL-221-A. In such a scenario, you must try to delete the temporary files. However, you don’t need to worry, as none of your data will be affected. Moreover, these files will be recreated over time. Further, follow the below-given steps to delete the temporary files:
- Firstly, you have to close the Quicken application.
- Then, click on the Windows icon and type Command Prompt in the text space.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator option from the drop-down menu.
- Type cleanmgr in the Command Prompt and press the Enter key.
- Further, select your system drive to scan the files that you want to delete.
- After that, select the categories of files that need to be deleted. However, ensure to select the Temporary Files.
- Wait till the time deletion process is completed.
- Once done, you need to restart your system and open the Quicken application and check for the error status.
Solution 5: Update Your Bank Details
At times, due to temporary communication glitch between the Quicken application and its servers, you might end up with the Quicken error OL-221-A. In such a scenario, you must try to update your bank details.
Note: If you have encountered this error with your computer or a laptop/notebook, you must try using Restore Repair. It will scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files.
- Open the Quicken application in the first place.
- Then, go to Tools and click on One Step Update Summary.
- Further, you need to look for the financial institution that has encountered this error code under the discussion column.
- After that, click on the Account Actions/gear icon. From there, click on Update Now.
- Once the update process completes, check if the Quicken application is functioning or not.
Solution 6: Deactivate/Reactivate the Account
The corrupted entry corresponding to the problematic financial institution can cause the Quicken OL-221-A error. In that case, deactivating and reactivating the corresponding account may solve the problem.
- Open the Quicken application and click on Tools followed by the Account List.
- Now, click on the Edit option and select Online Services followed by Deactivate.
- Further, confirm the deactivation by clicking on Yes. Then, click on OK followed by Done
- Make sure to mark the Validate file checkbox and click on OK.
- Once the validation completes, go to Tools and select the Account List.
- Moving ahead, click on the Edit icon of the problematic account. Then, go to the Online Services tab and click on Set up Now.
- When prompted, enter the username and password for the financial institution and click on Connect.
- At this point, your account information will be displayed. Click on it and check for the error status.
Solution 7: Reinstall the Quicken Application
Corrupt installation of the Quicken application can bring forth the Quicken error OL-221-A. In that case, uninstalling the current installation of Quicken and then reinstalling the latest version may resolve the issue. You may follow the below-given steps to reinstall the Quicken application.
- Click on the Windows icon and type Control Panel in the search bar.
- Under Programs in the Control Panel, click on Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click on Quicken and select the Uninstall option from the list of installed programs.
- Now, complete the uninstallation process of Quicken by following the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Once uninstalled, restart your system. Then, download the latest version of the Quicken application from its official site.
- Then, open the downloaded file and complete the installation process. Further, set up your Quicken application.
- At last, update the accounts in Quicken and check for the error status.
Solution 8: Close Conflicting Programs
Whenever you come across a runtime error, you need to know that it happens when programs are conflicting with each other. Thus, you need to resolve the Quicken error OL-221-A by closing these conflicting programs.
- Open Task Manager by simultaneously pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del keys. It will open the list of programs that are currently running.
- Now, go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program. Then, click on the End Process icon.
- Further, you need to keep a check if the error message occurs each time you stop a process.
- Once you identify which program is causing the error, you can proceed ahead to reinstall the application.
Need Help To Fix Error OL-221-A In Quicken!
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this blog would have helped you resolve the Quicken error OL-221-A without any hassle. However, if you are stuck while following the above-listed solutions, we would suggest you to get in touch with our experts by giving us a call on our Data Service Solution‘s Helpline number +1(855)-955-1942. Our team is available round the clock to help you resolve any QB-related query.
Quicken Error OL 221 A FAQs:
It occurs when the connection between the bank servers and Quicken software is broken due to which the bank fails to update the transactions.