The QuickBooks application needs to be updated every time the new features are released to keep your device away from any technical issues. Intuit Download Manager is required in order to secure QuickBooks installation files to the desktop. During the installation of program updates, the Intuit Download Manager error might occur. It majorly appears on your screen due to incomplete download files. In this article, get to know all the reasons and ways to fix it.
Want experts help to fix intuit download manager server returned an error? Don’t worry and contact our team at +1-(855)-955-1942.
Why does Intuit Download Manager Fatal Error Occur?
Your system may experience an intuit download manager error connecting for a variety of reasons-
- Damaged QuickBooks download folder.
- Some errors prevent the files from being installed or downloaded.
- Failing to meet system requirements for the variant you are trying to download.
- Anti-Virus or Firewall protecting hindering the download or installation process, considering it a threat.
Best Possible Ways To Overcome Intuit Download Manager Error
There are 4 different solutions to deal with intuit download manager fatal error. Follow the detailed instructions given below:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Quickbooks Install Diagnostic tool should be your first step to fix the error-
- Close QuickBooks and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Intuit website.
- Then, Save the QuickBooks Tool hub file to a location where it will be easy to find.
- Now, you have to Double-click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen for the installation process.
- To finish installing QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, agree to the terms and conditions.
- You can find it on the desktop or through the search bar.
- Click on Installation Issues in the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- If the Intuit download manager server returned an error, then Go to QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it run for 20 minutes.
- Restart the system, once the tool has finished its work.
Solution 2: Fix the Intuit Download Manager Fatal Error Manually
The QuickBooks download manager error can be manually fixed by repairing or reinstalling the components that caused the Intuit download manager error. Follow the mentioned steps:
Fix MXML DLL files
- Open the Run Command simultaneously by pressing the ‘Windows + R’ keys on your keyboard.
- Open the command prompt by typing ‘cmd‘ and Press the ‘Enter‘ key.
- Press ‘Enter’ after typing ‘regsvr32 MSXML6.dll’.
Repair MSXML 6.0
- When you download the msi installation files, save them to your desktop.
- Click on Windows Start and search exe /fvaum “%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.msi and Press Enter.
- When the MSXML 6.0 installation is complete, install QuickBooks Desktop.
Fix .NET Framework
- Click on ‘Start’ Menu, Go to the ‘Control Panel’ of your system.
- Press on ‘Uninstall a Program’ in the ‘Programs and Features’ section.
- Select ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘.NET Framework’ from the menu.
- Now, Mark the ‘.NET Framework 4.5’ and ‘.NET Framework 3.5 SP1’.
- Click on OK, Save changes and then Restart your system.
Any issues with the .NET Framework and MXML.dll files would be resolved by following the steps above. This will assist you in resolving your download manager error.
Solution 3: Change Firewall settings
If you use Sophos XG firewall to secure your system’s traffic, you may encounter an error. Following the methods below, you can resolve the issue by disabling some firewall settings:
- Look at the ‘Firewall’ Tab on the left panel.
- Select the ‘Edit’ option from the list of active firewalls that affects the computer.
- Select ‘None’ or ‘Allow All’ in the ‘Application Control’ section.
- To Save your changes Press ‘Save’ Button.
Solution 4: Update Windows
Updating Windows would not just fix the issue but also prevent any future Intuit download manager error.
- Update the current version of Microsoft Windows manually.
- Restart the computer once the update is finished.
- If QuickBooks and the company file open QuickBooks download manage error.
To avoid the error, the first thing to check is the system requirements for the version you’re trying to download. Let’s look at what are the requirements-
For Windows Users
- Natively installed Windows 10 or Windows 8.1.
- Natively installed Standard and Essentials versions of Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, and Windows Small Business Server 2011.
- Minimum processor speed of 2.4 GHz.
- Minimum RAM required is 4 GB, it is recommended to have at least 8 GB RAM.
- RAM requirements increase with the number of users:
- 1 – 5 Users: 8 GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12 GB RAM
- 15 Users: 16 GB RAM
- 20 Users: 20+ GB RAM
- You should keep a minimum of 2.5 GB disk space for application and additional space for your files.
- Screen resolution of the display should be 1280 x 1024.
- Internet Explorer 11 browser is required.
- Some anti-virus applications may need setting adjustments to run QuickBooks.
For Mac Users
System requirements of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac users are as follows:
- Mac OS 10.14(Mohave).
- Core 2 Duo or higher Intel processor.
- Minimum 2 GB RAM is required, it is recommended to have 4 GB RAM at least.
- 250 MB of disk space should be available.
- 100% compatible Printers and Checks are required if you need to print invoices, etc.
Due to Microsoft’s discontinuation of support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008, QuickBooks does not support these operating systems. It also no longer offers security updates, leaving your information vulnerable to theft and loss.
Experts Help to fix Intuit Download Manager Server Returned an Error!
So this was your guide on Intuit Download manager error connecting issue. If you are among those people who have been finding it difficult to manage your business, give QuickBooks a try and it will help you ease out the operation. If due to any reason, you couldn’t fix this issue, then we would suggest you reach out to our experts by giving us a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1-(855)-955-1942.