QuickBooks is highly accessible software that offers a large number of online services. Many times the application fails to sync with Intuit servers and run into QuickBooks error 404. This error means that the web page you’re trying to reach could not be found on the server. You can run into this error while checking bank feeds, updating QuickBooks, accessing services such as GoPayments etc. If you are facing a similar issue, we will guide you through all possible causes and solutions through which you can fix it.
QB Error 404 message can appear on your screen in different ways-
- Service messages error# 404
- Intuit Error 404
- Error 404 pages not found
- QuickBooks update error 404
The solutions mentioned might be a little technical in nature, and if you feel any difficulty while following the steps, we will advise you to contact our team. You can reach us to our experts at our Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.
What are the possible reasons for QuickBooks Error 404 Service messages?
There are different reasons that can possibly trigger Quickbooks 404 errors. The error is majorly associated with QB servers and your application. Let’s look at all possible causes for it:-
- Page or server is not sync-able.
- An invalid or unavailable URL causes the service request to be rejected.
- Crash command operation.
- Dormant element.
- Poor bandwidth and system latency.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 404?
The troubleshooting methods for fixing QB Error 404 are not very complex. Follow these steps in order to fix the error-
Solution 1- Verify your Bandwidth Latency
Poor internet condition is one big reason why people run into QB error 404. If you have a poor internet connection, it will be difficult for our system to load the web page, thus running into this error. Follow these steps in order to fix it-
- Open any website that you open frequently.
- Check if there is some lag while opening web settings, refresh the page and try again.
- If you run into “Page Can’t be displayed” or “Connect to the Internet”, restart your router or web switch and retry accessing the URL once again.
- You need to contact your service provider if you are still unable to open the web page.
- Restart your system again.
- Set Internet Explorer as your default browser, and then try completing the same task again.
Solution 2- Make Changes to your Web Settings
There is a possibility that your web settings are causing a hindrance in smooth server connection and thus causing the error. Follow these steps in order to fix it:-
- Start Internet Explorer and select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- Tap on Security Tab and Click on Trusted Sites and then sites.
- Moving further, Add *.intuit.com and *.quickbooks.com as trusted sites.
- Press on Close and then OK.
- Log off from your company file and then Shut down QuickBooks.
- Now Reopen QuickBooks and Run your company file.
- Repeat the task you were performing when QuickBooks 404 error occurred.
Solution 3: Update and Repair your QuickBooks Application
QuickBooks update error 404 can be due to an outdated version of the application. Thus, you can fix it by updating and repairing it-
- Open QuickBooks Application and tap on the Help menu.
- Choose Update QuickBooks Desktop and wait for QuickBooks to completely update.
- Close down QB after the update process is over.
- Now open QB, run your company file, and repeat the task you performed when error 404 occurs. Follow these steps in case the error still pops up.
- Press Windows + R.
- Type “Appwiz.cpl” in the run box.
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of installed programmes and Click on repair.
- Wait till the repair is finished.
Solution 4- For Optimum QuickBooks Performance, Reconfigure your System Settings
If your system is not running at full potential, there is a possibility that it might be the cause of QuickBooks error 404 service messages:-
- Close down your company file and then shut down QuickBooks.
- Update your Windows system and then Restart your system if required.
- Now open internet explorer and then tap on Tools Menu and choose “Internet Options”.
- Go to Advanced Tab and browse right to the bottom in the settings.
- Checkmark TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.2 if they are not, and then press OK.
- Close all programs and save the information that is currently in use.
- Press on Windows + R simultaneously and type in “MSConfig“, and then tap on OK.
- Click on General on the system configuration screen.
- Go to Startup Selection and click on Selective startup, and press OK.
- Now Restart your system.
Solution 5- Open QB Company File in Incognito Mode
Cookies and cache are possible reasons for QuickBooks desktop error 404. Try running your QB company file in Incognito mode and performing the same task that resulted in this error. This will help you understand if the problem is with the web browser or not. Each web browser has a different way of accessing the incognito mode.
- Google Chrome- Ctrl + Shift + N
- Firefox – Ctrl + Shift + P
- Safari- Control + Option + P
- Microsoft edge / Internet Explorer – Ctrl + Shift + P
If this solution works, you need to go back to the browser you usually use and press Ctrl + Shift + Delete in order to clear the cache.
Let Experts help to fix QuickBooks Error Code 404!
So we hope that now you are well aware of what to do when QuickBooks service messages update error 404 occurs. We discussed what all factors can lead to it and what should you do in order to fix it. QuickBooks is a great software to manage your books of account. If you still have any query, get in touch with our QuickBooks professionals by placing a call on QuickBooks Data Service Solutions Helpline Number +1(855)-955-1942.